YOUR BIGGEST NIGHTMARE DURING A GROW....

• Thread starter iLoveCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iLoveCannabis

Let's hear some stories about failures or near-failed crops that were just a pure NIGHTMARE!! Spider mites? Police raid? Power-failure? Theft? Hermes? Parents find a crop and throw it all in the trash while you were at school back in the day?

Let's hear'em......

I only had 1 grow so far and battled spider-mites.... Those little f*ckers are brutal

Ponky

Ponky

Laying down under the window while cops and dogs showed up to sniff out the place. And covering myself in laundry to blend in. They didn't come in. Back then would have caught 2 to 4 years. Lucked out.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The first decade I grew, we planted in the same spot. If "the patch" was found, the only possible culprits would be myself and/or my brother, who, of course, were the culprits.

I had real nightmares, regularly, about it being found by the law. The nightmares were more frequent as harvest time approached. I'm glad that shit is over.

TSD

TSD

Last year I had a couple different nightmares, but I grow outdoor so that's to be expected. Aphids are my least favorite pest to try and eradicate, spider mites are a close second but thankfully I haven't had an infestation of them in some years. I also hate Japanese beetles, but they're easily controlled with traps set out in early spring. I usually catch thousands of juveniles before they even turn colorful and start to mate.
It was my own negligence last year, you have to be proactive and I wasn't as on top of shit as I needed to be, and the fact that I had trees made it harder. Also battled pm and botrytis, but that's to be expected in these parts... This year I did a scrog and went on the offensive, that paired with better weather than the previous year led to a much more successful final outcome than last year... all pests were kept in check and I had almost no rot or mildew in the garden and very minimal at my second less babied location.
Back in the day I had someone yank about 10 swamp monsters in flower... dug up the root ball to finish them so it was no common ripper... no one I knew knew of them to my knowledge, so that's a 20 year old unsolved mystery. Douchebags fucked my whole year of stonering... but that's how I learned not to put all my eggs in one basket. The story gets better... had good friends and one loaned me a sodium halide light and ballast so we could grow something inside sinceit was late summer and we had squat... well my ex was psycho and decided to call the troopers and say he was gonna off himself after a bender... so that led to 10 cop cars and a raid of all my friend's equipment, plus the death of my swamp monster mama. What a shit year. Took a break after that one, got married to someone that couldn't be affiliated with growing and only have been back into it for about 6 years now that circumstances have changed... I still have the husband, but he's no longer law enforcement and weed is legal-ish lol.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Fire, rippers, or cops kicking down the door would be nightmarish.
Bugs I put in the disappointing PITA but usually preventable category.
Mold is just a hard kick to the groin, a lot of work for nothing in the end. Makes me sad more than anything then fills me with resolve to make sure it doesn't happen again

steamroller

steamroller

Got caught leaving a site in a private sanctuary with the third pick from the crop early October 25+ years ago.
Troopers were at the entrance looking for whoever was shooting in a non shooting area. My partner and I also heard the gun shots.
Hunters were the whole reason we chose the sanctuary?
Had 5 lbs wet in back of truck. I had 4 other sites in different counties. They never searched my house..
After 186 days I truly understand that I and society do not agree, and I don't win.
Took a break from growing after that until last year. Paid way too much to smoke quality through the decades.
They say it is legal here now, but they can go screw for all I care.
I have more fear for spider mites in flower than them showing up at my house now..

Even with bad history [ no made up dream] one of my favorite comments on this site is from ^^^ @TSD ^^^
I consider laws to be suggestions... I believe that is how she said it. 👍
My dreams today are of me and friends never being without.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Let's hear some stories about failures or near-failed crops that were just a pure NIGHTMARE!! Spider mites? Police raid? Power-failure? Theft? Hermes? Parents find a crop and throw it all in the trash while you were at school back in the day?

Let's hear'em......

