YOUR BIGGEST NIGHTMARE DURING A GROW....

• Thread starter iLoveCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

@Cypress66 some people have a green thumb, some people have the black thumb of death... but anyone can do it with practice and a humble attitude... it's hard to admit you suck at something lol. I know a decent amount and have a green thumb, but I still manage to fuck shit up... but I learn with every mistake and that's what matters.

TSD

TSD

Getting pollinated by local morons that don't know enough to cull males also sucks pretty hard, had that happen last year too on top of everything else. Luckily only one plant got heavily seeded.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yep mine are pretty much the same as the others, good stories..
well if i could remember everything i could write a book! haha, not really things about growing but about smuggling, dealing, manufacturing.. etc.., hashish, lsd, mushrooms.. were the top 3..
one story was while travelling through europe with a few friends in a vw camper, we get to the switzerland border, me driving pull up to window first thing guard says to me “you high, you smoke today”, well that led to being totally searched and we had lots of weed and hash and i brought 50 hits of acid from canada, they even search inside some if our food, but i had everything in my yogurt drink.. they started to getting the dogs because my one friend was green and sick looking and they telling me he’s scared because we know you have something but i ended up talking our selves out of it and we were on our way and the last thing he said to me was “you don’t drive your high”!
than a few days later we hit italy border in a tunnel in a mountain and he used a dog and told me the dog is signalling for drugs but he couldn’t find them and let us go anyways after a while.. obviously lots of cool details but just trying to keep it short
geezus i have soooo many stories..

Frostie069

Frostie069

last grow, mid flower, at work for a few days, roots blocked drainage between NFT channels, water everywhere, pumps ran dry, plants no good!

another grow a few years ago outdoors, caterpillers!! would spend hours daily searching and removing. started to annoy me that much I had burning ceremonies. I had to harvest early because of them. Then after harvest, while im at work, police show up to the house, missus is pregnant, lets them in, have a tent pitched in the garage with nothing in it yet, as well as 3 80L tubs full of manicured wine bottle buds. fuck me!
IMG 2400
IMG 2381
IMG 2557
IMG 2556

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

My worst nightmare is having to kill someone that breaks into my grow 😂 it nearly happened a couple of weeks ago the dogs broke my roller door and all trying to get in funny thing is only my immediate family and 3 close friends actually know about it was very close to catching them running down the backyard with a cricket bat in me undies think that would scare most off just the sight of it😂 but have night vision motion activated camera now but like a good buddy said do I really want to know who it is yea bloody oath I do😂

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I've never had an issue that wasn't resolvable but I did have a friend that had terrible luck. He had found a perfect spot to grow. It was in a business park and his space was way in the back out of site from the street and with warehouses all around him. You wouldn't even know it was there unless you drove right up to it. Landlord never went by the place the whole time he was there since he would pay rent 2 weeks in advance.

He'd had the spot for years and was cranking out product without fear of being discovered. One night he gets woken up by a phone call from the landlord. Apparently a truck hit one of the walls of his space and you could see the field of green from the hole in the wall. When the cops arrived they saw what he was doing and called the landlord. I'm sure you can guess what happened next.

Hooked him up with my weed lawyer and, thankfully, he didn't have to do any time. I think he was more sad about losing the spot than possibly having to do time!!! 😄

Cypress66

Cypress66

@Cypress66 some people have a green thumb, some people have the black thumb of death... but anyone can do it with practice and a humble attitude... it's hard to admit you suck at something lol. I know a decent amount and have a green thumb, but I still manage to fuck shit up... but I learn with every mistake and that's what matters.
+1 true

Cypress66

Cypress66

My worst nightmare is having to kill someone that breaks into my grow 😂 it nearly happened a couple of weeks ago the dogs broke my roller door and all trying to get in funny thing is only my immediate family and 3 close friends actually know about it was very close to catching them running down the backyard with a cricket bat in me undies think that would scare most off just the sight of it😂 but have night vision motion activated camera now but like a good buddy said do I really want to know who it is yea bloody oath I do😂
And you would be so ready to kill worst than stealing money in my book lol

Cannagar

Cannagar

Laying down under the window while cops and dogs showed up to sniff out the place. And covering myself in laundry to blend in. They didn't come in. Back then would have caught 2 to 4 years. Lucked out.
I had the police bust my neighbors grow . I had just started my first grow next door and was paranoid for weeks that I should take it down after. When I heard them pull in I thought it was for me and that I was screwed.

Ponky

Ponky

I had the police bust my neighbors grow . I had just started my first grow next door and was paranoid for weeks that I should take it down after. When I heard them pull in I thought it was for me and that I was screwed.
Apparently from what I was told. They trained their dogs in that neighborhood. But only did like one bust a week. Because it was expensive. And there were hundreds of grows. So they just did it to intimidate people to quit. So it was a bunch of dogs. Cops on foot. No cars. So I though oh damn. But so many people were growing in that area. I was a small fish.

Cypress66

Cypress66

If they break in you have to shoot them. They're not gunna shoot themselves.
True that it is hard to get the police to believe you that you found the thief laying around outside your home and you think they shot themselves but that's what they will be told

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Had my whole basement (where my grow is located) flood from a water softener that stayed in recharge mode and overflowed my floor drain. Ended up 8” deep. Had to wade to my grow to kill the power expecting to be electrocuted at any moment. Plants in week 6 of flower. My grow was in an unfinished half of my basement separated by an interior door. ServPro was in and out of the other half for like a week with dehumidifiers and fans. I was waiting to either be found out or have all my shit mold, but was able to avoid both.

Cypress66

Cypress66

This strange mold that arrived 2 years ago and has made a few of my outdoor grow spots useless. I bet I lost 20 pounds of prime bud in the last 2 years.View attachment 1316269
I was going to be pressing the button to like but I don't think it's appropriate for the situation to be honest with you.. Sorry for the mould. That's a tough situation for anyone in the office to be accepting. I have had a couple of problems with the mould but it has not been that bad and I have caught it just in time to be honest. The mould has only been a bit on a few occasions and it's only a bit here and there is a proper c*** that is a overnight one for turning up and it's very quickly too spread I am afraid of getting it every time I have a garden now and I've been lucky enough with my time of having it.. So sorry for the prob I would have been crying and wouldn't want to talk to anyone . You have been a good guy to talk to people about it myself I think I would go to bed for a few weeks and cry but in the words of the late great Peter tosh you gotta pick yourself up. Dust myself off and start allover again lol peace and joy with your future gardening

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I’ve fought the spider mites. Live protection is best. Lady bugs can be caught in the backyard so I’ve always used them in combination with spray.

but this summer it was the voles and mices. Little f*Coker’s took down 1/3 of my backyard plants.
Luckily the low tech tinfoil solved that problem.

D03B97AD EE64 4F2D ACB0 85001CFBF344
2DE17D88 6C80 47A7 918C BF8A2636DB43
Top Bottom