• Tagged users None
peoplewish

peoplewish

Got it figured out... Thanks guys.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

What size tanks are those and how tall are they?

I've had trouble finding 300 gallon cone bottom tanks that will fit through a 36" door and are under 8 feet tall.
I found s0me 35" under 8ft but they aren't cone bottom. These are nice looking installs.

Billyboat

Billyboat

325 gallon den hartog tanks. We had to remove a door to get them in. Not sure how tall they are @Billyboat

Thanks! I've been on the hunt for them! finally find em!

@Herb Forester I have ran the normal non cone bottom tanks for years but I hate the fact that you can't drain them 100%.

My res room has a drop ceiling and height is somewhat of an issue.

Thanks guys!!

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Me too on the complete drainage, but I can't cut into the res room for anything bigger. @Fresh Starts how will you regulate the on demand heater? Special thermostat for watering temp? Right now my reservoirs are taking valuable space I want to reclaim, but I'm also wary of not having a reserve of warm water on hand.

Hey those cone bottoms are only 36", if you buy some can you let us know if they flex enough to slip through a door of the same width?

Last edited:
peoplewish

peoplewish

All good! We use an on demand hot water . They work well.

What sort of drip emitters do you use?

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

We have bowsmith emitters. Nozzle size 30 (black). I like them but I had to dial back the Psi to 20 because at 30 they were blasting away my top soil! I'm open to experimenting with other drip emitters in the future because these ones get the job done but I'm not impressed with the water spray. My next step is to integrate the entire setup with a growtronix program and record the amount of water each strain uses on a graph for future reference. Growtronix also sells a moisture sensor that I'm going to experiment with.

What kind of on demand water heater are you using? I would need a 5 gpm unit. @peoplewish

I'm trying to find a unit for high capacity low temperature uses. I'm sure they sell ones with adjustable thermostats. @Herb Forester

peoplewish

peoplewish

I do not know of any 5gpm units you might be better off using two smaller units, or heating a storage tank, depending on your available space.

Fertigating by vapor deficit pressure is where its at. Tensiometers rule.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I do not know of any 5gpm units you might be better off using two smaller units, or heating a storage tank, depending on your available space.

Fertigating by vapor deficit pressure is where its at. Tensiometers rule.
You mean you are watching RH and temp like a hawk and fertigating based on that data?

Tensiometers are where it's at, I agree. Which model are you using? Growtronix had their own moisture meter but i like the tensiometer design better. In not sure which would suit my application the best. @peoplewish

Top Bottom