10k,sealed room, coco roots, raceway table.

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hogan400

I really dig
IMG 7027
these photos of the coco wall.
IMG 7026

IMG 7007
H

hogan400

There are several adjustments coming for the next run. Drop the table, larger pots and plants in veg. Plan some quality additions to the feed schedule and work a little cleaner and tighter on my cropping. Im pretty happy right now with the cns17.

Adding tea is key. Every time its like adding a steroid, the leaves reach hard to the light!!
Im thinking of carbs and micro's, what do you guys like so far?
Also sweet from botanicare and MOAB for a booster. I can use ripe too, what do you think??

deep buddy

deep buddy

yep sounds good i ran massive and add 2.7( this is good shit) and moab. W/ 2 ACT'S treatmeants. def need the carbs and amino's . yeah they are looking goood. bro. props.

deep buddy

deep buddy

looking spot on, maybe a lil mag def. on the heat stress what are your temps and humidity maxing out at?

H

hogan400

Dbuddy, I have dual minisplits a pr of frigidaire 70pt dehueys and my room I can control to the degree within +/-1 degree. Right now its at 80* and r.h is at 59.5

r.h does not fluctuate once plants are large, but its always low early on, I have a couple cheap humidifiers that help a little. At night I really dont have the temp control I want. My room only drops a few degrees. I will say the results from this hasnt been a negative! When I get to the final 2 weeks I drop my co2 from 1250 to 450 and temps to 65 at night and then raise em during the day. Colors come out of course but the plants get super stinky and the lowers continue bulking. It just sux dropping and raising manually every day. Oh well, I could have worse problems!

I had my reflectors too close and created a lil heat stress, but only at the corners. I still feel Im missing more iron or mag.... my leaf shine is average at best and I have tiny little cal def here and there. Only on certain branches and lowers so I think its older and tried to heal up? Ill take a few pics.

deep buddy

deep buddy

.foliar? quick fix for the def's., i like spray n grow . or just cal-mag. i am very jealous of your mini's.,;). but yeah no negative results that i can see except alot of trimmin!

H

hogan400

Dbuddy,
I added some micro to see if it would make noticeable difference and I see less red spine but most has gone away since I upped my feed strength anyway. Im adding epsom at .5tsp per gallon and micro at 1 ml per gal.

mini splits have been my best purchase since my first pack of seeds! With mini's and co2....2lbs per 1k can be achievable with all the right experience and strains, instead of seeing it or reading about it...

Its my belief that in the next couple yrs were gonna see more people breaking beyond the 2+ per light with new ideas and the like. Thanks for hanging in here and sharing your coco skills, its helped me quite a bit. Im a details guy and focus on all the little shit. When you all chime in, believe me, I listen!

Resinable

Resinable

At night I really dont have the temp control I want. My room only drops a few degrees. I will say the results from this hasnt been a negative! When I get to the final 2 weeks I drop my co2 from 1250 to 450 and temps to 65 at night and then raise em during the day.

You may already be aware but, although some disagree, the consensus is that as little dif between day and night temp as possible is best as far as yield and overall health. That has been my experience too: low dif = big yield assuming all else is dialed. Lowering night temps will help bring out colors of course if that is your goal and maybe increase frost but the second point is debatable.

I think, if I am remembering correctly, Jackmayoffer runs light cycle at 78 and night cycle at 77 degrees. He gets pretty good results.

Also at least with Mitsubishi ACs they have hardwired controllers you can buy that you can hook multiple units to and program to the nth degree; I plan on buying one soon.

dankworth

dankworth

Dbuddy, I have dual minisplits a pr of frigidaire 70pt dehueys and my room I can control to the degree within +/-1 degree. Right now its at 80* and r.h is at 59.5

r.h does not fluctuate once plants are large, but its always low early on, I have a couple cheap humidifiers that help a little. At night I really dont have the temp control I want. My room only drops a few degrees. I will say the results from this hasnt been a negative! When I get to the final 2 weeks I drop my co2 from 1250 to 450 and temps to 65 at night and then raise em during the day. Colors come out of course but the plants get super stinky and the lowers continue bulking. It just sux dropping and raising manually every day. Oh well, I could have worse problems!

I had my reflectors too close and created a lil heat stress, but only at the corners. I still feel Im missing more iron or mag.... my leaf shine is average at best and I have tiny little cal def here and there. Only on certain branches and lowers so I think its older and tried to heal up? Ill take a few pics.

Get a wallbanger on a timer interfaced with your room to turn on at night maybe to control night temps independently of day temps, may free you from the manual aspect of nighttime temp control.

H

hogan400

I realize minimal day night differences can be good. Thats what I have now. If i set my room at 80 for day time when lights go off it wont drop. I like to drop it the last 10-14 days to 10+ to enhance my colors. Maybe I wasnt clear... I have to drop it manually at night and then raise it back up in the morn. It sux but theres worse problems to have. LOL. There are no adapters or links for my two a.c's as of yet.

St3ve , I appreciate the compliment. The room is going nuts right now. Both styles, Uc and coco.
Love my room. I go in and look, and think maybe the coco is getting it done a little better?!

H

hogan400

Resinable, the mits a.c's are the ticket. My homie has one in his 600 vert room and it really is easily controlled. Made better than mine by far as well. I have the Klimaire 2 ton heatpump mini. No complaints yet, other then I have to manually drop for night the final week or two... if I want too for color.

St3ve

St3ve

You should get programmable thermostat to set different day and night temps if that's what you're looking to do.

I used to go for really cold at the end to bring out the colors.. It works well. I quit doin' it outta laziness though..

H

hogan400

These are only controlled by remote, so Im gonna call to see if they can be ran on a seperate thermostat.

Resinable

Resinable

Resinable, the mits a.c's are the ticket. My homie has one in his 600 vert room and it really is easily controlled. Made better than mine by far as well. I have the Klimaire 2 ton heatpump mini. No complaints yet, other then I have to manually drop for night the final week or two... if I want too for color.

The Mitsus are quality but there are a few things I don't like about them and mini splits in general. With the Mitsubishis' remote controller I have to reset it's timer every day so it will go off during the night cycle. Also there is no display on the air handler itself to remind me what it is set at. (Will be getting hardwired thermostat to solve this and other issues.)

In general I don't like the mini-splits air handlers; for grow rooms traditional air handlers and plenums are way better for distributing the ac air. I wish they made more affordable inverter units that were matched with traditional air handlers; they do make some but they are expensive.

Also be careful so that your mini-split air-handler is not blowing too directly on your plants; you may have to build a shield. I learned this the hard way when I had a section with small buds and realized the AC-ed air was not being warmed up enough before hitting the plants in that section.

H

hogan400

Resinable ,
My fans and water pumps generate heat during the night, and because my room is sealed I have to have my a.c's on. Is your room not sealed or is this not a problem for ya?

My lower air handler is blowing on the top of one plant, and Im noticing its a lil muffed up on the edges. lol I have a flap and Im pointing it down to the floor now. Maybe that will help?

dankworth

dankworth

Hey maybe a water-cooled something or other on a timer and a thermostat for your nighttime temp control. I talk about a halfass version I built with a heater core and an 8" blower somewhere today, spot cooler thread I think.

H

hogan400

good shit man thanks for sharing
Your welcome gooey, thanks for looking in.

Hey maybe a water-cooled something or other on a timer and a thermostat for your nighttime temp control. I talk about a halfass version I built with a heater core and an 8" blower somewhere today, spot cooler thread I think.
I feel like my room is fine even though I may be whinning about a little late night temp control...My bad.

Top Bottom