Where did all the psychedelic strains go?

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

Growing up in that area, I've certainly had my fill. South Bronx killin the hydro Black haze! I remember it being not that psychedelic.....more narcotic analgesic with a few valiums thrown in there.. A little too strong for me..

That's still pretty cool, a haze that hits like an Indica, that's unique and rare for a haze. The HH cut effects are also rare, while you can see the Sativa in it, it's Indica dominate and psychedelic. I just can't wait to run it. The strange thing about this cut, it only grows one top when you top it. I have topped it three times and only the side shoots go up, it doesn't grow back with two tops like every other strain I have. Do any of you have a cut that won't grow more than one shoot when topped?

N

nightmarecreature

I feed the cut the same as my Fire OG. It's nute sensitive and a low feeder. I'm just used to feeding OG's, they are heavy feeders. It took the HH cut 3 weeks to recover from nute lockout. I topped the hell out of it and it's looking good now. I lost a lot of leaves on the bottom to lockout, but the top has more than made up for it. This is my only cut out of all my strains that got messed up.

I will say this cut is something special. I have had strains before that the stems were sticky and greasy in veg. This bitch is oozing slight amounts of maple syrup in veg! This cut is getting me excited, I can feel the precum in my boxers!

I don't know when I'm getting my flower room back up but hopefully in a few weeks, I want to flip this bitch!

N

nightmarecreature

This strain is sticky and stinky just vegging. The last time I had a strain this gooey and smelling it was a frost monster! While I have not grown this cut before I smoked it. This girl is very special! I can't believe some of the old strains can compete with today'
IMG 1317
s bud.

N

nightmarecreature

This strain does not like a lot of nutes. I overfeed this thing and the leaves cupped and just became lockedout. It would have been twice this size, if I didn't screw up.

N

nightmarecreature

I hope the buds come out good! I'm not a pro grower and I have not been doing this that long but for some reason my buds come out way better than most of the stuff at the clubs. It must be the dry desert air. Other people tell me no but Desert bud seems to have way more trichs to me.Your GSC looked crazy and it was desert grown! I almost want to use the tags Desert Grown. Put the DG after it instead of the OG tag. Rep the DG tags for life!

N

nightmarecreature

First pic is Jupiter OG, grown out by a friend so I know it's legit. I never smoked on her though. Second pic is the Fire OG, I have no idea which cut it is. I believe there is three cuts? The NorCal cut and the Raskal's Fire OG, not sure what the third is.
IMG 1316
IMG 1313

N

nightmarecreature

Here's my latest cut! I don't know the genetics and it does not have a name. It's an OG and was made by a local breeder. I heard it's dank and that it's an F1 hybrid of two clone only's. I'm going to have to give this cut a name. We'll just have to see if it's dank or another washed out OG. Rubbing the stem it kinda smells like a pear. I'm bad with smells but I try. My goal is to collect big yielders or rare cuts.
IMG 1319

N

nightmarecreature

it looks like its a cross..

The thing that will drive me crazy is not ever knowing what the cross was and having to figure out how many weeks to take it. It looks like a 9-10 weeker to me but you can't tell by guessing.

N

nightmarecreature

It appears, I got a mixed up clone. I recieved the wrong strain. It's all good. This clone is actually Jolly Rancher OG, rare enough for me. The green cup clones were the Rancher cuts. I called out pear, from reviews people say it smells like grape or green apple, close enough. It got good reviews and high marks and its pretty rare.

I'm talking about the little clone in the party cup and not my HH cut.

EVOKE

EVOKE

Damn bro where u picking up all these cuts..
i got a sickass afgooey from matt... love that smell amazing...

N

nightmarecreature

Well I have been sourcing cuts for three years and I have found spots and people that have legit cuts. Honestly the best cuts I have smoked are the cuts that either people hoard or are unknown or never heard of. My goal is to source a huge amount of rare cuts, grow them out, find the keepers, get them out into the community and breed with those cuts.

Im not having any luck sourcing the Cookies 2.0! :(

N

nightmarecreature

Well those rare cuts without restrictions anyways.

zeke

zeke

Anyone know the story or have a terpene description on the Black Haze? I'm always looking for a trippy Sativa. Nightmarecreature I know this cut is available from a legitimate clone shop in Seattle. No restrictions or strings attached, except of course a doctors recommendation and a few bucks plus sales tax. I love it when you don't have to join a cult to get good genetics.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Theres the indica called The Black. Also supposed to have unique buzz

B

BestAround

good luck with those cuts.. I too received a few cuts .. from a dude.. then I never saw him again.. but the 3 clones I got from him 2 were amazing keepers. 1 great yielder but tosses nanners last few weeks flower.. making sesame seed type seeds .. sucked dick. but hey. got 2 great clones.. and have no clue what they are. but its fucking amazing.

K

kolah

Good thread. I enjoy the trippy weed strains but not the speedy, racey feeling I get from most of them.

Anyone know of some trippy strains that are a milder cruise? I have trouble growing sativas here in CO due to cold night temps and short outdoor grow season.

RedMOON

RedMOON

It seems a lot of the psychedelic strains are gone. It's rare that I run into anything that has me tripping and confused. I think most of the strains today are geared more towards a cleared headed high with candy like tastes and smells. The stuff I grew up on smelled dirty and made you trip more often but you had to smoke more of it. The stuff today is definitely stronger on average, but not so psychedelic. I miss the strains that make you confused and retarded. I'm aware that there are landrace strains like Malawi that do that.

Well a couple days ago I met a grower that has a 30 year old strain, I call it humboldt hallucination because it has no name but it's an heirloom strain. It's NL X Skunk #1. It yields really well and smells like old school skunk. It smokes you retarded, while making you trip. I'm excited to find this strain because I have been looking for a strain just like this without having to grow out some landraces. I'm going to make some S1's of it and cross it with the Fire OG or Faceoff OG, hoping I can keep the trippiness. I'll update here as I progress.
View attachment 320140

Hellooo I love psychedelic strains!

I'm new to growing and want to grow the most psychedelic strain around. Will you selling seeds of these?

RedMOON

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

This is the old old OLD school action. I totally want it again. On a related note, my russet mite problems have been solved for months- but unfortunately, blue moonshine never recovered.
I'm in Colorado. If you have acquired shiva I would like to trade for one. Love her!

Top Bottom