1900PPMS-12hrs-weeks 3-8

• Thread starter YoungDro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

antimatter

I bought most my equipment brand spankin new... i just opted to buy switchable mag ballasts that cost me $90 delivered and threw on $63 Horti Super HPS and cheap ass plantmax bulbs. And to be honest it seems that the bigger buds are the ones nearest the cheap ass bulbs LOL I didnt buy a single thing used except the 50lb CO2 tank and the commercial dehuy, everything else brand new and i have the receipts to prove it. Like i said b4 i sourced only the best and would be willing to show u better than i can tell u. BTW my piece of shit Air-Con with toshiba compressor seems to be running just fine non-stop -Keepz

10k with some stuff used and not mpb, do you have any odor control in there? for 10k thats requires some big filters and maxfans/vortexs for odor. I look at the UCs as alot cheaper then building the mpb's. I start counting the price of a build from the first time in the hydroshop until harvest + veg room for vegging enough plants to fit in a 10k room.

If im gonna have 10 lights burning sealed with ac im gonna have an intake and exhaust sytem as backup and thats added cost. AC/dehuey + Co2 well id pay alot more then $1500 to have that setup especially if the veg room is setup for it as well.

We all look at builds differently but lets not forget Youngdro wanted everything to pull 40lbs out of the 10k that is where this whole argument started lol.

600gph

600gph

Shoot looks like I spent to much on my room....Oh well got it back first round

How do you not count everything from start to harvest....If I have 10k....Probably can only spend 8 of that on the build and equipment because i will probably get 1 - 2 electrical bills for and need to buy all the nutes...2k

I personally wouldn't skimp on the chiller or a/c..One of those goes out during your cycle ...Big trouble...

When I decided to do a vertical DWC it was because I had the $$$$ not to cut corners....

Heat issues because I bought a loud cheap ass wallbanger sucks
Cheap chillers suck
Under powered chillers suck
Not having a sealed room so the odors linger sucks

Never had problems with my cheap connections (until they leak then I will be pissed I didnt buy the more expensive ones)

Ramble, Ramble Ramble

mc

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Here goes the run down...

I'm only doing this because i'm obsessed with getting the most for my money...

11 Hortilux Super HPS $700
11 120/240v mh/hps switchable ballasts $946
11 Hydrofarm all systems cord sets $165 (sunleaves might be cheaper)
11 S to H adapters $44 (not needed with sunleaves cord set)
6 Active Air Wall mount fans $168
Bluelab guardian meter $222
8" max fan $176
1700cfm Phresh Filter $256
Sentinel chhc-1 $510
Spectrapure 200gpd RO $210
CAP co2 regulator $130
Total $3527 and all of it sourced at www.dchydro.com (their website sux but they have good deals)
36,000btu HiSeer or Sanyo mini split $2000 or http://www.thermospace.com/ductless_split/ymgi/3-ton-ductless-split-air-conditioner.php
Full line up of H&G minus shooting powder but adding a liter of magic green $715 sourced at www.hydroempire.com with free shipping
Undercurrent for $1700 shipped and you in the game for
$7942 which leaves you 2k for a commercial dehuey which u can buy used, a 96g Toter i use as a rez for my RO, all the 240 heavy gauge electrical wiring and 2 digital Tork timers. I did all the work between me n my cuz and after it was all said and done we barely went over 10k. Digital ballasts are a waste of money IMO when i can get tried and tested mag ballasts with a 2 year warranty for $87 a piece. And everything looks quite promising in d land of ganja up this way homie!! :joint: -Keepz

G

GBOOST

Sedate..... It has long been my standing opinion that anyone who has to reduce a conversation or argument to being derogatory and talking smack about someone are a brainless fool who's defensive nature will safegaurd them for the rest of their natural lives against ever being wrong as their heads are so far up their own ass, the only opinions their ears can hear are their own. Congrats on confirming the theory.

I didn't say anything that required you to have a crack at me, but seeing as you felt the need, just to point out one but many flaws in your pricing, yet again, the link you gave for CO2 if for an empty bottle and reg, with no shipping and no controller, add shipping, CO2 and a controller, and your at what? $$700-$800? And you still want to run around claiming your king of the world?? And tell me, don't wall AC units exchange outside air so the room wouldn't be completely sealed?

Now we are onto talks of under currents and what the system can operate without and how you don't need X amount of air or water flow. Sure, you can buy the cheapest low grade components out there, skimp on all the finer details just to get the room together, and maybe get one run out of most of your low grade shit you put into it, all you have demonstrated is that you can build something BASED on the mpb setup but with cheap components. IMO what you have illustrated is just a RDWC setup with vertical lighting, not a DD mpb setup.

I really don't care who you are, what you can do, what you can build the system for, or what your opinion of me challenging your pricing is, you go and build your cheap little system and pull some great numbers, best of luck to you. But don't presume to know me, my ability to engineer my own setup which is drastically different to anything else on this forum, or my intelligence just because you value your own self opinion so much:middlefinger

Peace to all the MPB'ers who know what a real mpb setup costs;)

Ozzie

sedate

sedate

GBOOST said:
Sedate..... It has long been my standing opinion that anyone who has to reduce a conversation or argument to being derogatory and talking smack about someone

Whatever you opinion of my posts, I certainly didn't "reduce the conversation."

GBOOST said:
are a brainless fool who's defensive nature will safegaurd them for the rest of their natural lives against ever being wrong as their heads are so far up their own ass, the only opinions their ears can hear are their own.

