16 plant setup in a 3x3ft grow tent!

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

copper eh, well im debateing about two different ways, im thinking on going both ways, i found out in my growers bible that 6cm of sand in a circle around the plant,, so im thinking about putting the 6cm of sand around the plants with a ring of copper around the plants as well this should solve my slug problem, ill keep you all posted...

C

caperfarmer902

so, can anyone tell me, if i should let these clones grow and leave them as is and keep bending and tucking,
or do i pull them all through, take the scrog out, and let them strightin out, then put the scrog higher up and let them all grow into the scrog as in all the tops aucally put the scrog down so the tops of each clone fit the scrog, and the rest are all tucked and bent though,
because right now my main stem for each clone is bent down, if i do it that way all the stems will be stright up, but the scrog will be filled with all tops not all stems and bend branches?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please someone tell me what i should do here, this is my first scrog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

id just be patient and wait for them to grow acustomed to their home, the ring of sand is interesting, the copper ring trick is a sure thing, it can be an expensive investment but can be used for years to come, get some 2 inch copper pipe, and cut into sections about 2 inches tall then split down lone side, theres your ring

C

caperfarmer902

Hey SodaLicious
Im still not sure about the scrog still, it seems kinda funky to me, but the copper rings are a for sure thing, im getting photos updated this week of the plants and the copper ring, i ditched the sand, and am just going to use the copper, thanks all:)

C

caperfarmer902

Day 36 of 8 crystal clones in 3x3ft grow tent under the 400watt MH

Day 36 of clones in 3x3 tent, under scrog & 400watt MH,
Day 44 of clones on a 18/6 light cycle,
Day 57 since the clones were cut off the mom plants and placed to be rooted,

On September 3ed 2011, the plants will be vegging under the 400watt MH into the 3x3ft SCROG for 60 days total, by then i fully expect if not, 1 or 2 weeks earlyer if the scrog is atleast 80% full, the scrog is coming along really nicley, it seems to be doing well now for me,
The 2 clones that were in the back, as you can see in the photos of the scrog on the last page , well the 2 clones in the back were grown threw the scrog and still going, i went ahead and bent all the clones to the point where they were all equal right across the 3x3ft space, im feeling really great about this scrog now, and seems like things are going to work out for me here, let me know what you think of it!!! comments allways welcome:)

Updated scrog from 8 10 11 001
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 002
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 003
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 004
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 008
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 009
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 010
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 005
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 006
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 007
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 015
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 016
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 018
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 019
C

caperfarmer902

Ak48 Cannabis Sugar & Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hey guys, me and 2 friends, decieded to make weed cookies, so we went with sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies betty crocker style, while the cookie mix was being done up, I went ahead and started to bust up the hafe ouce, 14 grams of ak48 hydroponic weed,
After busting up all 14 grams, and putting that into 3/4 of a Lbs of real butter, let it cook untill butter was liquid, then I added the weed, stired that for 2 hours, untill all the oils and thc glands to extract into the butter,
with 2 hours of stiring finnished, i went ahead and poured the butter with the busted up weed in it, and strained the butter 3 times, then pressed all the busted up weed so the butter oils and thc glands are pressed into the butter..

Once the butter was done and he butter was strained, i went ahead and put it in the fridge untill it was into a block, well a bowl of butter, canna butter:)

Mixxed it all together, then rolled up about 234 to 40 cookies, 15 to 20 cookies of each kind, sugar, and chocolatechip..
Placed them in the oven on a certin heat i forget now its only been 2 weeks but i honeslty forget, after the cookies were done, we wnt to town on them, i ate 6 cookies that night and never felt anything as good in my life as what those cookies done for me,

Updated scrog from 8 10 11 100
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 101
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 102
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 103
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 104
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 106
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 105
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 108
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 107
Updated scrog from 8 10 11 119
SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I like making butter, but when i do it, it's an all day process, i get up early and fill the biggest canning pot i can find full of weed and then top it with water. Bring to a simmer, add 6-7 lbs butter, then stir every 30 minutes and gently simmer, top off with water when it gets low, after 8 hours your good too go, but i like to do it for as long as possible, 14 hours was the longest, mmmmm goood butter!!

As for the scrog, i think you only want to train your plants until the screen is 1/3rd full in veg, then when you flip you keep training for the first 2 weeks, or until screen is full, most strains i've grown stretch big time when flowered.

