10k,sealed room, coco roots, raceway table.

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hogan400

Updates, day 20.:cool:

Tomo I will be starting ripe and bloom around 950 and adding a small amount of micro and cal-mag+ with this until week 5. Twice a week I use some ewc tea with micro adjusted down to about 550ppm for a solid rinse out. Ladies love it!!
IMG 7057
IMG 7060
IMG 7056
IMG 7040

H

hogan400

You can see where the reflectors get a little close, but the ladies are getting exactly what they need. My co2 is 1250 right now, been thinking of bumping it to 1450 for max push. I cant find any issues really?

H

hogan400

Few more plus my tea and micro combo.
IMG 7059
IMG 7072
IMG 7063
IMG 7064
Not an inch of wasted canopy like I figured I may have, because of having a few new strains. They are all filling in and are 10-20" tall above the screen. The only gaps are in my Uc at the front but thats a whole other project.

H

hogan400

Front, back, and side to side.....
IMG 7050
IMG 7051
IMG 7053
IMG 7057
Yeah Im def feeling the coco with this simple feed program. Im going to make a few more adjustments in my feed schedule as well but this is pretty dialed for a first time with coco. Wish I had moved away from soil before!

H

hogan400

Dankworth,
are these the green spines and shine you talk about? Soon as I added the epsom the shine was full, but I feel I could use a touch more iron & sulfur. Soon as I added the micro, the remaining red spines greened up, yet I still have some small purple stripes in my stems here and there. I know these strains are known for purple stems though. Im going to stick with the cns17 but would like to find a cheaper and more effective micro. I use .5-1ml per gallon now. Seems to be the ticket with the higher feed strength for these ladies.

Resinable

Resinable

Lookin real nice Hogan you are in for a bumper crop. Keep up the good work.

My fans and water pumps generate heat during the night, and because my room is sealed I have to have my a.c's on. Is your room not sealed or is this not a problem for ya?

My current room was intended to be sealed but due to weird off-gassing issues we had to got to ventilated; so now I have three 2 ton Mitsubishis working in conjunction with intake and outtake fans; not happy about it but makin it work for now.

Also you might want to look into CO2 levels; some literature and research shows that no more than 1000 ppms is best. Personally tried anywhere from 1000 to 2000 ppms and settled on 1000.

dankworth

dankworth

Dankworth,
are these the green spines and shine you talk about? Soon as I added the epsom the shine was full, but I feel I could use a touch more iron & sulfur. Soon as I added the micro, the remaining red spines greened up, yet I still have some small purple stripes in my stems here and there. I know these strains are known for purple stems though. Im going to stick with the cns17 but would like to find a cheaper and more effective micro. I use .5-1ml per gallon now. Seems to be the ticket with the higher feed strength for these ladies.
I just bumped my strength up to 7 ppms iron, and they loved it. I will be playing with these values more.
Jack's Mix of Soluble Traces is 7.5% iron(mine is only 4.5%) and I think you can get 50 lbs for like $40, no idea about shipping.

Dude you see the awesome benefit from the micros, huh. Keep bumping up the dosage gradually and the purple stripes will continue to diminish.
The leaves closer to the light have more purple than the ones below I bet. That is what I was experiencing until I bumped the values up last night.

This is a huge key for health I feel.

Running 1/2 mh lamps causes the green spine to fluoresce, making it easier to diagnose than under pure hps lighting.

I bet this run will taste noticeably different when it is finished.

Edit- thanks a lot for the pics

H

hogan400

Resinable,
Also you might want to look into CO2 levels; some literature and research shows that no more than 1000 ppms is best. Personally tried anywhere from 1000 to 2000 ppms and settled on 1000.
good input, I always read it was around 1400 but you know how it is.... Last rd I had it around 1250 and then dropped to 450 week 7-8 and it was solid. I think I may have read you had off gassing a while ago actually. must be minimal if you are having a decent run with venting?

H

hogan400

DankW,
In my Uc my last run never showed any of those def, but its water culture and different. Before that I was in a custom mix of soil I worked with for yrs and yrs and plants were great just always a little slow. I considered the "jacks mix" as well. I like it easy and that seems basic to me. Ill
look again at my uppers nut they seem pretty decent. I noticed a large difference when I upped feed strength but I was only at 500 anyway.... I went to 1000-1200ppm and boom they went crazy!
I bet this run will taste noticeably different when it is finished.
This is my first coco run so I dont have anything to compare to...

K

kushtrees

What micro product you using? Everything is looking great nice and healthy and the nugs are coming along great for day 20. Keep it your killing it

H

hogan400

Kushtrees, Thanks partner.
Im using some gh micro knock off, from advanced, a Buddy gave me a couple cups of to try. Jungle juice micro I think. Its working well but I never seen the container for break down. I need to verify it.

Overall Im pretty happy with all the results. Looking forward to my next round already.

K

kushtrees

That's a very interesting idea I had never thought of using that cus of the N in it I'll have to look at that

H

hogan400

Kushtrees, I know you know ur shit, so here is my style for the curious?

I figure they all have nitrogen. Im using a very small amount, .5-1ml per gallon. I dont worry unless I see neg effects in bud onset or early flower issues. I also dont use cal-mag as most with coco or soil. I raise feed strength first, then watch my plants. Most foods have plenty cal, but not enough mag. (epsom is king here) If I still see calcium def, I add 2ml calimagic per gallon once weekly with a lower strength feeding. (Ive considered stand alone calcium product as well)

I also take notes on a clipboard and adjust profiles for my next run. It allows me to create an effective plan. I asked for spare micro from my buddy to see if it really would make a difference. I will now source a quality product at a fraction of the advanced or g.h price. My soil programs were the same. Simple grow, bloom, boost and a cal or mag if needed. But I never needed a micro...
I wont make my own nutes because its easier and Im lazy that way. I know others do.

dankworth

dankworth

Kushtrees, I know you know ur shit, so here is my style for the curious?

I figure they all have nitrogen. Im using a very small amount, .5-1ml per gallon. I dont worry unless I see neg effects in bud onset or early flower issues. I also dont use cal-mag as most with coco or soil. I raise feed strength first, then watch my plants. Most foods have plenty cal, but not enough mag. (epsom is king here) If I still see calcium def, I add 2ml calimagic per gallon once weekly with a lower strength feeding. (Ive considered stand alone calcium product as well)

I also take notes on a clipboard and adjust profiles for my next run. It allows me to create an effective plan. I asked for spare micro from my buddy to see if it really would make a difference. I will now source a quality product at a fraction of the advanced or g.h price. My soil programs were the same. Simple grow, bloom, boost and a cal or mag if needed. But I never needed a micro...
I wont make my own nutes because its easier and Im lazy that way. I know others do.
I think you should join our cult.

K

kushtrees

I think the jungle juice is a GH copy but GH micro, according to cannastats, has .3 ppms of iron and .15 ppms of Mn at 1ml per gal. Which doesn't seem like a enough at all, even though CNS 17 has some. I like that you don't over use calmag either. I used to but my last 2 grows have been calmag free except for one OG strain in veg.

I've been looking for a good micro product but I'm having a hard time finding one with more Iron than Mn. Keep us posted on what you get.

As far as not mixing your own nutes I understand, my time is worth the extra money right now, just too much to do

H

hogan400

Dankworth,
I read ur IMPROVEMENTS thread and really liked it, but all the driving and time would piss me off to no end, I travel more than I like already... lol. I do appreciate ur work and dedication, it shows man! Ill peep the other thread tomo.

Kushtrees,
You speak truth. I looked at the info and ur right, its a bootleg of g.h. and too many growers use cal-mag as a crutch as you know. Dont get me wrong, itll help hit homeruns. I just focus on the plant like most growers here. I looked at the C.E.S nute line today, and liked it. I had an outdoor growers company I dealt with yrs ago for a calcium and myco that had all types of micro's available in bulk that could be mixed for pennies. Cant remember the name though? Ill peep my old thread somewhere else and see if I can find it?

Also had a Uc bucket crack last night, I repaired it, and now one plant is a problem. I may transplant all of them to coco. Anyone ever do that?

dankworth

dankworth

Dankworth,
I read ur IMPROVEMENTS thread and really liked it, but all the driving and time would piss me off to no end, I travel more than I like already... lol. I do appreciate ur work and dedication, it shows man! Ill peep the other thread tomo.

Kushtrees,
You speak truth. I looked at the info and ur right, its a bootleg of g.h. and too many growers use cal-mag as a crutch as you know. Dont get me wrong, itll help hit homeruns. I just focus on the plant like most growers here. I looked at the C.E.S nute line today, and liked it. I had an outdoor growers company I dealt with yrs ago for a calcium and myco that had all types of micro's available in bulk that could be mixed for pennies. Cant remember the name though? Ill peep my old thread somewhere else and see if I can find it?

Also had a Uc bucket crack last night, I repaired it, and now one plant is a problem. I may transplant all of them to coco. Anyone ever do that?
Yes I have. They will stall a bit but not bad as their hydrophilic roots change form and grow fine hairs and shit so they can function in coco.
For the salts game, I found a successful formula to copy. That made it much easier.

Edit- I feel that I should state that I pay less than $100 per year per 1k light in nute and additive cost.

Top Bottom