Outdoor Farmers When Ya Hacking And What Ya Hacking???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xavier7995

xavier7995

Have you looked much at the "static tek" to further clean the sift up once it dries out? Have not tried it, but it looks reasonably easy as a method to get an even purer end product. Not sure if it would be worth it, but most of what I have seen has been people using fresh and frozen to make a dry sift, then using static to pull the trich stalks out of the pile. However, the brown sugar consistency you mention sounds like what they are trying to wind up with so....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
First get all confused on mushrooms then get some CROCKPOT MEAT!!!!

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Have you looked much at the "static tek" to further clean the sift up once it dries out? Have not tried it, but it looks reasonably easy as a method to get an even purer end product. Not sure if it would be worth it, but most of what I have seen has been people using fresh and frozen to make a dry sift, then using static to pull the trich stalks out of the pile. However, the brown sugar consistency you mention sounds like what they are trying to wind up with so....
It's just like most other flower that has been around awhile, it starts to lose it's bright green color. The live sift is the same way, but I have a container that I keep closed and it's still pungent after 9 months.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I'm in need of a nice popcorn suprise, better get the extra butter in the bucket.

I've only been dry trimming, so no frozen live resin here. It is tasty shit though. I think I have a hashman lined up, different dude than last year...I got ripped off last year and kind of hesitant making deals with guys who run off with all my trim/popcorn. 1st its we'll split the oil 50/50, takes trim, them a week later no response. 1 month later, "sorry dude, its been so long, I have your oil let's met up". We meet up, then he says it has to be split 3 ways, but doesn't even bring the oil with him but gives me some old shitty weed instead and says just wait a little longer. Last time I called that dude back, not even worth my time working with dipshits like that, best to just move on and make better choices next time. So, may just do bubble for my personal stashes and then see how the dry ice sift works out for some extra or when I get sick and tired of bubble bags and running to the store for more ice.

Chickenman, glad you got some nice help out there on the west side of the hill and passing down the knowledge.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Trimmed and jarred. Both seem to make me lazy, might not get much done this year, lol.
Dr. Bubbles:

Doobiebird daydream:

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Next time at the movies when on a date or with wife, try the popcorn surprise. Hole in bottom, set in lap, extra butter, you get the idea...
fellow farmer local grow guy cranked out some real nice dry sift using dry ice. nice and blonde, quick and easy...Sky High AKA Scoop makes insane bubble that will bubble your brain....
Again so grateful to have the younger farmers step up and help this old, old, very old man with the trimming and in future hash making endeavors'
Our little corner of the world is a very special place and sharing it with others who feel the passion is not only good for them it is good for us as well.
Wife cannot believe how awesome the farmers are who have come to visit.
Younger folks who are smart, motivated, caring, willing to learn about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
If mnore of the younger generation were like them folks the world would be a better place.
Also my old smeller really cant smell the dankness like a younger beak..
Fresh batch of dry ice extract/live sift, trim and popcorn, strain is Magik. Nug run will be Magik(al). Yielded more than I figured. No idea on %yield from trim, mostly water weight. I'll never wait for bubble hash again when I can get this with a few pounds of dry ice. Mileage varies but I usually fill a mason jar per 2.5 gallons of trim.
MagikSiftTrim
Magik2

EDIT: Back in the day I started using dry material for this process and the only negative is a darker color or brownish depending on what the dry material looks like. If it's dust it won't get stopped by the filter and you get more brown than blonde but the terpenes and flavor profile still come through. Wet's best, dry is fine, dust works in a pinch. This would also be cleaner to make into butter as well, although I'm no chef.

Last edited:
xavier7995

xavier7995

Fresh batch of dry ice extract/live sift, trim and popcorn, strain is Magik. Nug run will be Magik(al). Yielded more than I figured. No idea on %yield from trim, mostly water weight. I'll never wait for bubble hash again when I can get this with a few pounds of dry ice. Mileage varies but I usually fill a mason

EDIT: Back in the day I started using dry material for this process and the only negative is a darker color or brownish depending on what the dry material looks like. If it's dust it won't get stopped by the filter and you get more brown than blonde but the terpenes and flavor profile still come through. Wet's best, dry is fine, dust works in a pinch. This would also be cleaner to make into butter as well, although I'm no chef.

that looks amazingly nice sir.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Great looking stuff. Might have to invest in a chest freezer for the garage. I'm sure my wife would love it if I stuffed the kitchen freezer with all my trim bags.

