10k,sealed room, coco roots, raceway table.

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hogan,
I would go benes in coco for sure. I agree with deacon on the Cap's benes recommendation too. In the Canna coco I like 30-50% perlite as well.

-TF

deacon1503

deacon1503

Hogan,
I would go benes in coco for sure. I agree with deacon on the Cap's benes recommendation too. In the Canna coco I like 30-50% perlite as well.

-TF

Is there that much more growth with the perlite as opposed to straight coco? What about hydroton? Do the pots drain faster? Would coco chips serve the same purpose?

H

hogan400

You know how it is Deac, some like more perlite, some love straight coco nothing else. Im running roots coco because my partner runs it, never had bugs in it yet. I have read some had bugs too. The bags I grabbed seemed clean and were consistent. I like that.

The more you aerate the soil, the quicker it dries out, the more you can increase feedings. Im just hoping I can pull a huge one off in this room. Ima need it with all this wasted time and plants.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Deacon,
The Canna coco is a bit fine and pithy. Other cocos such as brick will be more coarse, and drain more freely. It is all about the wet to dry cycles. Especially when they are young. I tried canna with more and less perlite, and I liked about 50% to start with, then by flip transplant more like 30%. I have used Hydroton as well, but i feel wasteful just chucking that stuff after using it. Next coco run for me will be Botanicare brick. I think with that, I can maybe go 100% coco. Then no fuss with perlite at all.

-TF

JPLord01

JPLord01

We run the bricks I like it a lot with about 40 to 50% perlight in 3 gl pots.
We water 2 time aday for 1 min for the run off. Bricks $6.50 Bags $22.00

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice new setup hogan! Gotta love automated coco DTW...

H

hogan400

Shady, you the man.
Gonna automate in a week or so, just to get my feelings in the right perspective regarding coco. Already feeling better about being headed to the room for a lil work. lol

JPLord01
I get down with the lemon raspberry or white chocolate blueberry cheesecake. Typically we make it a movie night and grab our cheesecakes to take with...of course leaving the trash on the theater floor as I feel better about myself after getting gang raped 40.00 for a pair of fucking movie tickets and 4.50 for a small coke..

And they wonder why I grow...lol

deep buddy

deep buddy

yeah your gonna love DTW. its hella chill esp. in comparison to the UC. i switched to coco cause i wathed dudes like jplord, trich fan , and JMO killing it. and i never looked back. with the sealed room and all those lumens your gonna murder it.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

you can use the wp after transplant just fine.

Root Drench: (established plants)
3/4 cup per gal water. 1 gal per plant–and water or irrigate as normal. For optimal penetration, auguer a few holes into root zone prior to application. Apply 2-3 time during vegetative growth.

i use the granular stuff at transplant it's cheap and works.

H

hogan400

Got a few questions and heres a few pics of the table for those who asked.

IMG 6898
IMG 6896
IMG 6899
Str8Dank

Str8Dank

nice pics man thanks, i'll be building one soon!

sorry for the random post in your thread i had two windows for the farm open and clicked on the wrong one!

H

hogan400

str8dank, I was looking thru trying to figure out where the original post was on my thread... I was thinking wtf.... hahaha.
You got me good man..

H

hogan400

Like your thread Deac. Clean, simple, and you obviously know how to make shit happen and plants grow.

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

digggin the room cant wait to see them daynkey nugggs that come out of da garden goood luck on the everythang n rock on playa :cool:

JPLord01

JPLord01

Fram your table like a floor fram it at 24" on center you will have a bad sag the way you built it. after you fram it put OSB plywood over your fram. You should have a 2x4 down both sides and one in the center then 2x4s at 24" fram it on the floor then put your legs on. Install you leg at 4ft if your table is 10ft long your high side will be at 24" put 3 on the back side one on both side and one in the center you will do this every 4 ft. the next set of leg will be 20"then 16" your last set will be 14" that will give you a gap of 10 1/2 " at the bottom to fit in a small rez to catch the water. Then put some bracing on it to.

H

hogan400

I hear you Jplord, you gotta remember I intend to return to my Uc so this structure is temporary for a run or two. I can always add plywood. I figure I might do that with a condensate pump if I stay this side of the forums. hahaha

Latest posts

Top Bottom