MMJ jobs??

• Thread starter Lunchbox627
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

For bigger grows I think I'd go co-op with a few peeps or rent a monster machine.

I can hand trim for about 3 hours straight, take a half hour lunch break and then hit it up for another 3..then I am fried.

iCultivate

iCultivate

That'd one thing you can count on...tides of change

Yeah, but change for the better or change for the worse? You guys in the States seem to be moving in the right direction, albeit with bumps and hurdles along the way, but that's to be expected. Here in Australia everything is getting worse, far worse. We have the worst possible government and PM in power and he and his minions are deadset on fucking this country as much as possible. You know one of the first things he did when he got into power? He removed the science minister from cabinet! How can a government have no science minister?? It's ludicrous. Anyway, I won't derail this thread any longer.

-- iCultivate --

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

ild trim for 12 bux am hour but that shit is rough . you wouldnt think so but it wears on you qiuck !!!!!!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Trimmin in the warehouses is a grind...3-4 hours strait, quick lunch and 3-4 more, every day, day in day out...40+ hours a week with scissors in hand is no joke but there are folks out there that do it with a smile on their face..women make better trimmers, steady eddie and reliable..usually over 30 years old..younger folks get tired quick and most younger trimmers are vampires and aren't worth a shit early in the day and it only gets worse as the day goes on

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

yeah I cantotally understand that . I would do it if te pay was there . i'ld damn near do anything if te pay was there lol . right now if I could make 50 grand a year I would be doing very well . sux the d round here with no good pay in sight .

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

100% i will trim for you there would be 3 of us moving...have to start somewhere, lol
Look at the pot magazines, find a service that does temps 'in the industry' and get a job there.

You can always try craigslist but I would never hire an employee from that site.

Hazefeen

Hazefeen

Get your badge first before you even start looking for a job in industry..without the badge your are not even going to get a first look by an employer or be considered for any job what so ever

Thanks already looking into it. Going to denver in a week or so to get printed and photographed and turn in application. I took a demanding job to get my family here and time is hard to come by

Skoosh

Skoosh

Hazefeen: I'm assuming you're aware the application fee is non refundable, and you've got your shit tight?
(Tax returns, yada yada etc...)
Texas Kid:
hemptemps site has an option to check for unbadged, I didn't pursue it be it (because I'm not applying) but it led me to believe Hemp Temps (L.L.C.) would endevour to assist in the (support) badging process.
(Disclaimer: I know shit about the process, I just have a billion mj related bookmarks in relation to Colorado.)

Ha! as proof I know shit about the process, when I just went un checked 'unbadged' the pop up said 'Come back when you get your badge') So Texas Kid's suggestion is quite a bit more than a suggestion.
You sound like you're on it.
As someone who (in a different state) produced massive amounts of raw material needing timely processing, I will concur with TK's assessment of trimmers in general, and ESPECIALLY this kind of '9-5' industry that marijuana is quickly becoming.
Women BY FAR make the best trimmers, and over 30, all the better. (I'm 52, so I'd rather look at a thirty something than a 20 something.
Trimming is fun when it's one or two of your own personal little 600w grow.
It's absolute mind numbing repetitive, grueling piece work. (you WILL be judged daily as a trimmer on your ability to do piece work at whatever tempo your employer deems base level acceptable.)
Lastly,
Yes, kids are for SHIT for the most part.
Although, I have run across a couple keepers over the years, they show up late, still tripping from the night before, and complain within 10 minutes about sore shoulders, cramping hand tendons, etc.
+1,000! TK

Sk
;-)_~~

Hazefeen

Hazefeen

lol skoosh,

Yeah I have my ducks in a row. Plan on going to college for horticulture or a related field. We didn't move here expecting all these opportunites to be handed to us. with much work and time we hope to reach our goals. Hopefully in a 4 year timeframe. Just a dream of ours we deemed worthy of pursuing.

Cheers! :)

Hazefeen

Hazefeen

Anyone have any suggestions for a good online horticulture course? need to keep working and support my family while I go back to school. May be a little rusty been a long time since I went to school.

summitoker

summitoker

At the old warehouse i saw dozens of trimmers come thru the doors. Lots of people who had just moved to colorado and were super excited to work in mmj. It is tedious nonstop work, not sitting around taking dabs, bullshitting and trimming at whatever pace you like. Our best trimmers were the ones who grew for themselves because they usually understood what a good trim job looks like. The novelty usually wears off when they see the first pathetic paycheck, 10$ a hour doesnt accumulate to much. Than you realize how much work you did, and how much herb you trimmed, not worth it. The guy that owned the warehouse/grow was a real jerkoff, so it is very possible to find a better situation but from everyone i have spoke with trimmers usually get the shaft regardless of who they work for. Texaskid is right, the trimmers that can take it are a special breed.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
i hope they dont do that badge bs in cali when Rec becomes legal

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I bet private security company's are doing well in Co.

Do those shops hire company's for that? Or do they hire their own security?

My brother is a PI with a CCP and worked in a mmj club for a while.
He got tired of being raided..and having growers coming in wanting their money!
and the flaky owner..
it was a mess so he got out that and said "no more"....I was bummed that didnt work out.

Are there a lot of flakes in the Co. Canna Bizz? Or Is it just Cali dispensary owners?

Top Bottom