13-2-13 / 0-52-34 / injectors

• Thread starter peoplewish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
peoplewish

peoplewish

I was thinking of running 140-80-203 up through stretch and then 128-58-162 in flower. Perhaps use the biowar, a few of my colleagues have used it with success. Do you follow the directions that bio provides?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Your injecting the teas? Very cool man, your killing it. What rate are you injecting your teas at?
Not injecting teas but you definitely can. stopped using injectors because I cant figure out how to regulate pH...plus mixing reservoirs doesn't take that much time

peoplewish

peoplewish

I see. We balanced the alkalinity of the base water with the acidity of the salts. It comes out at 5.8 perfect for municipal water. Dolomite lime helps buffering capacity in the rhizosphere. Are you using the biowarfare at a specific ml per gal?

Tony69

Tony69

PH injector should be the first injector in the line, you should have a mixing chamber at the end of the run before your zone valves. You could purchase the installation kit which would include all of the needed items such as pressure reducer, back flow preventer and mixing chamber. Dosatron is also working with Blue Lab on an inline monitor the ph, ec, tds and temp.

B

basement bob

I love it when I go to ph my EPS mix at it happens to be at 5.8

Sometimes if in feeling edgy, I add 1 ml per gal silica

Bob

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have been meaning to put this in the other thread but I will also put it here to help you out.

For all of my strains I run this now, and as long as I water to runoff everything blows up.

Veg:

149:45:118:47:75:136 (N:K:Mg:S:Ca) <--- 128ppm NO3, 21ppm NH4

Bloom (starting week 4):

Same as above but I take out the MAP, Switch for MKP and reduce CaNO3 by 20%

114:45:148:47:75:109 <----- 7ppm NH4

This is a great raw salts formula. I am also adding organics (kelp, fishmeal, wormcastings) dry between runs.

weeks 6 and 7 I add molasses 5ml/gal.

Last week only water.

To achieve the formulas I use jacks hydro 5-12-26 @ 1.5 grams, MAP @ 0.4 grams or MKP @0.4 grams (veg or bloom), K2SO4 @ 0.3 grams , CaNO3 @ 2.85 or 2.3 grams, and epsom salt @ 1 gram.

per gallon of course.

I do use AN ph down at 1mL per gal as well. LA city tap water.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I see. We balanced the alkalinity of the base water with the acidity of the salts. It comes out at 5.8 perfect for municipal water. Dolomite lime helps buffering capacity in the rhizosphere. Are you using the biowarfare at a specific ml per gal?

this is what we were going for

PH injector should be the first injector in the line

this is what should have been done.

the pH problem was due to salt buildup, which was definitely grower error. Unfortunately we never used the dosatrons again after that run...every other agricultural setting I've been in depends solely on dosatrons for their feeds and I can't wait to set them up again. @Capulator you could make your life easier than easy by picking a few of these up and mixing yourself some stock...

deacon1503

deacon1503

Did you find that royal gold has a really high salt content out of the bag? We did tests on their pure coco and found EC readings over 1.5

Canna was very low about 150 ppm

I noticed this with their hydrocorn 60/40. EC was through the roof.

Edit: I meant Gold Label, not Royal Gold.

Last edited:
sedate

sedate

We use two concentrates injected at ~1:100, A: 13-2-13 plug mix B: 0-52-34 PEAK.
Media: CoCo Coir amended with dolomite lime.
Fertigate: One time daily, drain to waste.
Ph: 5.8-6.2
EC: .8-1.2
NPK: (Currently) 140-80-203

Background. We began a year ago using "Spurrs groundbreaking methods" with our injectors, NPK, 162-87-201, well as close as we could get with our concentrates, 160-81-220. Many of our genetics preformed just as well as they had before using GH, calmg+ and epsom salts, 5/5/7/5/2.5g (m/g/b/calmg/epsom). However, some strains that ran well before began to run terribly with our injectors. Our plants were producing pebble sized fruits encapsulated with leafs and the strains that preformed better were seemed to have a higher caylx to leaf ratio and less density.

Our second run we dialed back the injectors from 160-81-220 to 140-80-203. Our plants preformed much better this round, however there is still to much leaf development in flower, fruits are not as dense as they could be. Could this be because of P in excess of 70 is locking out other elements?

We are beginning our third round and are thinking of taking the extra K that is provided by the coco into account and lowering that number. We found that when we lower P, N becomes more available, has anyone else found this to be true? This round we are going to run 150-60-187, does anyone have an opinion of this profile? We need a profile that we can run daily to run off. Fwiw we considered running 97-60-105 because we have had success with it in the past.

Thanks in advanced for any input,
-PDub

You are using Jack's PlugLX with MKP?

Um. I'm really confused as to how you are getting all these numbers "140 - 80 - 203"

What exactly are you adding together/averaging to get all that?

I can tell you right away that your EC is too low for anything other than the smallest of plants regardless of how jigger around the application ratios.

Why are you using dolomite and epsom salts with those ferts at all?
Dolomite and epsom salts with PlugLX?? You are practically asking for micro-lockout... seriously...

