16 plant setup in a 3x3ft grow tent!

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogplatinum

ogplatinum

quick question, sorry if its already been answered...What is the exact grow tent your using? Im looking into one and just wondering which model/brand your using and how you like it...

thanks bro and good luck!

C

caperfarmer902

hey ogplatinum,
surprisingly noone asked meabout the tent im useing or how i like it, but i am useing a 3ft wide x 3ft deep x 7ft high, it has 3 duct holes in it, either 4'' or 6'' its your choice, im using 4'' for intake, and 6'' for exhaust with a circular fan rotating back and forth,
now you ask how i like it, i was talking to my brother lastnight, we decied we liked it that much were going to pickup a 5x10 grow tent use the two 5x5 rooms for one big scrog grow, and but another 600watt digital light, being that my 400watt is also a 600watt..
I love the tent tho, i love it that much im going to order a biggger on and use this tent i have now for a cloneing station, where im going to put atleast 3 shelfs with 3ft long t5 fluros for cloneing, i plan to start 150 - 175 plants for nextseason, so im going to need the space, if you want my opinion, grow tents are awesome man, easy to maintain, i just never tryed any buds from the tent yet so im waiting for that show!!

T

theTinker

perhaps a bit of a dumb question. but how are things held up in the tent. like what does the light hang from?

C

caperfarmer902

The light hangs from the 2 heavy duty steel rods that wrap around the main fram of the tent, from there i put 2x S-hooks from the 2 rods at the top and hung 2 chains for each side that connected to a V shaped hook that connected to the light,
"Knock on wood", i never had any troubles with the light hanging this way, it seems very sturdy and reliable to me, the frame itself is heavey duty , id say about 2'' steel pipes make the frame up, then 99.9% reflective material goes over the top and bottom, and sides to makeup the tent, i love the tent, and was looking today into a 5x10 tent, for my second indoor hydroponic grow for next year, after my first indoor grow is done in the 3x3ft tent...

C

caperfarmer902

8 Site DWC Hydroponic System + SCROG update

Hey guys,
Im going to do updates for btoh my indoor setup, and also my outdoor setup, and finnaly I made up my mind for my next season grow outdoors, not indoors yet, iv still yet to come up with an indoor idea yet, im thinking a 5x10 grow tent, but who knows...

So as promised, this is going to be a long update, but very informational and lots of photos, 40 photos to be exact..
My 8 Crystal clones from the plants i had indoors befour these, but are now outdoors, they are a Nirvana seed bank strain, and its white widow x northorn lights, seems to be a nice combo so far, but iv yet to smoke any crystal, so hopefully soon enough,
All the 8 clones are tucked and bent through the 3x3ft SCROG in the 3x3ft grow tent, under the 400watt MH aircooled light, nice and firmly, they had loads of new growth from the last update, and maby about 2 hours ago, i just finnished evening out the canoby by tucking and bending the branches and clones though the net, about 3 weeks ago i topped each clone on the very tops, and doubled the amount of tops in the scrog by 16 to 20, now, tonight i went and topped every clone atleast 3 or 4 times, multiplying every top in the scrog by atleast 4, so im expecting by the end of this month to have over 40 to 50 new tops by the end of august..
Now with that, the screen is about 30 to 40% full now, i wanted to fill the screen with tops, lots of bud sites, and let it fill to about 70 to 80% full befour i aucally switch to HPS on a 12-12 light cycle..
I plan on switching to HPS on a 12-12 light cycle by August 27thé 2011, by then i expect the screen to be 80% full, and have over 40 new tops waiting for HPS:)

Now, I have a crystal clone just growing by itself in a 5 gallon bucket, no scrog just nutes, i topped this plant as well tonight, 4 times, so i should see about 8 new tops by 2 to 3 weeks, this plant will be growing indoors from start to finnish, i think im going to let it grow outside the tent being i never close the doors on it now, so the scrog gets it light, and the plant in the 5 gallon bucket gets light on every side, as it gets older, i plan to buy a 600watt light kit, and ill grow it under there with some new clones as it gets older..

Also, i have 9 clones i recently cut off the plants outdoors so theres no branches on the ground, they seem to be doing great, i gave them a shot of diluted nutes the other day, then responded well to them, no roots yet, but soon enough, these will grow untill the get a nice healthy root system, then when i have all the clones rooted and planted in 5 gallon buckets, im buying that 600watt digital aircooled light, and will put 10 crystal clones under it for clones for next season, something tells me its going to be good buds:)

Here are some befour and after photos of how the clones were, like i said i went and evened out the canoby tonight by tucking and bending the plants though the net ad much as possible, by topping and fimming 16 to 20 tops on all 8 clones, im exepcting to get over 40 new tops by the end of august and flip the switch to HPS, these things are just growing like weeds... get it hahah :banana1sv6:

P.S. the photos below, are from befour to after, the first few photos are when the canoby was uneven and a mess, then once you see the photos where the plants are spred out more and you can see more under leaf shots, thats where i had the canoby even, youll understand when you see them...

AMBA0447
AMBA0448
AMBA0449
AMBA0450
AMBA0451
AMBA0476
AMBA0477
AMBA0478
AMBA0479
AMBA0480
AMBA0481
AMBA0482
AMBA0483
AMBA0484
AMBA0485
AMBA0486
AMBA0487
AMBA0490
AMBA0491
AMBA0488
AMBA0489
C

caperfarmer902

Outdoor Plants - Guerilla Grow 2011 Update

Hey guys,
So its coming onto August, im gussing the budding stage should be coming on soon rite?
I checked out the girls yesterday, and seen that they had a tiny bit of yellowing going on, so i gave them 2L's of filtered tap water with 8mls grow, 8mls micro, and 10mls bloom, and will be getting another feeding of a bit strong nutes in 3 days times, becuase right now, tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night its going to rain, were getting about 10 to 15Mls of rainwater, so i might not haveto water these things untill a few more days with all that rain,
Other then that the outdoor plants are doing great, im haveing a few problems with slugs almost every plant had about 4 or 5 maby even 8 slugs on them, not much foiledge was damaged, but there were some sings of slugs there,
DOES ANYONE know a cure for slugs on outdoor plants, i cant find much info on them other then whats in my grow bible, so ill check that out but meanwhile, if anyone knows a way to get rid of these bastards, please let me know:)

I will add photos to the journal for the outdoor plants in about 10 minutes, i forgot their on my other computer not this one, so ill post this text here, and soon after ill add afew shots of the plants outdoors, their doing great like i said you can see the flower on them turning bright, but still no signs of bud, it says for my reagion, they finnish up in mid to late september, i wanted to go 10 weeks outdoor, but even 9 weeks more important, i have to pick up a 420scope with atleast 30X, id like for a 60X, but i know 30X will do, with that i can harvest a the peak of the tichmodes(thc glands) are turning milky white, not amber, when milky white im going to cut them down, and start the drying phase as they are manicured, then the hanged upside down to dry, then onto the screens for a few days for curing, then into the mason jars or rubber-sealed jars to finnih the curing phase, then smoke that shitnats up LOL.

Like i said above, im going to add photos in 10 minutes of te updated photos of the outdoor gurilla grow plants, let me know what you think of them and the clones as well, your comments are always, always, welcome in this thread, im open to ideas, and opinions as well, so please feel free to express yourself on my grow on ways to imporve or how im doing so far, if anything i need the support:), and you guys are great for giving that support:)!! :banana1sv6:

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Hi caperfarmer! The scrog will work great, but you need to fill it up more before you start letting branches through. If you want an even canopy you should push those branches back under and make them grow sideways for a while. I'd train them under the net until it's 60-75% full. Check out some scrog journals and imitate the best.

G/L bro!

C

caperfarmer902

hey darth fader,
I just stood back to take a look at my scrog, then i red over 3 different scrogging tourtal and red hightime and weedworld magizines to ensure i know what im doing here, now when you say i have to fill up more befour letting brqnches through, do you mean let them grow taller befour pushing and bending & tucking, or let it grow about 5 to 6inches high then tuck it though, its my firsttime useing a scrog, and my firsttime useing a hydro system, if you can help me out with this darthfader that would be great!!!

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

what brand of tent? i dont think i read it in your posts....sorry if its in there. Lookin sharp man, keep it up.

C

caperfarmer902

hey Og,
no man i didnt put the brand in there but its
from GYO SUPPLIES and its a secret jarden 3x3ft tent, with 3 windows with flaps over then for ventilation, then 3x 4 to 6inch holes for inline and exhaust vents, i have the bottom one on the tent drawing air into the tent via a inline fan, then i have 2 more 6inch holes, the roof one being used to suck hot & bad air from the top of the tent, and the other 6inch hole on the back wall, is drawing air from my XXL Luma 400 Digital Aircooled light, that to has a 6inch hole for ducting to connect to, i have yet to set the aircooled up tho, its all there and ready to be setup, but id like to get 2 canan fans, one for inline 4inch, and one for exhaust, im thinking 8inch or 10inch, and put a y connector on the fan with one being for exhaust of the tent on the roof of the tent, and the other being for aircooled removing hot air from the light.. now i heard many opinions on this, and i doo agree with then saying by putting a y connetor on it will spilt the cu. ft. down, but if i get a large enough fan, im thinking a 12inch fan, spiliting it will give it both the inital cu. ft. i was going to start with, in other words, you split the 12inch fan down, each 6inch hole will be getting its own 6inch fan pretty much, we gotta think its a 3x3ft tent, i cant put to much air movement in there or it will fall in on itself,
In my opinion OG, if your going with a tent, id get a nice sized tent 5x5ft will be a nice size tent, but if you want a veg room and a bloom room so you have a schedule of plants to follow from cloneing, seedling, vegging and flowering and always haveing each room filled up, id go with the 5x10ft tent,
This is the tent im going with for next gro indoors, ill keep the 3x3ft tent for mom, and clones, or even breeding, but im getting a 5x10ft grow tent, with 4 - 600watt lights, so 2 bulbs a 5x5ft space,, so ill keep my 400watt 3x3ft grow tent for clones or moms, and then im getting a 5x10 - 2 5x5ft rooms, one for veg one for flowering, with 5x5ft ebb and flow tables in it with a scrog to top it off, and running the required fans in the tent with c02 as well, im buying this setup complete at monster tents, i seen it advertised in the hightime mag. so iv been looking into them, im going all out and just spending over $5000 on this next grow, for both indoors and outdoors,
The indoor one will be my price possion tho, being 2 5x5 rooms with 1200watts of light, both inline and exhaust fans with carbon filters, a C02 setup for best growth, and 2 5x5ft ebb and flow tables with a 30 plant setup in each room, this is going to go inside of a 5x10 room, that i plan to build around the tent when everything setup, and have doors on the 5x10 room, when you open the door you open the tent flap and blamo, theres a 5x5ft ebb and flow tables, with 30 girls waiting to flowerr, then you open the flowering room, and holy shittt another 30 girls, waiting to be cut down, ohh hot damm son, your on fireeee haha., so that is the plan, now who said its going to happin, me and that says alot LOL' so all i can do is hope and pray, and see what comes faster,
Caper

