10k,sealed room, coco roots, raceway table.

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
They all look good but my Uc is in kill mode right now. Its no joke. The Uc out paces them 2:1.
I started giving my coco ladies the left over tea mix, in the rez with their food and they look healthier as well. Tea FTW

looks good hommie remeber when growing in coco especially if your using ro water you have to sub calmag every feeding because coco absorbs cal and mag for some reason i just use 5ml of magical or botanicare malgac every feeding. also I think you should go to a bigger pots b4 flower really give your roots the chance to go ape shit maybe add some bennies and a nice compost tea with lots of carbs and sugars when you transplant and then only fresh water with carbs or all organic products for a few days really give your bennies a chance to get built up b4 you start adding chem frets to them. one good rule i always go on bigger the roots bigger the fruits lol. i have some really good info on coco growing in my thread prodigy's big bushes i think it will help answer any questions you might have since all i grew were monster plants in 7 and 10gal smart pots with pure coco any way hope this helps homie and questions get at me one love
P.G

H

hogan400

Prodigy, I was using Cal-mag/magi-cal early on with old left over advanced and things seemed below average. I wanted a one part, I scooped the cns17 coco and tried it alone. I have not added cal-mag or magical and my plants look fantastic. When they seem a little hungry or I notice anything odd I up my feed strength, and no more issues. I have read many articles and studies about coco and calcium lockout. The main problem is its not flushed proper. I drain to waste with 20-30% runoff and see no issues? I also add a touch of epsom every few waterings.

Do you think its that they need more calcium or they just lock out?

For bloom I'll run the cns17 bloom/ripe. Epsom up til week 5-6. I will also continue adding left over brewed tea to my coco rez.

Since there is a small amount of nitrogen in the ewc tea should I discontinue it later in cycle or is it so minor its irrelevant?

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
Prodigy, I was using Cal-mag/magi-cal early on with old left over advanced and things seemed below average. I wanted a one part, I scooped the cns17 coco and tried it alone. I have not added cal-mag or magical and my plants look fantastic. When they seem a little hungry or I notice anything odd I up my feed strength, and no more issues. I have read many articles and studies about coco and calcium lockout. The main problem is its not flushed proper. I drain to waste with 20-30% runoff and see no issues? I also add a touch of epsom every few waterings.

Do you think its that they need more calcium or they just lock out?

For bloom I'll run the cns17 bloom/ripe. Epsom up til week 5-6. I will also continue adding left over brewed tea to my coco rez.

Since there is a small amount of nitrogen in the ewc tea should I discontinue it later in cycle or is it so minor its irrelevant?

i have heard cns17 has a new formula with plenty of cal and mag i just havent checked it out yet. If what your doing is working hell i would stick to that if it aint broke dnt fix it. ok so i also ran drain to waste 0 run off and never had any issues its just became a habbit of adding cal and mag not only because i run coco but i also run ro water. i would normally feed feed water and when i water with plain water i just phed it and added some gatoraide for my bennies. I usally cut my cal and mag out at the begining 5 or 6 week depending on how long i run them its really strain depended there is a lot of N in advanced connie so i try to alliminate as much as i can. As far as your tea i guess it depends on what tea your using i was using a combo of botanicare original pure blend compost tea and advanced mother earth super tea all the way untill flush and had good results doing so. like i said hommie if your girls like what your doing keep it up just remeber some strain especially Og are calmag whore's and others not so much personally i would just give them 5 ml every feed or everey other feed and see how that works for you and go from there.

H

hogan400

Sounds good man. I have never feed pure or straight water. Just mix feed and splash it all over those bitches... lol they tell me they like it but I keep waiting for one to get pissed. hahaha

My tea is a simple worm cast, aquashield, ancient forest humus, and a shot of molasses, brewed for 12-24hrs. Not really sure how much nitrogen is in it? Ill take a ppm reading and see if its high in tds since I use r.o. water for the brew...

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
Sounds good man. I have never feed pure or straight water. Just mix feed and splash it all over those bitches... lol they tell me they like it but I keep waiting for one to get pissed. hahaha

My tea is a simple worm cast, aquashield, ancient forest humus, and a shot of molasses, brewed for 12-24hrs. Not really sure how much nitrogen is in it? Ill take a ppm reading and see if its high in tds since I use r.o. water for the brew...

not sure abot the other products but i know earth worm castings has N in it so i'm sure if you go light on the EC twards the end you should be fine check out the original pure blend from botanicare awesome stuff $28 a gallon so nicely priced and great results also throw some Gatorade in their i know it sounds silly but really works ben using it ever since the master OBS told us about it stay frosty my friend one love
P.G.

H

hogan400

Cool. Prob the sugars. Thanks prodigy. Appreciate your knowledge
pics are coming soon

H

hogan400

Thanks Cap, I need get the pics loaded but I been watching the playoffs like mad. lol

H

hogan400

some updates. day 5 of flip
IMG 6954
IMG 6956
IMG 6958

deep buddy

deep buddy

i just finished a run with the cns-17 original( i like the profile a lil better than the coco, it was made for coir anyways) used the grow and ripe no bloom, fulvic, epsom 1g a gal, and massive. came out real nice for such a cheap nute. nice and stable pretty much ph's itself dr morgan aint no slouch she knows her stuff. i just found it a lil lacking but a really solid base nute, and realy concentrated.

H

hogan400

Thanks D.B. I have one plant doing some odd shit. Ill load pics of it tomo.

dankworth

dankworth

CNS-17 lacks micros. You really need that iron. I ran several cycles and always wondered what was missing. Long story.
Short version, get a micro mix, add to your cns-17 at the ratio of around 5 ppms iron.
Your plants will get the bright green spine that they are currently lacking.
Micros. For reals.
Why I make my own copy of cns-17 veg, but with more epsom, and micros. Check out the tutorial if you want over in the nute threads.

Purple spines, huh?

H

hogan400

hmmm, good call dankw. Funny you said that because thats what I see here and there. I started adding tea and Im getting a little shine here and there but would really like to hit this off proper! Im gonna read your info..

On the one plant acting funny, that spine is pronounced fer sure, and the leaves are curling down a touch but the stretch and stalk seem fine. Looks underfed and over watered a touch but I know its not. I was thinking Iron or sulfur, but what you said, now make total sense to me..
Thank you.

dankworth

dankworth

hmmm, good call dankw. Funny you said that because thats what I see here and there. I started adding tea and Im getting a little shine here and there but would really like to hit this off proper! Im gonna read your info..

On the one plant acting funny, that spine is pronounced fer sure, and the leaves are curling down a touch but the stretch and stalk seem fine. Looks underfed and over watered a touch but I know its not. I was thinking Iron or sulfur, but what you said, now make total sense to me..
Thank you.
No problem. I was pissed about the difference in flavor and potency that I could not pin down. Turned out to be micros, specifically iron.
I was wondering why my res smelled so good, then when I switched to purely cns-17 it did not smell the same(I was anemic).
I do like 4.5 ppms or so for my nute mix, because it is 4.5% iron. I add 19 grams per 190L(50 gal) of reservoir.
It is a big key to getting my plants geared up for the 90-100 watt/ft2 party I plan on throwing.
Glad I could help.

deep buddy

deep buddy

CNS-17 lacks micros. You really need that iron. I ran several cycles and always wondered what was missing. Long story.
Short version, get a micro mix, add to your cns-17 at the ratio of around 5 ppms iron.
Your plants will get the bright green spine that they are currently lacking.
Micros. For reals.
Why I make my own copy of cns-17 veg, but with more epsom, and micros. Check out the tutorial if you want over in the nute threads.

Purple spines, huh?
yeah i use mineral matrix for ph down it has a bit of nicros in it

H

hogan400

These things are pretty big. Im surprised since they are only in 3 gallon pots. The stalks are almost the size of a shot glass and as large as 1/2-1 lb plants for me in 7-10 gallon pots....
Much faster and larger than anything else Ive done at 10 days into bloom, has ever been for me except my Uc. And at the moment they are passing them... is this normal? How much can a 3gal pot yield? I figured maybe 4-6oz would be very good, maybe even on the high side of yield?

Ive pulled qp's from soil in 3's but that was def doing a lot of shit proper.
Whats the normal high yeild anyone here pulles from a 3gal pot in coco? Ima load some pics tonight or tomo? I did 3 plants per 1k, and 2 plants per 1k on a couple? These are going mad crazy for 10 days??

deep buddy

deep buddy

it depends on your feeding freq mainly and enviroment but yeah my coco plants get fucking big in 3 gal bags i started only using about 2 gals of coco in em and they do grow faster ,bigger, better.
and yes 4 to 6 is high average in a three gal depending on strain of course

H

hogan400

hmmm, Im feeding twice a day and these have sped up so much that they are now on par with my Uc plants again...

In my Uc the buckets are 13gal buckets and I pulled 1.2-1.7lb plants last round. I hope these coco ladies hit me up with 6-8oz each and Id be happy as hell. Then again I bet everyone would be...

Top Bottom