16 1k lights 235 ebb&grow buckets! Lets get it on!!

• Thread starter Yodas Master
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
So after about two days on the LUCAS FORMULA, these are the results. I cant figure this shit out. Every res is exactly the same.
ppm 1300-.07 conversion
water temp 70
ph5.9
77 degrees at canopy

Here are the pics let me know what you guys think is going on.. Maybe transplant stress?? But why not on all? Some of the plants look fucking amazing and others look like they could die any minute.
I pulled a few that looked the worst and they had not even attempted to root. Any thoughts?
Ehhh... I didn't like the Lucas formula when I tried it. Need some better individual plant shots. Are the roots in the flood zone? PPM seems too high still. pH is not bad... How much CalMag did they get? Did you mix the CalMag first? I can't really comment on FNB as I mention before... Hope the others that have used it can help. Good luck... :thinking

U

UCtestn

Maybe foilar feed em a little until they strengthen up?

Through a few of those Aliens, deadheads and other in soil or a soiless mix like sunshine or Pro-mix.

What's humidity at? maybe too low for babies?

B

Bobby Smith

PPM seems too high still

^^^^This.

Yoda, you'll quickly learn that less is more with nutes - we've all started out thinking "well shit, if they love 2.0 EC, then they're gonna fucking go nuts at 4.0!!"

Unfortunately, you can have too much of a good thing - the Lucas Formula is designed for full-sized vegging plants to take them through to flower - your plants are not strong enough yet to take an EC that high.

I assume you went with the full 8mL/gallon - cut that back to 5mL/gallon and see how your plants react (they'll like it more, trust me).

With nutes, always start low and work your way up - it's a lot easier to just add some more nutes than it is to drain your reservoir and start over - plants also are MUCH easier to fix when under-nuted as opposed to over-nuted.

Good luck :RastaBong:

EDIT: I assumed that your RH was okay - what's it at? Vegging plants do like RH is the 50s-60s, so if your RH is super low that could certainly be contributing to your issues.

Y

Yodas Master

New plant shots for my man Shady and Bobby. RH fuckin zero. I have no humidty. And guess what i have a humidifier in the room. Should i turn off my exhaust fan..1250 cfm. Let me say that 75% of the plants look like the are reaching for the sun. There is zero nute burn on any leaves. I think it was overwater with no calmag. Maybe the others arent rooted well enough to perk up yet? The growth on top is perfect of most plants. Should i pull the weak ones or let them go?

Also when do u think i should flower these? The tall ones are about 12in and the short ones are about 6 inches.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Why would you still be watering with RO and no CalMag? Also how is it possible that the RH is zero when you have a hydro setup? This must be some sort of test... :giggle

Dude, let's get you to successfully veg before you flip the switch to bloom... :shake

Y

Yodas Master

Why would you still be watering with RO and no CalMag? Also how is it possible that the RH is zero when you have a hydro setup? This must be some sort of test... :giggle

Dude, let's get you to successfully veg before you flip the switch to bloom... :shake

Im not all res's have 2ml calmag 6ml fnb. I was talking before when i didnt have any in the r/o water.
ppm 1280 .7 conversion
70 water temp

Now get this i have over 500 gallons of open water and a humdifier with no humidity. Riddle me this Batman>>>> How is that fuckin possible. Possible to have to much airflow?
I have 3 airconditioners and 4 fans circulating all the time. Im stumped.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Ahh... Bump your CalMag to 3 ml/gal in a week... As for the RH, the riddle sounds like a good one... :thinking I bet the AC's running are pulling all that humidity out, but your hygrometer can't be correct as 0% RH means there is no moisture at all in the air... What's your room temps at?

Y

Yodas Master

^^^^This.

Yoda, you'll quickly learn that less is more with nutes - we've all started out thinking "well shit, if they love 2.0 EC, then they're gonna fucking go nuts at 4.0!!"

Unfortunately, you can have too much of a good thing - the Lucas Formula is designed for full-sized vegging plants to take them through to flower - your plants are not strong enough yet to take an EC that high.

I assume you went with the full 8mL/gallon - cut that back to 5mL/gallon and see how your plants react (they'll like it more, trust me).

With nutes, always start low and work your way up - it's a lot easier to just add some more nutes than it is to drain your reservoir and start over - plants also are MUCH easier to fix when under-nuted as opposed to over-nuted.

Good luck :RastaBong:

EDIT: I assumed that your RH was okay - what's it at? Vegging plants do like RH is the 50s-60s, so if your RH is super low that could certainly be contributing to your issues.

Actually the lucas formula is for plants straight out of the cloner. The og clones in the pics have been fed the same nutrient solution. And all are fucking thriving. Check the pics. They have been fed the same ppm as the clones in the hydroton. Dont get mad at me guys ----Im experimenting

If you knew what i did for a living you would understand why i must check all avenues. I respect and appreciate all the knowledge you are handing me, however like the old saying goes--A hard head makes a soft ass!!!!
I believe the problem was this from the start.
1) r/o water with no calmag
2) nutrients that sucked
3) Some clones may have been placed to high above the waterline/ or to far below the water line
4) Defientely i think no humidity is holding back rooting for sure
5) To small of root mass on some clones/ which dried out to fast or were waterlogged preventing rooting.
6) In the beginning i was overwatering for sure. Now that its more regimented the plants are really picking up.
7) the 25% of the plants that are still wilting might be toohigh or low to the waterline.

Y

Yodas Master

Ahh... Bump your CalMag to 3 ml/gal in a week... As for the RH, the riddle sounds like a good one... :thinking I bet the AC's running are pulling all that humidity out, but your hygrometer can't be correct as 0% RH means there is no moisture at all in the air... What's your room temps at?

Shady the reason i asked about flowering is because i have to have surgery in feb. I will be hospitilized for two weeks in recovery. I was just thinking that i might want to bring this issue up with you guys to see what u think i should do. Dont have anybody else who can help me really so what do u think?

Room temp on floor 67
canopy level 77
ceiling temp 72

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Shady the reason i asked about flowering is because i have to have surgery in feb. I will be hospitilized for two weeks in recovery. I was just thinking that i might want to bring this issue up with you guys to see what u think i should do. Dont have anybody else who can help me really so what do u think?

Room temp on floor 67
canopy level 77
ceiling temp 72
Hmmm, I'm stumped on the zero RH... I seriously think something is wrong with your hygrometer. In the meantime, read this post on VPD:
Sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery... I don't know how you can possibly keep this automated for two weeks without supervision, one week maybe, but two is pushing it. Also there's the issue of harvesting, drying for a week, and curing amd burping jars for 3 wks... This is a lot of work especially at the scale you are attempting...

BTW, I envy you for having a job... I was laid-off as a Construction Manager and it's been difficult to find work in socal. :itwasntme

Y

Yodas Master

Nice thread. Its obvious that my plants are suffering from no humidity. Im leaving right now to purchase a more effiencient humidifier. Seems strange for me to have to add moisture after all the threads about removing it from the air!!!!

About flipping... Im kinda in a rock and hard place. I wasnt going to start this grow until after my surgery but i kept on thinking about the surgery and not the growing afterwards..So i decided to stop thinking about the surgery and START GROWING!! Awesome timing, huh..

Y

Yodas Master

BTW, I envy you for having a job... I was laid-off as a Construction Manager and it's been difficult to find work in socal. :itwasntme[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling... I had to leave my entire family back east when the housing market crashed. Thankfully i was offered a job on the west coast and have been here now for five years. I miss my family sometimes but theres no work that can sustain my medical bills and lifestyle back home.... I feel ya brother

Y

Yodas Master

No worries brah... "I'm a star... How can I not shine?" Eventually these suits will appreciate my experience and Engineering degree, especially since I work smarter, not harder... :cool

Anyways, here's another more recent VPD article that's a bit easier to read:

We each have a star, all we have to do is find it. When you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded. Good karma to you brother

U

UCtestn

Hmmm, I'm stumped on the zero RH... I seriously think something is wrong with your hygrometer. In the meantime, read this post on VPD:
Sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery... I don't know how you can possibly keep this automated for two weeks without supervision, one week maybe, but two is pushing it. Also there's the issue of harvesting, drying for a week, and curing amd burping jars for 3 wks... This is a lot of work especially at the scale you are attempting...

BTW, I envy you for having a job... I was laid-off as a Construction Manager and it's been difficult to find work in socal. :itwasntme

OH SNAP!!!! It had been about a year since I read up on VPD and that's definitely an issue I have going on now. I knew I had too low humidity, but didn't realize some of the stresses I was causing. -- Shady is the MAN! Thanks for posting the links.
No worries brah... "I'm a star... How can I not shine?" Eventually these suits will appreciate my experience and Engineering degree, especially since I work smarter, not harder... :cool

Anyways, here's another more recent VPD article that's a bit easier to read:

sdgrower

sdgrower

Love the passion bro. From everything I have read your problem is the lack of humidity. Check out a hydrofogger fogger. (hydrofogger.com). This will let you get your humidity to around 50% no problem. Anything above 50% and you are going to be risking powdery mildew especially since you are in cali and buying cuts. Keep the res aerated and cool and you will be good to go.
Good luck bro
Cheers! :animbong:

buffbuds

buffbuds

Shady, I must say, your recommended reading was very enlightening, thank you for offering that, I only ever knew to be between 40% and 60% humidity, I am glad to understand the underlying physics! You're a cool dude, I'll be following your posts :-)

I guess there's a reason he thought my advice worked, him and I were both experiencing the same problem of humidity in addition. My room is maxed out at 45% at night, 15%-20% daytime. My growth rate is slow, and I could be using my nutrients more efficiently! (let this happen to make sure powdery mildew goes away) Your advice reminds me why I come here!

Y

Yodas Master

Update gentlemen....As you can see things are really taking off. Here are a few updated pics.. Looking very healthy.. LUCAS FORMULA is working for sure. With alittle Shady and Bobby help!!!!!

Also have been able to keep the humidity alittle better at around 20% to 28% but still far from ideal..

B

Bobby Smith

Looking good, bro - keep that RH up and keep up the good work :)

Any noticeable difference between the perlite and hydroton at this point?

GO EAGLES!!!! (drunk and couldn't resist) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom