12 x 1000 watt XXL 8'x24' SCROG

• Thread starter Wavegem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RollinEndough

RollinEndough

What's your EC and pH? They still look overfed to me. Notice how the margins in the leaflets are bunching up and causing some waviness on the leaf edges? Too much N. This type of environment in the rootzone for an extended period of time is enough to kill roots and plants.

I like how it's just tops poking through the screen. None of that lean and wobble stuff requiring a second trellis. You've got patience to fill out a light with a single plant. Keep it up!

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Still looks as if your plants are suffering from slight dehydration, likely due to nutrient EC being a bit high. Might consider a good 1-2 day flush with a clearex type product them reintroduce nutes at half strength.

Wavegem

Wavegem

Well I had a great start, my ec is at 1 on the 500 scale, and my ph bounces 5.8 to 6.2 . I am going to flush hope for the best.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Maybe given you're using Magical already you should consider dropping the Epsom. Just redundant additional salts that may be working against you.

Nice job on your grow all in all. You're rocking it!

Wavegem

Wavegem

Well guys I have some bad news that I do not want to write. All my plants died. This has never happened to me before, never. I am really really upset, so far everything is pointing to dm zone. I do not want to start anything crazy and I am not accusing anyone but I received a new bottle of zone and the second I introduced it 5 days later everything died. I put it in my Cloner and pieces of the stems are shedding off like acid eating plant material. I mix 1 ml per gal always and never had these issues. The worst part is that when I flushed I used nothing but r/o and zone, they did nothing but die. All the roots are fried and they won't drink or eat. This is by far the worst thing that has happened to any of my grows.

I am currently rebuilding my rooms, I have a custom rdwc style system made out of 316 stainless on the way should be unbelievable. I ordered caps bennies and brewed my first tea last night. No more chemical cleaning agents. In one month I should be back up and running with pics and an attempt to redeem myself

purpleberry

purpleberry

Dang that sucks, Ive had that happen before with some organic pest control oil. Guy at the shop tells me to do a soil drench for the gnats and at 4-5 weeks in It killed all my plants, and i wasnt the only one it happened to.
Maybe you should test that zone some how, Id say dutch master owes you a shit ton of free nutes if theres something wrong with there zone.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Well guys I have some bad news that I do not want to write. All my plants died. This has never happened to me before, never. I am really really upset, so far everything is pointing to dm zone. I do not want to start anything crazy and I am not accusing anyone but I received a new bottle of zone and the second I introduced it 5 days later everything died. I put it in my Cloner and pieces of the stems are shedding off like acid eating plant material. I mix 1 ml per gal always and never had these issues. The worst part is that when I flushed I used nothing but r/o and zone, they did nothing but die. All the roots are fried and they won't drink or eat. This is by far the worst thing that has happened to any of my grows.

I am currently rebuilding my rooms, I have a custom rdwc style system made out of 316 stainless on the way should be unbelievable. I ordered caps bennies and brewed my first tea last night. No more chemical cleaning agents. In one month I should be back up and running with pics and an attempt to redeem myself

Ouch. I know how you feel- lots of hard work, great hopes and aspirations... dashed. This is what they call 'experience' and tuition is expensive- I know, I've paid plenty of times. Get up, dust yourself off, and do it again. Clearly, you've got mad skills, sooner or later you're going to get the results you're looking for.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Sorry to hear that bro. Good on you for posting about it and not dropping off the radar like a lot of dudes do. I feel for ya after all of that setup, veg and training. May your next venture be everything you desire and more. Best of luck.

G

growgrow

Wow dude... i feel you... i lost one last week :(... all that money and effort..... I've heard similar stories about zone and I'm going to halt my use from this point forward. I noticed that after 2 months or so of the bottle sitting, that it changed color and consistency.

Additionally, when i bought my second bottle, It seemed different too... it gets hotter than hell right outside my grow room so maybe that has somthing to do with it. If i use it again, I think I'll make sure i get a RECENTLY BOTTLED version and refrigerate it. Let me know your thoughts...

Wavegem

Wavegem

I still have the bottle and will be doing further tests to confirm what happened, I will post my results.

As far as the grow is going I broke everything down and getting ready a busy 2nd half of the year.

NEW BUCKETS - I will start a new thread in the hydroponics section when the build is finished
50 gal custom 316 stainless buckets, 10 inch net pot built to last forever and have no leaks!
-these are just for vegging- haha

The sickest buckets on the planet! if anybody is interested i have the hook up, any size, any style

20120719 113703

20120719 120403

20120719 120414

20120719 120435

20120719 120449

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

time to go live with EWC tea brother! SUCKS about your loss. Most of us have been there once or twice.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Bummer on that bad news Wavegem... But you'll be back in business with those badass buckets and the tea brew...

T

tipper619sd

sorry for your lost bro wish you the best on your next venture. But what the hell bobby , I really like those buckets.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Sorry to hear about the loss man. What terrible timing, during flush?

Anyway, i highly recommend UC roots over any kind of living system. Your roots will bling white start to finish.

BTW your new rig looks sweeeeet.

Wavegem

Wavegem

What's up guys!! Damn what a disappointment... There goes my vacation. Haha , so we have been having water problems at this location. The well actually failed numerous water tests for bacteria and salt, with excessive amounts of manganese. Bacteria, root rot was the cause of the plants dying. The second I stopped roots excel and added zone it was over. Still unsure why zone did not kill the bacteria maybe to low of a dose at 1 mil per gal. Anyways more frequent filter and membrane changes and an added uv light for water should solve this problem. I ordered the whole CS nutrient line, which I should of done in the first place! I at least would of had a better chance of harvesting. I am going to do a couple of runs in coco brewing caps teas I really really like that shit.

About the buckets.. Cap you bring up a good point about stainless and salt. If scratching is what you are referring to that could be a possibility. As far as I know stainless does not rust, it is highly corrosive resistant and should be easy to clean. The main benefits I see of going stainless is that they are pretty much indestructible, you can sink them in the ground and never worry about it wearing over time. Plus it is all custom so you can design your own system for whatever style any fittings anywhere. It is pricey but I could be growing in these stainless buckets for 20, 40 or a 100 years. For a commercial business it makes sense. These I am going to flower a 6 plant site and see if I can fill them with roots, if successful I am going to make them bigger. Uc style water flow with slight variations, top drip all off of one 1/3 hp hydro innovations water pump.

Double wall and insulated would be nuts that's the best bucket lol. Great idea I just did not see the need.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Just a heads up - we removed our drippers as they nerfed what i think is one of the best features of rdwc. The baskets remain 100% "dry" however are in 98-99% rh from the air stones.

Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom