16 plant setup in a 3x3ft grow tent!

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

Veg is done, bring the bloom on:), 36 hours of darkness started lastnight,

Hey folks, alot has happened in the last 2 days with this scrog, and to say the least, im thrilled about the scrog and how its managing out for me..

Lastnight around 2:25am, the 400watt MH light turned off, after1 hour of cooling for the bulb, i reached in with a sock put the bulb in the sock and twisted it off the socket, i then reached for the 400watt HPS light and put that in the socket with wiped it all down to make sure theres no hand smuges on them..

The 36 hours of dark to enduce flowering has begun about 14 hours ago, and still has untill tomorrow morning at 8am to turn back on, right now the tent is all closed up by via the zipper, i have a inline fan blolwing air into the tent, exhaust blowing air out of the tent, and 2 oscalling fans, one for air movement around plants, and the other for the ballast to keep things coool :cool0041:

I must of spent about 4 hours to 6 hours lastnight tucking and bending and thining things out for better growth, let me tell yuh, this is sum had if i dunt say so myself, but its also lets you induldge into your garden and get to know your plants alot more then you do, i counted it lastnight, outside right now i have 10 plants in total, inside i have 16 plants all together, right now i have 26 plants in total, 10 plants being from seed, 16 plants being from clones.

So like i said above there folks, flowering is being enduced now, so the next update for the scrog and the outdoor plants will all be in flowering, the next update for the outdoor plants will be in 4 to 5 days, where the scrog will be updated in about 5 to 6 days, stay tuned folks, the shows just startin:) :banana1sv6:

Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 001
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 002
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 007
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 009
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 010
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 018
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 024
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 025
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 023
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 035
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 034
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 036
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 004
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 045
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 046
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 047
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 048
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 050
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 052
Updated scrog last day of veg and when lights when out for 36hs 049
C

caperfarmer902

hey folks,
Just so you know for yourselfs, my plans on enducing flowering on this scrog,

So far the 400watt light has been turned off since lastnight at 2:30am when the light turned off as regular.., since i am going to enduce flowering and start the bloom on the scrog, i left the lights turned off, and plan to do so untill tomorrow morning when it hits 8:00am in the morning, the lights will turn back on but instead of a MH i am going to have my 400watt HPS light in the light kit, as well as the timer set to 12/12, 12 hours on, 12 hours off..
I was told by darth fader do the full 36 hours, but if i do that when the light schedule will be all messed up, my lights from day 1 of the scrog, has been turned on everyday at 8:00am, and turned off at 2:30am, for a 18/6 light system, now i know it dunt matter when the lights turn off as long as its in the 12 hour mark, but the light has to turn on the same time as it did all threw veg, or it will mess up my photocycle i had going or 50 days now, the next batch of updated photos will be tomorrow when the HPS 400watt A/C light is turned on, which will be day1 of flowering,

so with day1 coming, i can honestly say 10 more weeks to go:):)

C

caperfarmer902

Day 1 of Flowering - Sunday, August, 14th/ 2011

Well its finnaly here, day 1 of flowering, budding stage

The 8 clones, in the DWC hydrosystem, and SCROG, done 30 hours of darkness, i couldnt go the full 36 hours becuase of timing of the lights turning on , if i let it go the full 36 hours then the lights would of turned on either by 3pm in the afternoon, or let it go another 30 hours so i can reach around to 8am in the morning, so ether way the plants could only be in 30 hours of dark, then the HPS 400watt turned on at 8am this morning, untill 8pm tonight.

I will tuck and bend the rest of the tops and shoots through the scrog for the next 4 weeks, i was reading somewhere about scrog, if you get past the first 2 to 3 weeks of bloom in a scrog and its perfect, then it willl grow fine, and good, but if you miss a tuck and bend, or just get plain lazy, then its going to fuck up, and youll have a big mess on your hands, so to save yourself time, alot of time, I tuck and bend and even trim every night, or every 2ed to 3ed night, i never let anything go past 3 days of being untouched...

Lastly, The nutes for the scrog, will be topped off this week, i went and ordered another set of grow micro bloom, for the scrog, and a set of grow micro bloom for the plants outdooors, (Also, I will never buy nutes after this grow again, wayyy to much money, im going organic and making compost teas for nutes and fertz)

Flowering day 1 of scrog 001
Flowering day 1 of scrog 002
Flowering day 1 of scrog 003
Flowering day 1 of scrog 004
Flowering day 1 of scrog 005
Flowering day 1 of scrog 006
Flowering day 1 of scrog 009
Flowering day 1 of scrog 010
C

caperfarmer902

do i do anything special for flowerring under the 400watt HPS scrog? doi up the nutes for better growth or ait untill a week er so?

