Your help would be appreciated

• Thread starter BirdLaw86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Seems as though an hr before lights off, she was droopy at bracts but the tops were vertical aiming upright. Idk if its air temp or leaf temp related. Could high leaf temps cause the tops to try and hide or taco?

Quicksand

Quicksand

Seems as though an hr before lights off, she was droopy at bracts but the tops were vertical aiming upright. Idk if its air temp or leaf temp related. Could high leaf temps cause the tops to try and hide or taco?
Keep your light a little higher than you think it should be, and leave it at 100%. I’ve never used a dimmer on any light….your girls are mildly stressed, don’t freak out. Make sure they stay watered appropriately (no nutrients now) and they’ll be over their tantrums in a day or two…

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Its been 36 hrs of that shade cloth and she seems happy for the most part, today ill remove the shade cloth and see how she does. Everyones implying she can take more light so Ill see what happens.

Quicksand

Quicksand

Its been 36 hrs of that shade cloth and she seems happy for the most part, today ill remove the shade cloth and see how she does. Everyones implying she can take more light so Ill see what happens.
You literally can burn them until they are crispy, and they will come right back when conditions improve….no shade cloth needed! Just raise your lights while they acclimate for a few days. I suspect the Neem treatment didn’t make them happy campers either. You’re gonna be fine!

Ponky

Ponky

Yeah. He is right. You could let a deer chew 3/4 of the leaves off and leave it in the direct sweltering sun and all it would do it grow back more vigorously. A puny indoor grow lamp is nothing to it.
Screenshot 20211029 090336 Google
light is nothing to me. I was born under it. Molded by it. I did not know darkness until I was a man.

Madmax

Madmax

Id actually lower that light to say 20-23k for that size plant bro and see if you can fix up the amount of air coming in..i see your extraction fan at top with filter ..have you a flap open to the bottom of the tent..i see the clip fan up top ...is that there just to cool the light..

Anthem

Anthem

I gave all info above broski. 73° 55 to 58 rh.

The unhappiness was bc i burnt tf out of her with too strong of a neem pesticide mix and also did it like a dumbass with the lights on and I burnt tf out of them. Some of the signs you see are the burns and some are from the aphids but their being dealt with if not already dead
These Aphids where were they on the plant and what size and color where they?

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Ok so light is high as itll go in the tent. I removed shade cloth. Shes looking happy but lights just came on so well see in a few hrs.

As far as the aphids i noticed two very skinny brown bugs, 1 was on leaf on the top of a leaf which had a fan leaf practically laying on it, the 2nd was in the soil after a foliar spray. And yes i seen a gnat or two but not since adding the essential oils in the tent. Theres cotton balls duct taped to the fans to spread the smell, worked awesome

And i agree the neem didnt make her happy but i havent seen more bite marks on any leaves so ill take it. Caught the bugs before the infestation happened so its worth some burnt leaves.

And when you say fix up air flow, do ya mean more circulation? I can turn the 2 smaller fans on high and the bigger fan on medium. Seems as if the air flows pretty decent but if more is always better than Ill turn it up.
@Anthem @Madmax @Ponky @Quicksand

Also check the cover crop picture and lmk if its ok to have that many microgreens, a few more sprouted already.

Ps. Shes almost 2ft tall, when should i add the trellis?
@Moshmen @GNick55

Last edited:
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
So, just my opinion...

It was light. You needed to harden her. You are and she's responding.

The next issue, the droop. Water her.

You transplanted. You watered. The water went down. Gravity. The root ball it middle-ish. It is trying to send some roots to the bottom to take advantage of the drink, but its not there yet. So water her.

The roots will get a drink and continue their journey down to the bottom.

You are getting a lot of input, and who knows, they could be right. But... I think I'm right here, even though I'm not a name you want to hear from. I'd bet on it though.

Anthem

Anthem

So, just my opinion...

It was light. You needed to harden her. You are and she's responding.

The next issue, the droop. Water her.

You transplanted. You watered. The water went down. Gravity. The root ball it middle-ish. It is trying to send some roots to the bottom to take advantage of the drink, but its not there yet. So water her.

The roots will get a drink and continue their journey down to the bottom.

You are getting a lot of input, and who knows, they could be right. But... I think I'm right here, even though I'm not a name you want to hear from. I'd bet on it though.
I would be really surprised if this is the case

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
be careful with "more is better" on the air flow.

SmootherDays

SmootherDays

im curious what ppm are you feeding and what are you adding for N, I definitely wouldn't block the light if it were me

Last edited:
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Honestly on feeding Ive just done compost teas. Not exactly sure on ppm as i dont have a meter. She hasnt had a feeding since before her last transplant, the new soil added already had nutes in it, so being that the plant had compost teas prior to transplant and then the new soil was already charged up, i only fed regular water 2 times, once was two days after transplant, the 2nd watering was 3 days ago and was only about 40oz of water to moisten top soil for the couple cover crop seeds i planted.

From now on Ill be feeding jadam microbial inputs at 1ml per gallon and then Ill be using natures pride dry amendment for flower along with the jadam IMO inputs. And ending to harden buds Ill be using terpinator which is 0-0-4 potash at the last 2 weeks at 1ml per gallon

SmootherDays

SmootherDays

Honestly on feeding Ive just done compost teas. Not exactly sure on ppm as i dont have a meter. She hasnt had a feeding since before her last transplant, the new soil added already had nutes in it, so being that the plant had compost teas prior to transplant and then the new soil was already charged up, i only fed regular water 2 times, once was two days after transplant, the 2nd watering was 3 days ago and was only about 40oz of water to moisten top soil for the couple cover crop seeds i planted.
I've never fed compost before, I really don't think its a light issue at all, maybe the floor gets super cold when lights are off?

Top Bottom