Time to prepare a nice meal then back to work for a long night in the shed with the scissors. Having a 14 inning World Series game on the radio Tues night was a bonus for trimming, go Royals!

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Great looking stuff. Might have to invest in a chest freezer for the garage. I'm sure my wife would love it if I stuffed the kitchen freezer with all my trim bags.

Time to prepare a nice meal then back to work for a long night in the shed with the scissors. Having a 14 inning World Series game on the radio Tues night was a bonus for trimming, go Royals!
What a fun playoff to watch this year.

Underthesun

Underthesun

The last plant I harvested I let go too late, let the GH get too cool and forgot to plug the fans in when out of town and lost it too mold. Oh well, 3 out of 4 ain't too bad. Tossing the whole thing. But on a brighter note, here is some of the dry ice sift I did last night from the good plants. Tasty, and lots of it hahaha. So easy compared to the water/ice method. This is the Daydream, 160 micron, all popcorn nugs, shake with dry ice for about 30 secs. I put that up, then shake it up some more for a minute or two and keep that seperate. Turned out real nice.

scoop

scoop

We're day-by-day here. Was 30F again this AM..... everything is covered and will be OK....but things DO slow down when it gets this cold. The Cheddars are getting HUGE buds...especially the 2 that are in the 25 gallon pots! The 65's are also doing well....but it's a great comparison to see. Gonna guess they will all yield about the same but the ones in the smaller pots will likely (so far, anyway) have much larger buds. There are close to 2X the buds on the larger girls but they are all noticeably smaller in size.

The lone Cherry Slyder girl won't finish till the middle-to-end of October and will have to get the space heater treatment to survive to fruition. Everything else will be taken down in a few weeks...probably about the same time you are targeting over there. (later if we can swing it!)

The ladies who ran into the woods are also wearing sweaters....and are finishing up nicely as well. Far smaller all around...but there are enough of them to make a nice difference/bump in the overall take. Just SUCKS to have to cover/uncover them daily...but it is what it is and is the price we pay to live (and grow OD) in Paradise...

Still hunting for some faster flowering (50-55 day/etc) cultivars. If any of the usual suspects or folks who ended up with some of the many clones I gave away this year wanna recip or have any leads on such strains....I'm all ears.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
We're day-by-day here. Was 30F again this AM..... everything is covered and will be OK....but things DO slow down when it gets this cold. The Cheddars are getting HUGE buds...especially the 2 that are in the 25 gallon pots! The 65's are also doing well....but it's a great comparison to see. Gonna guess they will all yield about the same but the ones in the smaller pots will likely (so far, anyway) have much larger buds. There are close to 2X the buds on the larger girls but they are all noticeably smaller in size.

The lone Cherry Slyder girl won't finish till the middle-to-end of October and will have to get the space heater treatment to survive to fruition. Everything else will be taken down in a few weeks...probably about the same time you are targeting over there. (later if we can swing it!)

The ladies who ran into the woods are also wearing sweaters....and are finishing up nicely as well. Far smaller all around...but there are enough of them to make a nice difference/bump in the overall take. Just SUCKS to have to cover/uncover them daily...but it is what it is and is the price we pay to live (and grow OD) in Paradise...

Still hunting for some faster flowering (50-55 day/etc) cultivars. If any of the usual suspects or folks who ended up with some of the many clones I gave away this year wanna recip or have any leads on such strains....I'm all ears.
I've got a good yielding bubba that finishes in 7 weeks ill grab a list of what I have and next season ill make sure some land your way

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I'm waiting for the Sweet Afghan Delicious, because it's still going. (pictured), but my Girl Scout is 10% amber. It's a lot thinner colas, but good & sweet. The Gorilla Glue hasn't filled in, and the rest just started getting trichs so they'll go 2-3 weeks more, at least. Frost is fast approaching, and I'm hoping they finish in time.
DSCN7769

frebo

frebo

A couple of my Purple Hindu Kush will be topped this weekend. They are showing some amber and I like taking some a little early to get away from too much couch lock. When I try to let this strain go too long I end up with budworms(moth caterpillars) and mold because of the fall rains and increased humidity.
Some of my Honey Bear will be ready the next weekend. The temperatures will still be in the sixties and lows in the mid forties. AND that will be before the full moon following the Harvest Moon. I find my buds get fluffy(not nice an tight) when they get that extra moon light. I'd love to hear other people do this.

Top Bottom