10x10 9600 watt LED grow

• Thread starter firstcontact
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

firstcontact

For reference here is a Area 41 grow from my friend (same strain) and he use 2800w HPS and hydro/coco ( completely different setup than mine). Same age as mine in flower. He also topped his plants and vegged them 1 week longer

Screenshot 20191227 020430
Last edited:
F

firstcontact

real LED's not the Chinese stuff because their claims are well just that, claims. Check out Fluence, Gavita LED (ML1700) had to put the part number so the HPS guys will not jump in or growers choice. All about the same design and numbers ppt, off, watts

I couldn't find those on amazon but I was actually going to order two of these next week or a few weeks after. I want to see if these buds swell any or if new lights is the only way to go before spending the $2k...as I just spent $1k on these Chinese lights lol.

Screenshot 20191227 154721
F

firstcontact

That light actually claims to replace the light companies products I mentioned. It has been my experience the stuff on the big A is not the same as what you can get from your local hydro store.

There is one local store who carries an LED for $800 it's a 650 watt or some shit, but it's from grow warriors or something? I've never heard of them but I found this video, they seem to be made here in Silicon Valley

What do you think?

F

firstcontact

Area 41, looking really good this morning. Photos of 3 different clones with one full body shot.

Screenshot 20191228 035609
Screenshot 20191228 035520
IMG 20191228 035209
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

There is one local store who carries an LED for $800 it's a 650 watt or some shit, but it's from grow warriors or something? I've never heard of them but I found this video, they seem to be made here in Silicon Valley

What do you think?

It sounds like an airplane taking off it has so many fans, and look at the size of the housing. This tells me a couple of things. One the leds are being driven really hard, that’s why they need to move so much air. What do we know about leds, well they are much less efficient at higher temps. Further a box that size even with the fans is going to become a massive heat sink, I imagine it generates A significant amount. When they mention wattage how much is being used to simply cool the over driven leds? Any idea what the internals are? My point is there are a ton of leds out there and many of them are no better or efficient than traditional grow lighting. Some are even worse. I get that maybe you are in search of doing something different than you have seen here and are looking for that edge. Do you have any fabrication or electrical skills at all (not being rude) if you do then you could build somthing better than you can buy, and cheaper (I know cost doesn’t matter to you).

F

firstcontact

It sounds like an airplane taking off it has so many fans, and look at the size of the housing. This tells me a couple of things. One the leds are being driven really hard, that’s why they need to move so much air. What do we know about leds, well they are much less efficient at higher temps. Further a box that size even with the fans is going to become a massive heat sink, I imagine it generates A significant amount. When they mention wattage how much is being used to simply cool the over driven leds? Any idea what the internals are? My point is there are a ton of leds out there and many of them are no better or efficient than traditional grow lighting. Some are even worse. I get that maybe you are in search of doing something different than you have seen here and are looking for that edge. Do you have any fabrication or electrical skills at all (not being rude) if you do then you could build somthing better than you can buy, and cheaper (I know cost doesn’t matter to you).

No honestly my partner is more handy than me and she's much smaller lol. I can only buy what the internet tells me is good. I thought the light looked kinda old but the other person mention local hydroponics stores will have better. The one I posted above looks nice but for $1k each and if they don't work would be a blower because Ill have to buy multiple out the gate or one to test run and waste another batch of clones.

I thought about going to HPS but my electric bill is really low for what I run, but honestly from what everyone is saying I could get 2000 watt HPS and do much better in the same enviorment than I am with the "9600 watt" led which is more like 1600 watts

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

No honestly my partner is more handy than me and she's much smaller lol. I can only buy what the internet tells me is good. I thought the light looked kinda old but the other person mention local hydroponics stores will have better. The one I posted above looks nice but for $1k each and if they don't work would be a blower because Ill have to buy multiple out the gate or one to test run and waste another batch of clones.

I thought about going to HPS but my electric bill is really low for what I run, but honestly from what everyone is saying I could get 2000 watt HPS and do much better in the same enviorment than I am with the "9600 watt" led which is more like 1600 watts

If you want to check out some imo of the best off the shelf legit no build required then check these

My boy on insta, solventlessbnv he runs these and kills it. If you want to get dizzy look at his cold pressed live bubble.....

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

If I was going to drop some real coin right now and didn’t want to build or engineer my setup this is what I would get. I think they are some of the best available currently.

F

firstcontact

If I was going to drop some real coin right now and didn’t want to build or engineer my setup this is what I would get. I think they are some of the best available currently.

Omg those raging kush lights are beautiful. I would need 4 of the 4x4 to replace my current set up. I will def order 2 and do half my 10 x10 with those. Good lookin.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Omg those raging kush lights are beautiful. I would need 4 of the 4x4 to replace my current set up. I will def order 2 and do half my 10 x10 with those. Good lookin.

Check out my boy on insta his setup is v2 is just finishing up. Yes those are fucking insane, and you def will see some massive pulls with them! I’m gonna be mad jealous watching you throw them in that 10x10. Honestly you prob gonna smash it now 💯

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

you could run these down the center and then your existing leds as side lighting for the time being. Get more spread and then if you don’t scrog you could Rotate the plants every week to make more even....

Moshmen

Moshmen

Drop some pics so we can mass produce it
Someone else in prolly already is workin on it no need for secrets , trust me there are corps spending thousand/ 100’s of is to gdesign systems to sell to mass public so if it’s great get it out there!

Moshmen

Moshmen

That light actually claims to replace the light companies products I mentioned. It has been my experience the stuff on the big A is not the same as what you can get from your local hydro store.
Def not the same I manufacture “things “ and there are different quality standards, parts, designs, etc. fir anything Walmart or amazon ! Looks can be deceiving fir sure !
For instance we sell a chair to Walmart looks identical to our retail chair , but Walmart said to expensive take some metal and some plastic out to reduce cost and we will take em. Yet they sold em under the same weight and durability claims !
I use Amazon for certain things but I would be careful with purchases like that for sure!
Just want you to do your homework ! There’s a reason they claim to replace anther brand! And it’s not that they are better! Or they wouldn’t even mention the other brand ! My marketing experience

Top Bottom