Growing Some Monsters (outdoor Scrog)

• Thread starter Greatlakes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Player0685

Sorry I meant to reply to the pH question awhile ago.
I did check once for the heck of it but usually do not have to check ph. When going organic and using manure (especially when loaded with worms) you should always have a pretty neutral soil ph. Manure works as a buffer. I do not ever add castings myself but that is because it's made fresh daily in my soil already :)
Yeah next season I'm most likely going to try using manure I have a friend with dump truck and manure is in no short supply around this place lol I think about the cost of pro mix organic and then think about dump truck loads of manure for almost free and possibly for free with asking around around little bit. Thanks for the info for sure! Looking superb btw

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Yeah next season I'm most likely going to try using manure I have a friend with dump truck and manure is in no short supply around this place lol I think about the cost of pro mix organic and then think about dump truck loads of manure for almost free and possibly for free with asking around around little bit. Thanks for the info for sure! Looking superb btw
You will be glad that you did. The cost is just a bonus....but the growth rate will have you wondering why you didn't use it before. Best part is you can keep using it every yr .. you will have to amend but the soil itself just gets better.

123grow

I am really truly sorry to hear this, and I hope you and yours are safe and there is no damage. Even tho I was born here and live here now...Most of my family is from that area... (thank GOD MY sister moved here 3 yrs ago and has missed the last few fires)
I pray for rain for you folks and hopefully mother nature will take care of your babies.
:)
Hi.. Thank you for the kind words, its been 12 days so far and I'm going insane. I want to go home!!! Lol Julie

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

In my neck of the woods we start
20180808 092635
flowering later then the southern states do. In all fairness tho...who doesn't like a couple more weeks of veg lol

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

In my neck of the woods we startView attachment 821666 flowering later then the southern states do. In all fairness tho...who doesn't like a couple more weeks of veg lol

It has its advantages. My father in law has taught me a way similar to yours. Of course he is almost 70, so his patch has been producing some fire. I would like to help him amend it at the end of this year and get him set for next year.
One of his ladies is so large its unreal. No joke, 10 ft. Only thing for the larger plants is the wind. Once they reach above the surrounding veg, they break off.
I'm wondering if there is an organic, dry silicate I could use instead of making a mixture using the liquid?

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

It has its advantages. My father in law has taught me a way similar to yours. Of course he is almost 70, so his patch has been producing some fire. I would like to help him amend it at the end of this year and get him set for next year.
One of his ladies is so large its unreal. No joke, 10 ft. Only thing for the larger plants is the wind. Once they reach above the surrounding veg, they break off.
I'm wondering if there is an organic, dry silicate I could use instead of making a mixture using the liquid?
There are many organic forms of silica...
Green sand, d.e. ...etc etc. However in that form it takes a while to break down and become usable to the plant fast. This is why I use the liquid.
Calcium plays a huge roll in strengthening stems and leaves as well.

However when it comes to big trees and wind there is really only 1 option and that is SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT!
I have mine literally supported in 3 places
1...The sprog net
2 ..The "cage" I have around each plant
3 ..There is actually support on the inside as well that you can not see.

Doesn't matter how strong your plant is...A good wind storm will always win if you do not take precautions.

P

Player0685

In my neck of the woods we startView attachment 821666 flowering later then the southern states do. In all fairness tho...who doesn't like a couple more weeks of veg lol
Omg...only a couple more weeks til I will start seeing them stack. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! LolView attachment 822008
So great to watch :) couldn't look better! I've already set the wheel in motion to put a few of ur practices into my spring routine next year

Top Bottom