10k,sealed room, coco roots, raceway table.

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hogan400

DAY 10... I like the last photo..like a Uc to coco Hedge wall. Lol
IMG 6982
IMG 6995
IMG 6990
IMG 6976

H

hogan400

Thats a 1" pvc street 90*. I surprised these stalks are so large and identical to my Uc in almost every aspect as far as size and length. I need to add a micro and maybe a carb, but overall Im happy.

THE SCREEN IS ALMOST FULL. ;)
In another week and a half I may have to re hang some new 2x4's to better manage my canopy height. I wasnt expecting this much stretch with this strain. The front low section is my xxl13 Uc thats killing it right now.

H

hogan400

I really am curious what the numbers will be with the 3's? The screen is filled very well so far and there is 6k spaced nicely over the coco portion. I get the feeling its gonna be decent, however Im gonna deal with feeding 3-4 times a day and lots of humidity in the end.

Still stretching and I have another 10-14 days of it.....Thats why I am so damn curious.. Maybe I should double pot or build a quick automated feed?!

what to do
what to do

H

hogan400

Yeah, I have a few nice pressure pumps. Was thinking of a solid top feed WITH 3/8'S poly instead of the 1/4 to get some quality flow... I like the halo's but may just make some myself instead of spending the ex loot.

deep buddy

deep buddy

only thing i would suggest is get in the and delarf more they dont fill out in the bottoms as much as the uc. i usually feed every 2 to 3 hours for as long as i need to get 5-10% runoff ,and do a weekly flush, though with the new nutes ive been using im getting way less buildup and needing less runoff to get a good flush. but imo more shorter watering's will give more and faster growth w/ the coco. hope that helps. your lookin disco though b

dankworth

dankworth

I like to cover the medium with a reflective surface.
More light to canopy, especially lowers, though some would advise against it.
Keeps humidity in check too.
Less evaporation, so slightly lowered food strength ends up being appropriate, by as much as 10% I have found.
I need a carb that is stable ph-wise in res myself. Molasses is NOT it.
Need to play with my >$200 aquarium pinpoint ph controller. Keep ph from 5.75 to 5.95 or something.

H

hogan400

The controller is nice dankw. I used it on calc reactors to turn on co2 for calcium dilution. Milwaukee one? I dont have any light to reflect back up. But the less evap is a nice thought. My ph balances out around 5.6, seems low, but the plants love it so I roll with it.

Deep b, I need to clean the lowers again an a slight selective defoliation on some inners as well. I have no light penetration below the canopy. How much less we talking about on lower fill compared to Uc and soil? These are the little things I have no experienced in coco with yet.

dankworth

dankworth

The controller is nice dankw. I used it on calc reactors to turn on co2 for calcium dilution. Milwaukee one? I dont have any light to reflect back up. But the less evap is a nice thought. My ph balances out around 5.6, seems low, but the plants love it so I roll with it.

Deep b, I need to clean the lowers again an a slight selective defoliation on some inners as well. I have no light penetration below the canopy. How much less we talking about on lower fill compared to Uc and soil? These are the little things I have no experienced in coco with yet.
I have not hooked it up yet. It is the PINPOINT(tm) pH Controller from American Marine Inc. Seems like it will be easy enough to work with. Got some Aqua lifter vacuum pumps(not that kind of vacuum pump), like $50 for 4 or so I think.

Maybe we could do salts w/stable ph in 1 res, organic/tea type deal in another, 2 pumps, 2 timers, check valves so that they could be governed independently?
1x day tea, 12-24 x day fertilizer, something like that?
Check valves would be fun like that.

deep buddy

deep buddy

well most uc grows have vert light which will be the biggest dif,imo , but i ususaly go for light penetration. but yeah all that lower stuff will just rob your good top's. again im in no way critique'n ya just tryin to help you get the most brotha! lookin good but yeah either some sup light of ginsu

H

hogan400

Yeah, we have a vert Uc garden started now, my personal Uc I do overhead, the inners and lowers are insane. They dont even have to get direct light to rock up. I do shave the legs a little, but I never had any larf on any ladies. Its the only time I have ever had that happen too. Here is a pic of some lowers that fell out of the screen and were damn near on the ground around 30 days.... still bulked out and were lovely!
IMG 6769
IMG 6791

dankworth

dankworth

Hogan400, I am under the impression that the reflectors with the pyramidal-shaped interior may be more efficient at delivering average light values to a given area than the trapezoidal-in-cross-section reflectors that you are currently rocking. Is that like a cool sun or yield master or something?
I use super sun 2s, pretty focused and intense. If I were to build a room from scratch these days I would lean towards 6" blockbusters, wider spread than super sun 2 but not like a magnum or anything, get them a little closer to the canopy. Still light, manageable.
Someone had a chart long ago with light value averages in a 4x4 space w/different reflectors, maybe the Greners site. It shows what I mean.
Could be more weight on the table for your same rooms maybe.

deep buddy

deep buddy

Hogan400, I am under the impression that the reflectors with the pyramidal-shaped interior may be more efficient at delivering average light values to a given area than the trapezoidal-in-cross-section reflectors that you are currently rocking. Is that like a cool sun or yield master or something?
I use super sun 2s, pretty focused and intense. If I were to build a room from scratch these days I would lean towards 6" blockbusters, wider spread than super sun 2 but not like a magnum or anything, get them a little closer to the canopy. Still light, manageable.
Someone had a chart long ago with light value averages in a 4x4 space w/different reflectors, maybe the Greners site. It shows what I mean.
Could be more weight on the table for your same rooms maybe.
yep it was grener's sight and i dont have link but a vert bulb a/c hood was the best in the 4x4 lumen spread and i think the radiant's from hf came in the top three, i have them they are dope built like tanks and 8 in flanges you can lick em they stay super cool! and the large a wings are all i rock any more. fwiw

H

hogan400

I hear you, I have all types of specs to access. I used 6 yield master 10" in this room on the end locations and middle locations for outside corner control (penetration). Also because they were left overs from a previous project. In between are 4 xtrasun's to cast out and balance out over the canopy.

No reflector ventilation anymore. I worry less on reflectors way more than I used to, after some testing and things Ive learned over the yrs!! Sealed minisplit a.c's with co2 FTW. I do like the new adv nute commercial reflectors, powder coated white. They come in a 6 pack. I havent seen em advertised yet though? Im also a fan of udjust-a-wings.

The new build Im gonna load end of month will be all new goodies, so you guys will like it.
12K FLIP-FLOP,Vert and overhead adjust-a-wing, 1 room Uc13xxl 12 site, 1 room coco with 10gal containers. Sealed double Zone 5ton a.c, chiller and a shit load of new fun goodies...It'll be epic fer sure.

I have access to all large vendors at wholesale nowadays. Saves me some loot..now if I could just afford a real trimmer package....

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I need a carb that is stable ph-wise in res myself. Molasses is NOT it.
Singing my song here, so what's it gonna be?

Maybe we could do salts w/stable ph in 1 res, organic/tea type deal in another, 2 pumps, 2 timers, check valves so that they could be governed independently?
Already doing this manually, more feed lines soon. Really nice for keeping things clean.

H

hogan400

Overhead closeup. There is a little heat stress, and possibly a hint of mag deficiency, however the lowers and higher reflector plants seem fine.
IMG 7032
IMG 7033

H

hogan400

some side shots and the reflectors I hung. On 35" centers, a yieldmaster 10", then xtra sun, and so on. Next run I will lower my table. I need to have my lights a little higher. I may have to re adjust my hangers for more height..
IMG 7010
IMG 7012
IMG 7013

Top Bottom