I only had 1 grow so far and battled spider-mites.... Those little f*ckers are brutal
Spider mites mold and someone breaking in and stealing my stash, plants lights and everything. I'm so paranoid about night time B&E into my grow I've 2 padlocked doors and if they get past those a loud movement alarm when the last door opens, If that fker goes off in the middle of the night there'll be a naked old fat guy with baseball bat in hand losing it out the front door and they'll hear me coming, I'm not light on my feet any more but I can move when I want to

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

Back in the day I used to worry about my trimmers talking out of line, dropping details about my grow to people who might consider doing harm. I'm glad those days are in the past.

My only worries now are me forgetting to make my daily change on exhaust from humidity to temperature. Even though it's a daily thing, and I have an alarm set on my phone to remind me, you would be surprised at how many times my girl and I have sat down and ordered dinner at a restaurant and my alarm goes off meaning either I have to run home real quick and come back or we have to tell our waiter we need our meal to-go.

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

Power outage for extended period is my personal demon. So far I have been lucky.
We had one of those big named storms hit us pretty hard this year. We live across the street from a medical facility and I guess just our street is tied to the same grid but our lights stayed on. The rest of our neighborhood, hundreds of homes, were without power for over a week. In that scenario my grow would have been the least of my concerns. That kind of thing really makes you think about alternative sources for power.

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

Even with bad history [ no made up dream] one of my favorite comments on this site is from ^^^ @TSD ^^^
I consider laws to be suggestions... I believe that is how she said it. 👍
Yeah as long as you're not hurting anyone, I'm not a TOTAL anarchist lol. But yeah, laws designed to control and marginalize don't count in my book. Laws against plants shouldn't be a thing when alcohol and pharmaceuticals ruin millions of lives and are totally legal.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Back in June of last year we sold our house in Jersey. Moved out to Illinois because my wife and I both had friends move this way recently. Aug my son got in trouble, and the police showed up with a warrant to my house. They chopped down 70+ plants. I had just started to harvest some, but they were all different phases. They wrote me a citation and gave me a court date. I never saw cuffs or a the back of their car. Court came up and they didnt have my name on the docate. Lawyer was there saying sit tight, Judge came out and read off the “no charges list” which i never heard of. But my name was first on that list and i was free to go! I don’t know exactly why, but I was Lucky! Ive had freinds do yrs because of ten plants. Now i grow my legal five and count my blessings!

TSD

TSD

@JerzeyMike I got lucky back in the day too, as mentioned in my above story. I obviously got taken in after that, since they found the mother, about 20 clones, the equipment and whatever weed we had, which was a couple ounces and a stupid 2 ounce resin ball that we were saving for no other reason than to see how big we could get it. I was crying in the lady cop's car (I was young, like 19) saying how I was just in the paper for Dean's list in college and now I was going to be in for growing and it was gonna ruin my life (dramatic I know lol) well she must have taken pity on me or my situation (crazy ass older bf) because I never got a court date, or charge, or spot in the paper... despite the fact that it was my property. There's cops out there that actually take the situation into account, so thanks lady trooper. I obviously didn't learn my lesson about doing illegal shit lol. I just wanna smoke weed and be left alone man lol.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Let's hear'em......

Had a few more than one would want to be honest. They have been very much in the my own fault with the drying for too long and the not really getting the attention they will be needing lol but the worst was the power cut and they had seedling and the best possible way round it was they were culled on the minute I found a seed in one of the four and the rest were pretty low in the seeds but the one with the first seed was ridden in them so I was lucky enough with the others on the whole I've had a good run with my gardening but I have been learning a lot of the stuff I was doing and it was from a few seasoned guys who were respected but they were told that and they had been doing it for a long time but some of the ways I think they are set in stone but it's hard to say what because they are all experimented on but they will be more likely to be in their best productivity in a optimal level of heat and the humidity will certainly be a concern over feeding and under feeding and the air exchange is very important to the best possible results anyone can grow it but growing it properly is a different process and it's a lot of work and you have to have a passion for the best possible results. That said you will have seen a lot of people who have been only a few grows under their belt and you can see that they are naturally very good with the plants or very lucky. Lol peace ✌️👌

Latest posts

Top Bottom