C

caperfarmer902

Hey guys,
heres the photos of the plants outdoors , this is an updated photo since they were put in the ground, since put in the ground, they are now at day 12 of being in the ground, they went in the ground on July 22ed 2011
The plants are on day 37 of plants outdoor, so its safe to say their outdoor plants now, and being that its august 1st, these plants are suppose to finnish up by late september, so thats 8 weeks, these plants should be into flowering already,

If the plants are outdoors do i still have to induce flowering?, do i give more bloom nutes then grow and micro or more bloom and micro and less grow to induce flowerring?

Can someone help me out, i want to get the full advantage of these plants outdoors and get nice big buds off them, im useing grow micro bloom, and the plants are in tomato veg/bloom soilless mix, and sheep compost for tomato plants, so im thinking this should be a good mix, i want to pickup some bat guano bloom, earthworm casting, kelp extract, molasses, and even seabird guano and either make a tea and pour it over the plants every watering, and ween it off the grow micro bloom, or is there a way to layer it on the soil and take advantage of it still useing the grow micro bloom.. someone guide me on this please!! :sweating

AMBA0469
AMBA0455
AMBA0456
AMBA0457
AMBA0458
AMBA0467
AMBA0459
AMBA0460
AMBA0461
C

caperfarmer902

also, what can i do for issues with slugs,when i go to theses, theires about 10 slugs on each plant and some are eating the foiledge on me, is there anything i can do like put something around the perimeter of each plant to keep these f#%$ers away??????

D

dagobaker

those are going to b some monsters............im guessing flowering will start in a week....for indica dom strains

C

caperfarmer902

hey dagobaker,
im hoping their going to be monsters haha, so far they are doing great, i went ahead and put 6cm of sand around each plant in a circle so no slugs or snals go around the plants hope it works, as for flowering, they should be flowering now, were getting 12 hours maby 13 hours of light now, they should finnish up around late september, early october, so stay tuned!!!

C

caperfarmer902

hey folks,
Just wondering here, is there any home brew nutes i could make up for my hydroponic DWC system, or even for my outdoor plant a diluted nute feed with water to pour over the top of those babys while flowering to get thebest out of my flowering? please someone help me with this???

C

caperfarmer902

SCROG Update, filled tank, and new nutes

Hey folks,
Im kinda at a road block here, me and my partner went and changed the 10 gallon res. and topped off the nutes in the tank, i dont want to waste this scrog and these clones, we looked back and seen then th scrog and the canoby where the net cups are only 4" apart, the stems of each clone is bent down way past 45o, meaning they are really bent down, im not sure if i should pull every clone back out above the scrog, let it grow a little more, then take each top and each branch that has tops and bend them threw the scrog, but that will mean letting the veg time go a little longer, maby a month or two, but it will reslt in a better yeild, so ill get all my moey back for power, i need an expert advice on this or someone to help me out on this who knows scrog,
Do i pull them back and let them grow?
Do i keep them going work with what i have, i put 20ML's of Grow, micro, and bloom today, take a look at the photos below, someone please help me with this:)

Scrog photos updated 041
Scrog photos updated 042
Scrog photos updated 043
Scrog photos updated 044
Scrog photos updated 045
Scrog photos updated 046
Scrog photos updated 047
Scrog photos updated 048
Scrog photos updated 051
Scrog photos updated 038
C

caperfarmer902

Can anyone help me with this, i really need advice for this grow op, do i pull all plants back though, or let them go?

C

caperfarmer902

hey guys, i just trimmed the plants and bent and tucked them, i took alot of growth off but it looks good, alot of great tops so i went and put each top on 6 plants, about 40 tops, i put in each square, some have two tops but thats only untill they grow alittle, so wel see,

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

when i grew outdoors, i had slug problems too, slug bait doesn't work, what i found really works, is put a ring of copper around the stem. I had mine in raised beds, i would run a line of copper on the top of the box all the way around. Copper to a slug is like putting salt on it. They WONT cross it, since they would have to drag their whole body over the copper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom