• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
ROFL

Oh, it's far from that Cactusman. I feel that your knowledge is so valuable that I want to understand enough to bring you solid questions and be able to fully understand your answers. I've just learned enough to be dangerous so far and I'm not ready for your very advanced answers. I need about a week to fully understand the science. Not that it will take me more than a few days but I have lots of trimming still to do because I've lined up some new outlets and I'm very behind.

I only asked Echo because he gave me the preliminary info, your thread. Thank you for that PAR explaination.
its all good brother. Was just yankin you boyz chains. Toasted and havn fun...……… :D

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Grow Log 12/11/18 (tent)

They really have taken off since I turned down the CXB3590x2. Thanks @CrimsonEcho & @jumpincactus for your tutelage.
View attachment 846291 View attachment 846292

I'll post up better pics when it gets warmer today and I can open the tent. Hopefully I get some freshly opened pollen flowers too.
very nice man. Good little bounty right there.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 12/12/18

20181212 113630
20181212 113652
20181212 113724
20181212 113818
20181212 113946
20181212 150849
20181212 150631
20181212 151634
20181212 151546

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 12/12/18 #2

I was having trouble uploading pics yesterday so I didn't get these posted. It appears that the Idunnoes is still growing. I checked some of the bracts burried in her colas and saw that the bud tips can still get a bit bigger. If she starts to fail I'll just cut her down.
20181212 150549
20181212 150544
20181212 150453
20181212 150533
20181212 150401

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@Farmer P , is the "DIY Recycled..." your only Grow Diary or am I missing some of your grows?

Farmer P

Farmer P

@Farmer P , is the "DIY Recycled..." your only Grow Diary or am I missing some of your grows?
Yeah, that's all I do is the small legal grow. I wish I could do more lol. I'd like to pheno hunt through hundreds of seeds but I couldn't take the stress of the legal issues. Maybe some day.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah, that's all I do is the small legal grow. I wish I could do more lol. I'd like to pheno hunt through hundreds of seeds but I couldn't take the stress of the legal issues. Maybe some day.

No, I didn't mean "other" grows. I meant in that room and you'd moved on from your first diary. I just don't want to miss out.

Farmer P

Farmer P

No, I didn't mean "other" grows. I meant in that room and you'd moved on from your first diary. I just don't want to miss out.

I look under the Forums column then watched threads and I think it works well. If I just rely on alerts I seem to miss things.
I'm thinking once I find my elite cut I'll run more plants. Right now I have to keep copies just in case I come across the one I'm looking for. Once I have my fave I'll probably do 4 or five in flower, one mother, and one new seed every time just for some variety. I noticed last run that there is way too much open space in there with just 3 plants. I think I could have done 6 in there last run. I need at least four to fill the space better.
Your plants are looking good. The new ferts and the heater hooked them up. You gonna keep the tent going until spring?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I look under the Forums column then watched threads and I think it works well. If I just rely on alerts I seem to miss things.
I'm thinking once I find my elite cut I'll run more plants. Right now I have to keep copies just in case I come across the one I'm looking for. Once I have my fave I'll probably do 4 or five in flower, one mother, and one new seed every time just for some variety. I noticed last run that there is way too much open space in there with just 3 plants. I think I could have done 6 in there last run. I need at least four to fill the space better.
Your plants are looking good. The new ferts and the heater hooked them up. You gonna keep the tent going until spring?

Cool. I'm looking forward to it. I've paid close attention to how you built your room and will probably emulate some of your ideas as I get my own set up. You've got really good ideas.

Thanks. The microbes and heat did well. I think what I recently learned about lighting will have my next tent grow dialed (still need more experience training the plants though).

I'm not going to do another tent grow until I at least have my trailer running on solar. That will probably be soon. Preferably, the tent itself will be powered by solar too. My cousins power bill increased due to all the battery charging I had to do while running my trailer's forced air furnace. Even with his 10kw of house solar. But his system is inefficient and doesn't store power. Without PG&E buying back the power anymore it's almost pointless to have a system without storage batteries. I can't afford to keep paying for the extra power consumption. I'm glad I'm very close to having my own generator. The Paradise fire and ensuing suits are going to cause dramatic rate hikes. My truck insurance already went up 20% from last year's fires.

Last edited:
Farmer P

Farmer P

What if you took the tent frame and wrapped it in seran wrap and put it in a sunny location.. Then it would be a little 12 hour from seed greenhouse in winter. No door needed, just lift the whole thing off to get to the plants. Or just grow some small outdoors in pots and bring them in at night if it is going to freeze?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

What if you took the tent frame and wrapped it in seran wrap and put it in a sunny location.. Then it would be a little 12 hour from seed greenhouse in winter. No door needed, just lift the whole thing off to get to the plants. Or just grow some small outdoors in pots and bring them in at night if it is going to freeze?

Where I live it's going to be too cold outside even if they're brought in at night. I don't have room enough in my trailer right now to have any indoor plants but I'm working on it. If I turn my bedroom into a media/meditation room like I'm planning then I'll have room in there for short plants. It's only about 4' at it's highest spot. I want to use those heavy floor pillows and low profile tables. Gonna be pretty cool when I have it set up.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 12/15/18 #1 (tent)

Taking some cold early morning shots so I just stuck my phone inside the tent and took the pics. Will take the regular pics and pollen flower shots later.

The Chocolate Nepal has slowed a great deal since I basted it with pollen from BIC#4.
20181215 063721

Banana Ice Cream #4 is stacking beautifully. I love the surfer hair looking stigma.
20181215 063733

Banana Ice Cream #5, this was truly a dark horse. Didn't look like much until a few days ago. Now she's stacking like mad and frosting up just as quickly. She looks very similar to BIC#3. #3 produced excellent rosin extractions. Hopefully her pollen flowers are finally opening. Most were confused and either flipped back fem or died off. There are a few healthy ones still.
20181215 063741

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I was bored. So I meandered around town until I found myself pulling in to the ol favorite smoke shop. Bought a hash pipe.
20181215 151205

Got baked christening the hash pipe in the the Kmart parking lot, then bought out all their "50% off" multi-colored battery Christmas lights. Then went meandering around twinkling. I was lit.

Top Bottom