C

caperfarmer902

so, taking a look at the photo of the scrog, do you think it times to flip to 12-12 with HPS, or let it go for another week maby 2 weeks, then flip it?

C

caperfarmer902

I was thinking just now, if i let it go another 10 days, untill august, 19th 2011, then that night when the lights go offf at 2am, ill then fix the timer to 12 and 12, so light turned on a 8am like now, but off at 8pm instead of 2am, which will give it a 12/12 light cycle, with the HPS, that way if the strech comes to muc and fast ill be able to maintain it with somemore room left on th scrogg,

But if anyone thinks its fine already to flip the tent to HPS on a 12/12 please let me know, its aucally been 44 days on a 18/6 in veg, and 37 days in the 3x3ft grow tent, under the 400watt and scrog, i could let it go for another, 6 more days for 50 days on an 18/6 on veg, and it will have 43 days growing into the scrog in veg, what should i do:S

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

After looking at the picture again, and not being as stoned, it looks like you have good coverage, i'd give them 36 hours dark, then 12/12 after that. Tuck all the shoots for the next week or so, then sit back and watch the buds a swell!

C

caperfarmer902

hey sodalicious,
so what im thinking, is that i let it ve for atleast 1 more week, 7 days from today, if you can notice in the newest photos of the scrog, the two back plants had to me major tucked and bent, and tied down, its kinda bare to the looking compaired to the other plants,
Being that, when i go ahead and enduce flowering, i will let the lights shut off that night at 2am as scheduled like every other night on a 18/6, once the 400watt MH A/C light goes off at 2am, i then plan the leave it out for 36 hours like you said, then when im near the 36 hour mark, and its 8am, i will then put the 400watt HPS bulb in and turn on the A/C light system at 8am like everyother day when the lights turn on, once they are on at 8am, it will run for 12/12 from 8am, to 8pm, then off from 8pm to 8am, then back on and so forth,
So reading this and seeingmy point of view sodalicious, do you think i should let it run for another week to fill up the back plants a little, then do like i said above there, or should i just go ahead and flip tonight when the lights go out, do the 36 hours dark, then HPS and enduce flowering 36 hours from 2am tonight?

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Hey caper, sry I didn't get back to you sooner. I've only scrogged horizontally once so I figured you'd pick up the best info from some of the scrog masters. But in any case, no you didn't want to just let them grow thru the screen, you need to keep push the shoots under until you get it x% full (x depends on your strain). Some are flipping at 60%. I wouldn't go over 80% and I would probably keep pushing the shoots under for the first wk of a 3 wk stretch. At that point your screen should be full and you can let them go for a nice even canopy. Any, they look pretty good - chop and all. Experience is the best teacher anyway bro. Just use your own judgement but remember that you want an even canopy so don't let any growth through until you're ready to let them all go at the same time. Hey, your outdoor looks awesome too. Nice work.

C

caperfarmer902

Thanks a ton darth fader, that means alot coming from you,
from your point of view when do you think it will be time to flip the scrog to hps, i pplan on doing the 36 hours of dark after the lights go out the night i plan to flip, then after 36 hours, at 8am in the morning, when the lights turns on since day 1 of 18/6, so the 12/12 cycle will start at 8am so no stress with lights, does that sound right to you?

C

caperfarmer902

well, when the lights go out tonight in 2 hours, it will stay out for 36 hours, back on after that at 8am with a 400watt HPS IN THE A/C light system, with the light about 1 1/2 ft above the screen, do think i should put it 1ft away from the screen, i cant really find any info on the light distance away from the canoby of the scrog

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Thanks a ton darth fader, that means alot coming from you,
from your point of view when do you think it will be time to flip the scrog to hps, i pplan on doing the 36 hours of dark after the lights go out the night i plan to flip, then after 36 hours, at 8am in the morning, when the lights turns on since day 1 of 18/6, so the 12/12 cycle will start at 8am so no stress with lights, does that sound right to you?

Sure, sounds good. Looks maybe 50% full to me. I might give it 3-5 more days letting it fill out a bit more and then flip. I've done the 36 hours & it worked fine, not sure if it was really any better than going straight to 12/12, but give it a shot. This shit is fun - experiment& enjoy the process.

C

caperfarmer902

yea, that sounds right to me darth fader, thanks again man, i owe yuh on this one, your knowledge is great, and again i thank you for sharing that with me,
Along with everyone else who helped me out along the way, thank you guys so much, this is my firsttime really doing a hydro setup, along with a scrog setup, and even a indoor setup, firsttime for all that, the outdoors now, i grew outdoors years ago when i lived in ontario back in the 80's when i was in my prime, but now im up there, and over the hill, with serious back injuryies from a long life underground in the coalmine.
Being that I now live on the westside of canada, and am a legal medical user for 2 years now, its great, im very positive about the way things are moving along and working out for me here, its great!!

So, hows about an update eh,
I went ahead and checked out the girls outdoors today, I cant say there doing bad, but the foiledge was a bit chewed up from slugs and snals, so I decided to come back home, and cut some round circle copper rings that will go all around the plants premiter of the plants, along with 6cm of sand and salt, this will ensure no god dam slugs on my plants anymore, im scard the bastards will eat my bud when it starts to form in the next few weeks,

Being said that, each Nirvana seed bank, Crystal (White Widow x Northern Lights) plant is reaching over 5ft tall, each plant is just under my neck and im 6ft 2", the plants are just huge, i only wish i could of had them out there for the whole veg stage, and top them alot more then what i did so id end up with plants 4 or 5ft wide, and 5 or 6ft tall if not taller, but owell, next season will be different, you always learn from your mistakes, right?

So covering the slugs/ snals problem, the height of the plants and my mistakes,
I also picked up another Liter each of Grow, Micro, Bloom so i can still continue my advanced nutes PH perfect fertz, with those 2 i might go ahead and pickup a few or 4 more bottles for extra boost in bloom, and even the final flush, to get all the nutes and chemicals out, (another mistake leaned while useing store bought nutes, its cost a shit ton of $$$, so next season goes alllllllll organic, organic for my outdoor plot of over 10 strains, 75 to 100 plants, and organic for my indoor setup, which will consits of a 5x10ft grow tent, with 4x 600watt MH/ HPS aircooled light system, 2x 24 site aeroponic/ fogger systems, 2x 12'' canan fans for aircooled light hoods, each 12" fan having a y connector of 12x8x8, so each light gets equal to a 6" fan, then 2x 8" canan fans with 8" carbon filters for exhaust of the grow room, and 2x 6" canan fans for inline, a 6" for each 5x5 space, then ontop of that i will add 4x 16" oscalling fans, and a complete duel c02 setup, with 1x the solanoid gadge, and valve with duel tanks, so each line from each tank each connected to a 16" oscalling fan on each side of the 5x10 tent, and in one cornor, the c02 gets dispenced, and in the other far end corner the same thing, with the tube connected to the fan. With all that gear setup, im deffently not letting it run on power cords and plug ins, so with the complete package from monstergardens.com, it also includes a complete power board, which has 2x grow room power bars, over 10 different timers just incase, a venilation controller, controlling the temp., humity, fan speed, time that fans are on, has a photoperiod, then the c02 controller, controlling the PPM of the room, the c02 being dispenced, when it kicks in and turns off, and have a photoperiod as well, then lastly the grobot controller, which lets me control everything above, plus the lights, photoperiod of the lights, whats stays on what stays off, when it turns on and off, the ph in my 100gallon Res. for each system, so a 200gallon res. 100 gallons for each 24 site system, and lastly it has 6 webcames to put around the grow room, in my case the tent, and around the grow area, and i can monitor the complete grow room from my computer on the grobot computer system, this setup here i just listed will be setup in my garage with the garage doors bolted down shut, and the doors covered over and bolted shut, the only way in and out of the grow room is threw the main house, and even that door will be locked wit 2 locked just incase.. This is going to be a big and expensive setup, but i already invested into the project by starting to put together the grow room, now with equipemtn but the walls and rooms, I plan to start this project by january 2011, with 3 people going in on this project it going to pay for itself when i get my med for the first harvest. And being so we get our med quick and fast, we plan to do the first 2 harvests with allllll super autoflowering strains, going about 60 to 80 days for each plant, but not doing the autos in the aeroponic system, all the autos will be grown in organic soil, with compost tea for nutes.. ill have to find out what size pots and compost teas ill need for autos but thats down the road yet, first i gotta focus on the grow im going now, then the scrog grow, at the same time, once their done, im getting this setup above listed, and hopefully with enough help ad effort, by the end march 2011, Id like to plant about 75 to 100 feminized strains , outdoor strains, organically outdoors and use the compost tea as their nutes, I know it is alot of work to do such a grow like this, but im working with 3 of the most dedicated people iv ever met for growing plants, im not worryed or breaking a sweat one bit, we got it covered:)

Ok, i kind of went on and on with that one folks, sorry that made me take a few whirls from the bong, haha,
As promised wayyyyyyyyyyy above from this, i will update the photos of the plants outdoors, now i really dont expect people to read all that what i listed above, its only about my future plans for indoor and outdoor plants, for next season, mistakes i learned from and all..
The outdoor plants are in pre-flowering now, an doing great, their photos will be listed first,
The scrog is going awesome, im really glad to call it my own, its like my own child i love it that much, anyways, im letting the scrog veg for another 6 days from today, they will be in flowering real soon,
I have two new member of the family to add here for photos its two little loners i put outside maby 1 month ago, im only expecting a gram or two off these plants, enough for a joint,maby a blunt with the two of them, wel see tho, and thats itt.

Also if you can notice, the outdoor plants all their stems are green, the two smaller plants, the domincan republic plants, the stems on them plants are pure red, dark red, it funky looking, looking really forward to check these out in the near future, so heres some photos for you folks at home to check out, please comment and enjoy the photos. :) Caper!

THE PHOTOS WOULD NOT ADD, I AM GOING TO POST THIS TEXT AND THE PHOTOS WIL BE FOLLOWED ALONG IN A DIFFERENT POST, IF YOUR READING THIS AND THERES NO PHOTOS BELOW, GIVE ME 5 MINUTES AND THERE WILL BE:) :banana1sv6:

C

caperfarmer902

As promised, here as the updated photos of all 10 plants i have outside, notice the red stems on the smaller plants, there the dominicans, and the bigger ones are taller ones are crystals:banana1sv6:

Outdoor photos of plants updated 001
Outdoor photos of plants updated 002
Outdoor photos of plants updated 003
Outdoor photos of plants updated 004
Outdoor photos of plants updated 005
Outdoor photos of plants updated 006
Outdoor photos of plants updated 008
Outdoor photos of plants updated 007
Outdoor photos of plants updated 009
Outdoor photos of plants updated 010
Outdoor photos of plants updated 013
Outdoor photos of plants updated 014
Outdoor photos of plants updated 015
C

caperfarmer902

the update for the scrog will be soon, i want to spend an hour er so fixxing the scrog by tucking and bending the shoots, i will add photos as well, so stay tuned:) please comment on the photos and let me know what you guys think!!

C

caperfarmer902

At this very moment now folks, im fixxing by tucking and bending the scrog and fixxing it up a little more befour her update, I plan induce flowering tonght, when the lights shut off at 2:30am In the morning, i wll unplug the timer for the 400watt MH A/C, and set it to 12/12 for flowering(budding) instead of 18/6 for vegging(growing), Once i have the timer set to 12 hours on 12 hours off, 12/12, i will unscrew the Mh out of the 400watt Aircooled light system, and put in the 400watt HPS in te aircooled system, afer 34 to 36 hours complete darkness, i will turn the HPS on for the firttimeof the scrogs life, and on a 12/12, the scrog will finnaly be into flowering,
Im letting the scrog run with the HPS 400watt for 10 weeks, prior to the 10th week, near harvest, im going to do th flush at about week 8, maby 8 1/2 weeks, leaving 2 weeks of 1 1/2 weeks of flush, for the final 48 hours or 72 hours, im going to leavethe plants in complete darkness, after 48 to 72 hours, the pants get cut down, also the plants will be getting watered with filtered water, and sweet natural sugar, for the last 7 to 10 days of its life, and finnaly when i cut this scrog down and get all the buds ung up on strings, it will dry on he lines for 2 weeks 14 days, untill stems crack, then go on the screens ill have setup, for 14 days, then afer 24 days of drying and first stage curling, im going to put them in the rubbersealed jars (mason jars) for another 14, to 20 days to get awesome 100% dry and curled covered in THC buds!!! Like darth fader said, its an experiment, have fun with it, and thats what i plan to do as well as learn 100% from THCfarmer, or my own exerpriences, so either ay its turning out great, cant wait to flower these buds and get the budding stage underway,

Im going to tuck ad bend a few more shoots on the scrog, then ill update the final photos for vegg for th scrog, after these photos, youll see flowering plants :) :) :) :) :D

Top Bottom