C

caperfarmer902

Hey guys, im not sure if i have to do anything to help the scrog enduce into flowering, Like i stated on every page of this diary so far,
This is my first indoor grow op, this is my first hydroponic setup of any sort as well as the SCROG, also this is my first time every growing Nirvana's - Crystal (White Widow X Northern Lights),

I know i have a few different phenos of crystal here, and where i took clones off every crystal befour they were planted outdoors, im unsure of what phenos i do have, and if i even got any clones of different phenos in the DWC hydrosystem, i should of labeled the plants when i had the chance, but hey, you learn from your mistakes..

I am useing Advanced nutrients, Grow, Micro, Bloom.. This is all i have to add to m 10 gallon res. So far i started with 10 Mls of grow, micro, bloom with a ph of 5.5 for the first month of its life in the DWC hydro system, then after my last res. change, i toppedit off with filtered water with a ph of 6.0, then 20 Ml's of Grow, Micro Bloom with a ph of 5.5,

I wanted to know if anyone knew any home-made remidees for fertz/ nutes for hydroponic that would work well with Advanced Nuterients, Grow, Micro Bloom Ph Perfect.
Or should i just stick with the grow, micro, bloom untill i start my flush at week 8?

then at week 9 add all natural sweet sugar to the water in the 10 gallon res., Then on week 10, the finnal 48 hours of its life, im going to turn the lights out and leave them out, untill i cut the plants at the netcups and lift the scrog right up out of there and start cutting and trimming my buds.

When its all said and done, im going to be cutting down 10 plants outside for harvest, with 8 plants being crystal all from seed, and 2 plants being dominican republic both from seed.
Then about a month later, im going to be cutting down all 8 Crystal clones from the DWC Hydroponic System, and 3x3ft SCROG, under the 400watt MH/ HPS Aircooled light system, in a 3x3ft Grow Tent.
18 plants total, will be cut down and split up for daytime smoke, and nighttime smoke depending on its potentcey of THC.

Wow, i rambled on for a long time here, sorry for the people who dont like to much text, i try to even out the score for text and photos as much as much as i can here, this is my grow journal, so i plan to post updates, storys, and anything else i can about myself and my medical expericancies with growing marijuana:), thank You.

C

caperfarmer902

well day 2 of flowering today.
Still nothing happining yet, you can telll the clones are growing and spreading out realll nice,, flowering is finnaly heree, i hear that day 20 is the special number, youll be able to see tops from buds at day 20, so well see:)

C

caperfarmer902

Day 3 of Flowering, Tues. Aug. 16th 2011

Hey guys, just a quick update heree on the SCROG, Its doing great and its aucally starting to fill up a little more, on day 5 of the scrog in flowering im going to do the first tuck and bend for the flowering stage..

Its starting to strech a bit now, which is good, but im hopeing that i dont have to cut and tops of shoots off becuase of it being to filled up, im going to try and fix it on day 5 so that each square has its own shoot in it, one shoot per square,..

Also im going to topp of the filtered water line in the 10 gallon res. and also top off the grow micro bloom advanced nutes by day 5 as well..

I have to buy a new hygro/Thermo meter to keep humity and temps in check, an in order.. Also you can notice all the tops or shoots starting to change colour to a brighter green and being to flowering,!!

So this weeks I have new bottles of Grow Micro Bloom, PH Perfect Advanced Nutrients coming by friday. Also Im going to be buying a 60 to 100X Digital L.E.D Scope, and a new digital Hygro/ Thermo meter, 2 of them to keep the temps and humity in check from top to bottom of the grow op. And also some C02 pucks, i ferget the name of the pucks but they last for up to 1 month for 2 to 3 pucks and this box comes with a box of 25 or 50...

So sta tuned folks, lots and lots more updates, info, comment, and photos to come, i might even get videos of the bloom on the farm here to, just to try something different,

but anyways heres some photos here of the girls in their 3ed day of flowering, starting to fillup a lot more now,

- Should I let it grow, and do a trim on the leaves in about a week, or do i let it grow for about a month and do a trim then?

- Do i let the tops or shoots grow a little more or should i start to tuck and bend them though more so i can fill it 100% now that its in flowering, or being that the strech could take 3 to 4 weeks, do i let it grow for one week, 7 days then tuck and bend, then wait another week, and do it again untill the strech is done and buds form?

- Im not sure how to go about the scrog in flowering, i cant find any info on them when their in flowering, right now, my clones are in pre-flowering and the strech is starting to begin in flowering..
Like i said befour i never done this befour in my life, this whole setup is new to me, hydro, indoors, 400watt MH/ HPS, Intake, Exhaust, fans, nutes, DWC, and deffentily SCROG, its alllllll new but im learning, I for sure done my homework on this stuff and read the ins and outs about them, im 100% confident in how things are going right now (knock on wood), its going great, its looks good,

So thats my update folks, sorry if i ramble on, but i try to make up for the text with photos of the grow, every page has photos and also text, so you can see my grow from start to finnish.
Heres updated photos of the girls in the scrog, on day 3 of flowering, hope you enjoy:)

Updated scrog budding stage day 3 001
Updated scrog budding stage day 3 002
Updated scrog budding stage day 3 006
Updated scrog budding stage day 3 011
Updated scrog budding stage day 3 012
Updated scrog budding stage day 3 013
Updated scrog budding stage day 3 016
Updated scrog budding stage day 3 017
Updated scrog budding stage day 3 014
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

on day 5 of the scrog in flowering im going to do the first tuck and bend for the flowering stage..
:sign0065: Dude, I told you at least twice to keep pushing everything under the screen. Why would you let them go for five days in flower? I can see that you've let 'em grow thru and you're just now going to start training them under the screen? If you plan on a 3-4 wk stretch, you need to figure out when you want to let the tops thru. That's your decision based on strain and other factors. But until then, keep filling the screen.

Its starting to strech a bit now, which is good, but im hopeing that i dont have to cut and tops of shoots off becuase of it being to filled up, im going to try and fix it on day 5 so that each square has its own shoot in it, one shoot per square,..

You should never have to cut to tops for being too tall/stretchy. That's why we train them UNDER the screen until we are READY to let them thru. If you're talking about extra shoots - yes, you still want to prune the sucker branches. And you'll also want to strip away everything under the screen.

Do i let the tops or shoots grow a little more or should i start to tuck and bend them though more so i can fill it 100% now that its in flowering, or being that the strech could take 3 to 4 weeks, do i let it grow for one week, 7 days then tuck and bend, then wait another week, and do it again untill the strech is done and buds form?

You want to fill it 100%. Push everything under immediately or they'll just stretch vertically. If that happens don't blame me, I'm trying to help, but I don't know how many times I can say the same thing. If you can't push them under right now, can you raise the screen to get them underneath and train them for another week or two? Otherwise, you're gonna have to chalk this up to experience. You could supercrop or lst any uneven canopy later on.

Im not sure how to go about the scrog in flowering, i cant find any info on them when their in flowering, right now, my clones are in pre-flowering and the strech is starting to begin in flowering..

read scrog journals. icmag has a ton of them if you can't find enough info here. As I stated before, I am not a scrog expert. I would seek out one or two if you want to learn from the guys who are masters. G/L

C

caperfarmer902

:sign0065: Dude, I told you at least twice to keep pushing everything under the screen. Why would you let them go for five days in flower? I can see that you've let 'em grow thru and you're just now going to start training them under the screen? If you plan on a 3-4 wk stretch, you need to figure out when you want to let the tops thru. That's your decision based on strain and other factors. But until then, keep filling the screen.

"Like i said darth fader, this is my first scrog i am marking this one as an experience for myself. its my first time doing an indoor setup, a hydro setup, everything, when you say push everything under the screen, its impossible for me to do so, each branch is tangled along the net now for over 50 days of veg, and 4 days of bloom now, the only way i can manage this scrog now is to let everything keep growing as is, keep the strech going, and when i get to the point where each top has its own square, and its spread out 100%, each top will have its own few inches for growth of buds, I relize how i screwed up now, the scrog should of been taller, where the plants could have grown up into the scrog and instead of the plant itself in the scrog, its should only be the tops of the plants, the branches that should be in the scrog, but like i said my firsttime doing a scrog, so im pretty pleased with myself so far. "

C

CaptainObvious

Hey Caper, here's some Chrystal from way back in the day. It was superb smoke. Some of the best I've ever had to this day. I kept buying more and more and ended up with a few seeds...then ended up making a backcross and have a bunch of seeds now that I will probably use on the next grow. Very excited.

Here's some bud to look forward to :cool0041:
Chrys2

My seeds :icon_animal26:
IMAG0145

Your pix make me think that maybe my Chrys mom that gave me the bagseed was pollinated with a more indica dad. Mine definitely have a more indy look....but who knows, could just be a pheno thing.

Keep up the good work

C

caperfarmer902

Hey Caper, here's some Chrystal from way back in the day. It was superb smoke. Some of the best I've ever had to this day. I kept buying more and more and ended up with a few seeds...then ended up making a backcross and have a bunch of seeds now that I will probably use on the next grow. Very excited.

Here's some bud to look forward to :cool0041:
View attachment 164319

My seeds :icon_animal26:
View attachment 164320

Your pix make me think that maybe my Chrys mom that gave me the bagseed was pollinated with a more indica dad. Mine definitely have a more indy look....but who knows, could just be a pheno thing.

Keep up the good work

woww, thats some great lookin' bud there Cpt. Obvious, and seeds as well:), they say theres a strong gas smelll mixxed in with the smell of bud, wondering if it was the same for you?
Also, im very intrested in those backcrosses or backcross you have made, what strains did you use for the cross, and how did they turn out?
Very Intresting, but great man, thanks for the kind words, hope nothing but the best for you with your grow, or future grow you may have:)
Thanks again Captain Obvious for shareing that with me, mkes me very excitied for the next 2 months untill harvest:),

I Plan to keep the crystal strain around for awhile, right now i have all female clones done up and growing for my next grow, but my plans are to do a cross with the crystal with another high quality strain, for a nice growing, quality yeilding, with smooth taste and smoke as well, and an outstanding medical high from it to top it off, but to do so i would need to find that certin strain which i plan to do in the next few weeks, with lots and lots of research, ill buy some regular seeds in hopes of a male, and sex a nice growing male with a female crystal, with hopes of my stats above there.. but time will tell, who knows in the next 6 months, when i finnaly have seeds with both of my strains backcrossed into one, we could do a seed swap, try eachothers strains and see how they grow,
its always great to get a growers input, and with you Cpt, Obvious, you already grew crystal, and also made a cross with crystal, so you are someone i could really talk to and get help with growing this strain, i have questions on this strain i think some people just cant answer, because they never grew it,
so if you can, and if your willing Cpt Obvious, I could really use your help with a few things? :)

C

caperfarmer902

Day 5 of Flowering - Thursday, August, 18th/ 2011

So were on day 5 of flowering today for the crystal SCROG, the lights went out tonight at 8pm, about an hour and a hafe ago,

I went ahead and filled the SCROG a bit more today, id say it now about 90% full, so with 5 days down, 2 more to go for week 1, I read lastnight that the Crystal strain can strech for 3 weeks max when enduced flowering, so ill keep the tuck and bend going untill week 2 then in week 3 ill train each top to where i want it to grow, nd the budding stage begins...

Now, i understand bigtime where i messed up with this scrog, after reading and understanding over 4 different SCROG journals, I now see how i messed it, i should of let the plants grow into the scrog rather then train the plant threw the net from day 1 and aucally bend the whole stem of the plant in the scrog, but like Darth Fader said, Ths is marked as experience for me, my next scrog will be nothing like this one, im just hoping to still benifit from the scrog rather then have a total bust and get little to nothing.. So with some research and help from you guys, i might be able to pull this off...
Thanks,
Caper

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Sorry if I came across harsh, just seemed like you were asking the same question again and again. I've seen people train on the top of the screen by tying the branches to it with pipe cleaners, so you could always do that to combat the stretch. That & supercrop. Every grow is a learning experience.

C

caperfarmer902

yea, its okey darthfader.. I understand where your coming from, and its hard when your trying to help someone and they seem to ask the same questions, so im sorry if i came across a bit stupid, I hit a roadblock when i was asking those questions, and was unsure what to do... :S ,
but now that im 6 days into flowering :) , i went ahead and done excatly what you said, pipe cleaners and training ontop of the screen with the pipe cleaners, on each clone, i have about 10 pipe cleaners to 15 pipe cleaners holding each branch and top in place to train them to on top of the screen.
Now, when you say supercrop, excatly what do you mean? I never heard the term super-crop befour but am intrested to try what you said there? :)

C

caperfarmer902

Update - Outdoor plants - Flowering 1st mth

hey guys, heres some photos of the plants outdoors, luckly their was no slugs or snals on them, in the past week no sand no copper, i have no idea why theres none, but im not complainin...
Every plant has sticks of buds on them, you can see the bud forming not as much, the swell deffentliy didnt happen yet, but its formiing and thats all that matters aha
Enjoy!!

Outdoor plants updated from 8 24 11 021
Outdoor plants updated from 8 24 11 023
Outdoor plants updated from 8 24 11 024
Outdoor plants updated from 8 24 11 029
Outdoor plants updated from 8 24 11 026
Outdoor plants updated from 8 24 11 030
Outdoor plants updated from 8 24 11 039
Outdoor plants updated from 8 24 11 043
C

caperfarmer902

thanks for the comment drcaligreenthum, more photos to come also my indoor setup with a 3x3ft scrog, the tent is already 10 days into flowering:)

C

caperfarmer902

hey guys, i was wondering lastnight since i posted the photos of the outdoor plants in flowering, im not sure how long their into flowering so far, would anyone beable to look at the photos of the outdoor plants and be able to tell me where they think they are in flowering, for example, 1 month, or 3 weeks im not sure, just wondering if anyone culd tell me?

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

imo looks like 3 to 4 weeks i could be wrong tho
gotta mark that calender lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom