Lets Do Some Cannabis Grafting

• Thread starter BombBP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I get some readers mad at my post. I dont instruct here. I dump enough info for you to be confused and bewildered. I do that in the classroom also, I create scientist not spoon food college kids. That makes ppl mad. Google can be their mentor, its not mine. ppl like @EventHorizan get frustrated with my lack of clarity and guidance, well thats for the classroom students, not farmer threads. This next comment will be a good example;

BompBP as far as this thread's science goes, Bomb is correct in that would be an unlikely graft HOWEVER,
1.) One of my mentors presented slides of very unusual grafts that I'd never expected.
2.) Nature , God is the best botanist, aquatic plants graft to many organisms in natural environments. Microorganism are grafting in our bodies as we type, in test tubes, etc... Ebola is a very good example of a grafting organism and mutates, oops getting to deep again..
3.) For the science of this thread it is poss to to get soft tissue plant like cannabis to graft to an Oak tree but see the next paragraph.

The new grafting kits on the market are not like mine at all. Peep who help me develop my Graft Kits showed me a tree (cant name the species) that had numerous cannabis strains grafted to it , He thought. I noticed that the cannabis was thriving and the tree was pale. I examined the graft and it was just to solid, i pondered wtf...
I asked what kit inoculations and in what doses he had used , Obviously he was not following the kit instructions. I had a good idea what was going on at that point. It took a hard debate but we cut a branch, Yup - cannabis roots running all the way down the branch and into the meristem. this was not a graft the tree was host to a cannabis invader. He is trying to perfect this process to put on the market, my debate with him is his work will sell as a novelty, but he's determined to make a Industrial cannabis gene pool warehouse tree. I tell him all his tree is a weak clone machine. He tells me; all my AutoCloner is a flood toy waiting to happen... lol

But for the sake of clarity, Hardwood is not a good candidate for soft plant/hardwood graft success.
What do you teach? I teach 6/7/8 grade math, science and ela

BombBP

BombBP

My apologies. I didn't mean to derail the thread BombBp. .. I know you guys put a lot of effort into this and I had no intention of causing a disruption....

I actually have read this and continue to follow the progress of the thread, is hard as that may be to beleive to some...
I read a lot of threads and just lurk in the shadows learning...
I've read some of lino threads. I know he has intelligence. That's why I read his threads...
Me being someone who has tried to teach myself visual c +, c basic, and learned dos when I was 14 in late 80's so I'm really interested in his ability to write code... And he didn't think I do my homework or pay attention.....
Anyway...
It's all good! I've been around the forums for a while...it happens.

I'm the same way. I look through a lot of threads but I'm a man of few words so I don't comment much. I like lots of stuff though:).

I just hope this thread helps someone. It's really easy and out of 5 tries I've failed once so far.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's all good! I've been around the forums for a while...it happens.

I'm the same way. I look through a lot of threads but I'm a man of few words so I don't comment much. I like lots of stuff though:).

I just hope this thread helps someone. It's really easy and out of 5 tries I've failed once so far.
All threads help so nothing is a waste. I read what interest me and gather knowledge.
I follow along on his linotron waiting to see how that turns out... not much into grafting but I took the time to read it anyway..

xenon730

xenon730

I get some readers mad at my post. I dont instruct here. I dump enough info for you to be confused and bewildered. I do that in the classroom also, I create scientist not spoon food college kids. That makes ppl mad. Google can be their mentor, its not mine. ppl like @EventHorizan get frustrated with my lack of clarity and guidance, well thats for the classroom students, not farmer threads. This next comment will be a good example;

BompBP as far as this thread's science goes, Bomb is correct in that would be an unlikely graft HOWEVER,
1.) One of my mentors presented slides of very unusual grafts that I'd never expected.
2.) Nature , God is the best botanist, aquatic plants graft to many organisms in natural environments. Microorganism are grafting in our bodies as we type, in test tubes, etc... Ebola is a very good example of a grafting organism and mutates, oops getting to deep again..
3.) For the science of this thread it is poss to to get soft tissue plant like cannabis to graft to an Oak tree but see the next paragraph.

The new grafting kits on the market are not like mine at all. Peep who help me develop my Graft Kits showed me a tree (cant name the species) that had numerous cannabis strains grafted to it , He thought. I noticed that the cannabis was thriving and the tree was pale. I examined the graft and it was just to solid, i pondered wtf...
I asked what kit inoculations and in what doses he had used , Obviously he was not following the kit instructions. I had a good idea what was going on at that point. It took a hard debate but we cut a branch, Yup - cannabis roots running all the way down the branch and into the meristem. this was not a graft the tree was host to a cannabis invader. He is trying to perfect this process to put on the market, my debate with him is his work will sell as a novelty, but he's determined to make a Industrial cannabis gene pool warehouse tree. I tell him all his tree is a weak clone machine. He tells me; all my AutoCloner is a flood toy waiting to happen... lol

But for the sake of clarity, Hardwood is not a good candidate for soft plant/hardwood graft success.

tell your friend this post inspired me to try his idea myself lol. although i will be using rooted cuttings to start instead of attempting to do that in another plant whether i choose hollow or not.

lino

lino

What do you teach? I teach 6/7/8 grade math, science and ela
I instruct online horticulture, Home skool 6th - thru Adult. I work with Allison Cert and others online certs to help them prepare for higher education. Well I'm feeling proud I might mention that I have apprentices on this site that have become Master Cannabis growers for dispenses. Another one of my disciples has a very nice grow on here and she is performing a very exotic animal breeding experiment that is not for pollen chuckers, her shit is is real and can kill the animals, She knows what she's getting into but she doesnt at the same time. We're going to put a hairless gene into an animal, we will accidentally kill some babies, very hard to deal with this morbid breeding, the mother could die and she doesnt know it yet but I'll have an emergency Vet handy when the time comes. Our punnett charts will have to be precise as possible.

Okay guys my mentor who help us re-create the extinct original American Yellow Bison from a bone pulled off another amazing graft just a cpl days ago. This is my luv as you guys know, Yup -he pulled off a inter-species animal graft BUT this one is a HUMAN and Pig graft.
The human cells survived the injection graft and formed a human/pig hybrid embryo which was then graft implanted into a sow and allowed to develop for between three and four week so that scientists could check they were growing normally.
My Ethics tutorial was removed but I told you these issue would arise, Face it ppl. My Ethic Primer was spot on!

There have been ethical concerns about human cells may start to form neurons, potentially sparking human consciousness in the animal’s brain.

Double Graft
DblGraftPig

Master Graft
DblGraft   Copy

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I instruct online horticulture, Home skool 6th - thru Adult. I work with Allison Cert and others online certs to help them prepare for higher education. Well I'm feeling proud I might mention that I have apprentices on this site that have become Master Cannabis growers for dispenses. Another one of my disciples has a very nice grow on here and she is performing a very exotic animal breeding experiment that is not for pollen chuckers, her shit is is real and can kill the animals, She knows what she's getting into but she doesnt at the same time. We're going to put a hairless gene into an animal, we will accidentally kill some babies, very hard to deal with this morbid breeding, the mother could die and she doesnt know it yet but I'll have an emergency Vet handy when the time comes. Our punnett charts will have to be precise as possible.

Okay guys my mentor who help us re-create the extinct original American Yellow Bison from a bone pulled off another amazing graft just a cpl days ago. This is my luv as you guys know, Yup -he pulled off a inter-species animal graft BUT this one is a HUMAN and Pig graft.
The human cells survived the injection graft and formed a human/pig hybrid embryo which was then graft implanted into a sow and allowed to develop for between three and four week so that scientists could check they were growing normally.
My Ethics tutorial was removed but I told you these issue would arise, Face it ppl. My Ethic Primer was spot on!

There have been ethical concerns about human cells may start to form neurons, potentially sparking human consciousness in the animal’s brain.

Double Graft
View attachment 666081
Master Graft
View attachment 666083

A friend of mine posted about this the other day. THIS is how we wind up with ORCS!!!! :-O

On the hairless animal breeding. What animal are we talking about? There are lots of examples of species that have the gene for keratin production shut off. I learned a little bit about the subject a few years ago as my ex and I owned the three different types of Chinese Crested's.

BombBP

BombBP

Very nice work! I am curious if a fresh graft will work on a fresh graft? I am wondering if a daisy chain will work, or will the first graft have to take before it can be grafted to in series?
Youd probably be better off just using the root stock that the graft is on because while my grafts are "alive" they're very slow to start growing. If you want to graft to the graft i'd wait until the graft is growing vigorously.

Planter01

Planter01

The cool part about this thread is the complete uselessness of the topic. I have successfully grafted a scion of Northern lights onto Skunk #1 stock. It was a softwood graft and I was only successful in that the graft did take. The problem was that the parent root stock/plant overwhelmed the scion in a few weeks. This was done outdoors and the splice was both taped and waxed. It is a pretty useless endeavor but that doesn't matter at all. I dont know of any annual plants being grafted but then again I've never given it much thought until this bone and this thread...Is Marijuana ever a perenial? What might be useful would be being able to graft a scion from a slow growing low yielding but special variety onto the rootstock of a fast growing high yielding variety. Hmmm.

lino

lino

A friend of mine posted about this the other day. THIS is how we wind up with ORCS!!!! :-O

On the hairless animal breeding. What animal are we talking about? There are lots of examples of species that have the gene for keratin production shut off. I learned a little bit about the subject a few years ago as my ex and I owned the three different types of Chinese Crested's.
Yup C. Crested , a cannabis breeder here on the farm is taking here breeding skill to a new level and I feel the responsibility heavy rite now, Her dog "Crested" looks at me as if she has her trust in me to, I know-stupid but thats how I feel. I can use your help BIG TIME with Creasted breeding over on my thread "seed 2 seed" I'm finalizing a class (dumping notes) that glazes over this subject and it is identical for cannabis hermy breeding, peas, mustard, broccoli, and Crested as far as the aborted embryo's go and charts.
This information may be of interest if you:
(1) want to learn more about seed development in cannabis hermy breeding, peas, mustard, broccoli, and Crested's.;
(2) have found a knockout in your gene of interest through reverse genetics (self hermy breeding) but suspect it may be lethal because you have not identified a homozygote; - Laymen terms - dead babies, this is my obstacle in some hermy strains and my Chinese Crested breeding project.
(3) create punnett and breeding charts with seed dissection before other breeders have started propagation.

Anyway, sorry to Bomb, I drink to much coffee and post too much, too long on ppl threads. he's trying to highlight his stellar grafts and here comes Lino. I wish I'd post shorter and less on other pll threads, sorry Bomb...
Mutants - presa canario x chinese crested - 120lb brindle blk and wht (not spots), full mohawk, With all pups having the Lino tattoo for a brand of authenticity. $20,000 pup rite there, anyway you guys can read about freak azz mutants and cool hermy breeding on "seed 2 seed" thread . ck out weird photos of some mutants .

lino

lino

The cool part about this thread is the complete uselessness of the topic. I have successfully grafted a scion of Northern lights onto Skunk #1 stock. It was a softwood graft and I was only successful in that the graft did take. The problem was that the parent root stock/plant overwhelmed the scion in a few weeks. This was done outdoors and the splice was both taped and waxed. It is a pretty useless endeavor but that doesn't matter at all. I dont know of any annual plants being grafted but then again I've never given it much thought until this bone and this thread...Is Marijuana ever a perenial? What might be useful would be being able to graft a scion from a slow growing low yielding but special variety onto the rootstock of a fast growing high yielding variety. Hmmm.

""Is Marijuana ever a perenial."""
there is talk of a new found strain but I have not verified this yet, ppl dont know yet but YES, cannabis has a cousin somewhere that is perennial plant. Also a big debate on weather cannabis can be a C3 or C4 plant.

""This thread is the complete uselessness of the topic""
Lower plant counts in legal states. - increase pathogen resistance and yields. - store genetics on mother plants in veg rm. There are 100's of reason to graft especially if using callus in many methods.

""The problem was that the parent root stock/plant overwhelmed the scion in a few weeks. ""
Sir, Your comment exemplifies your cannabis grafting experience (most ppl dont understand what you know & experienced). What happened to you happens to most cannabis grafts HOWEVER I showed photos of grafting techniques that overcome that problem in previous pics. I posted a pic a pencil size stem growing 2 large buds.
Yup, Grafts (will break) and will get lost in the plant w/o proper girdling or hormones or my unique grafting styles I revealed here.
I dont pass cannabis girdling techniques on threads HOWEVER my photo's revealed girdling locations and the untrained eye prob didnt see it in my grafting photo demos but there some other useful girdling stuff to the trained eye. My graft kits explain natural and induced Girdling Hormone control to control natural plant hormones or add chemicals from the kits if needed. If a peep was googleing my post he saw how to create Fem seed w/o chemicals thru girdling but I doubt that. This is how you eliminate your grafting problem sometimes, not all the time.

Last edited:
lino

lino

@Planter01 sometimes you cant get a graft to keep up in a graft and it will get lost in the canopy and not produce well.
Cloner

And what about grafting to world toughest plant that will get you high and is not a ruddy. So tough Eskimo can be ran over, stepped on, no water, bugs, mildew resistant, tougher than Colorado Thistle and other weeds. This is my toughest strain but I've never grafted to Eskimo. just thinking...
AlaskaRockBud1

BombBP

BombBP

It's all about your goals I guess. What were your goals when you attempted your graft. Grafts are usually done to strengthen the scion in some way(pest resistance, faster growth, etc.). In that case you don't want any of the host plant growing. The only thing that should be growing from the root stock is the scion.

What I'm doing is more of an ornamental graft. There are several uses for this(keep plant numbers down, lots of clones one root zone, flowering out 20 strains and only having 4-5 plants, etc.) but you have to keep in mind a lot of training will be involved to keep the root stocks' vegetation from taking over the scion vegetation.

If I just grafted a bunch of plants to my root stock and did no trimming or training then the root stocks vegetation will naturally take over. Just sounds like you didn't trim your root stock enough. When I'm done I'm not even sure if I'll have any material from the root stock growing. Just takes a lil trimming and patience:).

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well i told the fiance about this now she wants me to make a Frankenstein plant out of her favorite favorite flowers this spring. I should know by now when it comes to women keep your mouth shut or your getting put to work haha. Atleast this will be a fun spring project! Thank you for the inspirations from this thread guys its a really cool idea!
LOL....... you invoked the dreaded HoneyDew request. When will we ever learn........... I do it all the time!!!!!

BombBP

BombBP

Update on the wedge graft. Looks like it healed just fine. I'll try a chip graft next and see how that goes. So far, this is an easy and reliable tech to keep numbers down while still having lots of genetics to choose from. I like it uh lawt!

2017 02 12 184942
2017 02 12 185100
2017 02 12 185251
Top Bottom