See that? LOTS of cal-mag already on board. P isn't locking out anything it's the ton of calcium in three (four? I don't feel like doing the stoichiometry...) different ionic forms and the ton of magnesium in two different ionic forms.

And what is your water source? Are you using tap? Figure another 60ppm of calcium at LEAST...

You shouldn't have any problems with those two ferts all the way through if you use them right. You do need some MOST.

Up the EC to 1.4 - 1.5, drop the epsom and the dolomite, get some MOST and a silicon source. pH is good.

Jack's pluglx, jack's blossom boost, haifa MKP, and Jack's MOST @ week 6, granddaddy purps:

MasJulyBudPics2014 046

Last edited:
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
this is what we were going for

this is what should have been done.

the pH problem was due to salt buildup, which was definitely grower error. Unfortunately we never used the dosatrons again after that run...every other agricultural setting I've been in depends solely on dosatrons for their feeds and I can't wait to set them up again. @Capulator you could make your life easier than easy by picking a few of these up and mixing yourself some stock...

Already on deck with D14's, with a 1.5 HP irrigation pump, and a custom irrigation controller from this programmer dude.

3 500 gallon holding tanks to feed 700 plants veg, bloom or flush formula depending on stage. Hard lined sprinklers to beds.
20140827 101447

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Already on deck with D14's, with a 1.5 HP irrigation pump, and a custom irrigation controller from this programmer dude.

3 500 gallon holding tanks to feed 700 plants veg, bloom or flush formula depending on stage. Hard lined sprinklers to beds. View attachment 445359

that's lookin so nice...good call on the hardline, are the beds still mobile once they're plumbed?

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Dosatron who?! This thread is blowing my mind. Where the fuck have I been this a great device!
Do I even need a reservoir mixing tank with a dosatron build? Or can I just keep large amount of stock solutions with filtered water plumbed directly into the system??

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Dosatron who?! This thread is blowing my mind. Where the fuck have I been this a great device!
Do I even need a reservoir mixing tank with a dosatron build? Or can I just keep large amount of stock solutions with filtered water plumbed directly into the system??

no need for a reservoir although some use them to store RO or dechlorinate. If you're using raw salts you should be able to find a formula that works with your tap water, weed growers are the first people I've seen run dosatrons off of reservoirs.

And just for the record, almost any nutrient can be used in dosatrons. Most are mixed at a 1:100 ratio, you can always call the company and double check. I know a crew using botanicare kind, some other guys were running H&G A+B with dosatrons. Pretty sweet but 10x as expensive as mixing your own stock.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
that's lookin so nice...good call on the hardline, are the beds still mobile once they're plumbed?

Yep. The beds tie together with unions and a piece of spaflex (flexible pvc). They are mobile back and forth for access in the room, and then they just disconnect when it is time to move them from room to room.

The holding tanks are just my way of micromanaging. LOL.

peoplewish

peoplewish

You are using Jack's PlugLX with MKP?

Um. I'm really confused as to how you are getting all these numbers "140 - 80 - 203"

What exactly are you adding together/averaging to get all that?

I can tell you right away that your EC is too low for anything other than the smallest of plants regardless of how jigger around the application ratios.

Why are you using dolomite and epsom salts with those ferts at all?
Dolomite and epsom salts with PlugLX?? You are practically asking for micro-lockout... seriously...

See that? LOTS of cal-mag already on board. P isn't locking out anything it's the ton of calcium in three (four? I don't feel like doing the stoichiometry...) different ionic forms and the ton of magnesium in two different ionic forms.

And what is your water source? Are you using tap? Figure another 60ppm of calcium at LEAST...

You shouldn't have any problems with those two ferts all the way through if you use them right. You do need some MOST.

Up the EC to 1.4 - 1.5, drop the epsom and the dolomite, get some MOST and a silicon source. pH is good.

Jack's pluglx, jack's blossom boost, haifa MKP, and Jack's MOST @ week 6, granddaddy purps:

View attachment 445308

Yep thats what we use and our bud looks like this.... Pearl, Grape Ape, Mango
IMG 1594

IMG 1083
IMG 2632

peoplewish

peoplewish

I cropped out the proprietary information. But these are all the NPK profiles that I can set my 2 dosers to inject.
Fertilizer

peoplewish

peoplewish

At 140-80-203 our veg rates are faster than anything we have ever seen. From a solo cup to 3x3x4' foot bush in ~30 days, unreal growth.

We are going to run from the flip. 140-60-203 to keep the lateral growth booming through stretch and then about week ~3 switch to 120-58-162.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Yep. The beds tie together with unions and a piece of spaflex (flexible pvc). They are mobile back and forth for access in the room, and then they just disconnect when it is time to move them from room to room.

The holding tanks are just my way of micromanaging. LOL.

I've currently got three rooms under construction, and I plumbed all the trays like this, and have them all on castors. The convenience of moving the trays is unbeatable.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Man @peoplewish our K values are really far from one another in veg. I am wondering if you need that K so high. Maybe it's the bennies keeping my plants happy.

Top Bottom