• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yer really good man AliGee! :)

I was a Drug addict and an alcoholic for 20 years . coke in the 80's..and meth in the 90's
At 39 years old i got busted and tested so I had to quit it all..
So.:banghead: .... that really doesnt count as a accomplishment :confused:

But, I managed to get a 30 year union carpenter pension after busting my ass for 32 years for more than 50 different employers and haveing to look for work more than 100 times(no shit, ask a construction worker)

I met my beautiful wife when I was 40 She already had 3 beautiful teenage daughters.
Now 12 years later they are pumping out grandkids like crazy!! Thats Fun! :D
I didnt get to be a dad...But I am a Grandpa to 9! and I love it! :oldman:

I think my greatest accomplishment is yet to come..(i hope) ;)

Aligee

Aligee

I was a Drug addict and an alcoholic for 20 years . coke in the 80's..and meth in the 90's
.so..... that really doesnt count as a accomplishment :confused:

But, I managed to get a 30 year union carpenter pension after busting my ass for 32 years for more than 50 different employers and haveing to look for work more than 100 times(no shit, ask a construction worker)

I met my beautiful wife when I was 40 She already had 3 beautiful teenage daughters.
I didnt get to be a dad...But I am a Grandpa to 9! and I love it!

Thanks Ken, your good a dude yourself bro we all did some dabbling in the past me included but maryjane is my fav girl! u sure deserve that pension Ken!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thank you Aligee and Thanks to all the farmers here!!
This plant has been very good for me too!
Life changing!!!:happy:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I once tried fostering. They will not allow children to live in the conditions that I live under (no running water was their main reason for refusal)
Dave tried to get us involved in CASA. Problem? We're cannabis advocates and I'm a MMJ user and grower. No dice!

My 2nd husband is/was union carpenter (local out of Santa Monica, 1506 IIRC), but I don't think he'll see much in the way of pension through the brotherhood.

I met Dave just before age 40, I hope to have plenty of years left with him. :) Only one grandbaby, but she is an absolute delight (and wears me OUT).

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter

Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I had my daughter when I was 35, she will be turning 24 soon, I will be 59 (both birthdays in May). What is so funny is that she is sooooooo straight, while I'm still 20 in my head! She would like to work at the UN while I'm just happy to rock out to my music. It's a great accomplishment for me that she is kind and loving and ready to take the world on. And......although her father and I have not been together since she was 2, we both made a vow to never (we mostly succeeded) bring our crap into her life, he was an awesome father and I'll be going to his 60th birthday party soon.

Kolah: Do you have running water yet? That might be an incentive for a soulmate to appear:p
Kolah has running water jo,it runs down a creek right down the road a bit,lol.Maybe you should pay him a visit;).

K

kolah

Yes FH, it runs! lol.

Hey Ken, thanks for sharing that..I never knew you too were a survivor. Good on you!

K

kolah

I had my daughter when I was 35, she will be turning 24 soon, I will be 59 (both birthdays in May). What is so funny is that she is sooooooo straight, while I'm still 20 in my head! She would like to work at the UN while I'm just happy to rock out to my music. It's a great accomplishment for me that she is kind and loving and ready to take the world on. And......although her father and I have not been together since she was 2, we both made a vow to never (we mostly succeeded) bring our crap into her life, he was an awesome father and I'll be going to his 60th birthday party soon.

Kolah: Do you have running water yet? That might be an incentive for a soulmate to appear:p

Soulmate? I guess running water would help, yes, lol. But I want a woman who likes me for who I am and how I live..yet the same goes for her as well. I do not want her to have to change in order to please me nor do I want to have to change to please her. I do not want to "mold" anyone to suit my tastes and vice versa. I mean sure, some little changes are cool but it's my belief that true love and soul-mate status should be fairly easy for both people. No one should have to make large sacrifices because IMO that never works well as it seems it always makes for a lop-sided relationship....and eventually things crash and burn with people getting hurt.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

My daughter by far is the best thing to ever happen to me, she is beautiful and making me really enjoy life differently than ever before. I have and probably never will accomplish anything so life rewarding as I get from her little smile.

This last year has been quite an accomplishment as well: for some reason I am skateboarding better now than I ever have, including in my 20's, I seriously have a big accomplished goal completed every day because of it. Staying avid on my board for over 21 years is one hell of an accomplishment too.

I also had a dispensary operating literally next door (we shared a wall) with the drug task force!!!!! Had it for about a year and the same people I was operating next to had attempted and failed to put me in the slammer a year prior! Thats my biggest "fuck you" accomplishment!

putembk

putembk

Stability, got me where I am today. Married my best friend, business partner and soul mate in the early 70's and was somehow able to keep my last job for 25 years. Now looking forward to the coming years enjoying the things we have built together.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Soulmate? I guess running water would help, yes, lol. But I want a woman who likes me for who I am and how I live..yet the same goes for her as well. I do not want her to have to change in order to please me nor do I want to have to change to please her. I do not want to "mold" anyone to suit my tastes and vice versa. I mean sure, some little changes are cool but it's my belief that true love and soul-mate status should be fairly easy for both people. No one should have to make large sacrifices because IMO that never works well as it seems it always makes for a lop-sided relationship....and eventually things crash and burn with people getting hurt.
I disagree, and I think people who believe this are setting themselves up for loneliness. A relationship takes work, and if you're not willing to work for it, then maybe it's not the relationship for you, it's not the person for you.

To me, it's when you're both willing to work just as hard for each other, when you're able to work past the things that one or the other might prefer to change, that a really solid relationship can be built. We must be able to acknowledge, without accusation or blame, while owning ourselves, and sometimes that still takes really hard work. But, once that work is done, oh my goodness..! Both must be willing to make the same sacrifices, to the same degree, and both will make sacrifices. If there is no sacrifice, what's been earned, really? A buddy at best. I mean, fuck, I am often conflicted with myself! How is my partner not going to experience some conflicts?

I speak from some extensive experience in this area. ;)

Ha Ha.....Fish and Ken, getting kinda cheeky:p
I think something is afoot. ;)

I met my husband online.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I disagree, and I think people who believe this are setting themselves up for loneliness. A relationship takes work, and if you're not willing to work for it, then maybe it's not the relationship for you, it's not the person for you.

To me, it's when you're both willing to work just as hard for each other, when you're able to work past the things that one or the other might prefer to change, that a really solid relationship can be built. We must be able to acknowledge, without accusation or blame, while owning ourselves, and sometimes that still takes really hard work. But, once that work is done, oh my goodness..! Both must be willing to make the same sacrifices, to the same degree, and both will make sacrifices. If there is no sacrifice, what's been earned, really? A buddy at best. I mean, fuck, I am often conflicted with myself! How is my partner not going to experience some conflicts?

I speak from some extensive experience in this area. ;)

I think something is afoot. ;)

I met my husband online.

My wife said the same thing you said right there Sea! :)

And...I met My wife on Ebay!! :woot: ..in the ebay cafe! :D

could happen on the farm some day too..;)

GI JO

GI JO

So true, but for some there's that little ditty from Arrowsmith.....Dream on, Dream on, Dream on, Dream until your dreams come true, true, true, true;)

GI JO

GI JO

So, back to reality. The ball joint in my car just fell apart yesterday when I was backing into my driveway, good thing it didn't happen when I was going any faster. So, had to cancel a shift today, getting it towed to my friends place, hopefully I have a vehicle later to go for turkey dinner.

Todays accomplishment.......movin on to another day!

Top Bottom