If defending myself and my ideas from you and antimatter's demonstrably wrong statements - and providing my own linked and supported analysis is evidence of 'having my head up my ass' - then I really think you are confused about who's head is where.

GBOOST said:
no controller

Here is another good example of you unintentionally revealing what you don't know.

See - with a little math - you don't need a controller.

You just need a flow rate - the regulator - and the size of the sealed room - to calculate the needed flow rate for the desired PPM's.

So instead of your wallet, you have to get out your crayons and your pencils.

So six minutes of number crunching saves me a few hundred $$ :evilgrin0040:

GBOOST said:
And tell me, don't wall AC units exchange outside air so the room wouldn't be completely sealed?

Please stop posting nonsense that you can google in under a minute.

Window A/C's recirculate air.

Sure - some designs have shunts to flush in fresh out or pump out stale - but the standard, basic design recirculates air in the interior space while cycling the outside air over the compressor.

GBOOST said:
Now we are onto talks of under currents and what the system can operate without and how you don't need X amount of air or water flow

I didn't say that. I said you didn't need Alita or Hiblow pumps.

Like when you need a watch, you don't need a Rolex.

I didn't say anything about flow rate. I talked about plumbing design and equipment choices.

GBOOST said:
Sure, you can buy the cheapest low grade components out there,

WTF are you talking about?

"Cheapest low grade componets" I mean really?

Hydrofarm air pumps and Danner Pondmaster pumps? These brands are industry-standards.

This is like saying that a Nissan Maxima is a POS because it isn't an Infiniti.

GBOOST said:
IMO what you have illustrated is just a RDWC setup with vertical lighting, not a DD mpb setup

Okay okay. Let me try one:

"Toyota's don't really have steering wheels because Ford Motor Company used the basic design first"

So a Ford has a steering wheel - but every other car has a "vehicle orientation selector."

GBOOST said:
But don't presume to know me, my ability to engineer my own setup which is drastically different to anything else on this forum,

I don't presume anything.

But I can *deduce* lots of things from the statements you've made about the equipment that you have discussed - the comments about pumps and window a/c units and co2 controllers certainly justify these conclusions.

GBOOST said:
I really don't care who you are, what you can do, what you can build the system for, or what your opinion of me challenging your pricing is

Then what did you post all this nonsense for?

E

easypleasie

Could a mod please close this thread? It's completely senseless at this point.

G

GBOOST

Haha!! So you calculate the co2 levels needed huh? Good luck with that bro:nod Hands up who else runs Co2 with no controller?? Nope, nobody. Oh, you forgot to defend your statement of CO2 for under $250 when your link was $275 without freight and filling the Co2 bottle. just to be precise as you feel the need to so be.

I'm out, and could care less, good luck with your projects lol.

Ozzie

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I never would have guessed that stoners can be so freakin sensitive. For a fact, i know i can put an 11k watt grow with a 12 bucket system for 10 stax and all the linx to my sources are included. Have fun tryin to prove me wrong. If it helps any1 source things a lil cheaper cool -Keepz

A

antimatter

I'm only doing this because i'm obsessed with getting the most for my money...

11 Hortilux Super HPS $700
11 120/240v mh/hps switchable ballasts $946
11 Hydrofarm all systems cord sets $165 (sunleaves might be cheaper)
11 S to H adapters $44 (not needed with sunleaves cord set)
6 Active Air Wall mount fans $168
Bluelab guardian meter $222
8" max fan $176
1700cfm Phresh Filter $256
Sentinel chhc-1 $510
Spectrapure 200gpd RO $210
CAP co2 regulator $130
Total $3527 and all of it sourced at www.dchydro.com (their website sux but they have good deals)
36,000btu HiSeer or Sanyo mini split $2000 or http://www.thermospace.com/ductless_split/ymgi/3-ton-ductless-split-air-conditioner.php
Full line up of H&G minus shooting powder but adding a liter of magic green $715 sourced at www.hydroempire.com with free shipping
Undercurrent for $1700 shipped and you in the game for
$7942 which leaves you 2k for a commercial dehuey which u can buy used, a 96g Toter i use as a rez for my RO, all the 240 heavy gauge electrical wiring and 2 digital Tork timers. I did all the work between me n my cuz and after it was all said and done we barely went over 10k. Digital ballasts are a waste of money IMO when i can get tried and tested mag ballasts with a 2 year warranty for $87 a piece. And everything looks quite promising in d land of ganja up this way homie!! :joint: -Keepz

Alot of that stuff is way cheaper than what I pay some of it id be almost double + I got gst/pst to pay, even with mag ballasts Id go over 15k (I don't have any interest in running digitals) but as I said I include everything in the build till harvest + veg room. Can't exactly order online for a grow all cash from the local hydrostore. You definitely got some good deals.

Edit: Another thing whenever I seem to have to make a small trip to the hydrostore or to buy electrical or lumber it always costs me a couple hundred and thats a weekly thing. Running wire is another big expense of mine, I need alot and thats extra cost.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

:very_first_smiley:
LMFAO i know i have a huge set, but its not even an ego thing. It just irks me when i see ppl telling others what they cant do. If ppl dont like to overpay for shit that works and have a safe address, all i did was give them options. -Keepz

Alot of that stuff is way cheaper than what I pay some of it id be almost double + I got gst/pst to pay, even with mag ballasts Id go over 15k (I don't have any interest in running digitals) but as I said I include everything in the build till harvest + veg room. Can't exactly order online for a grow all cash from the local hydrostore. You definitely got some good deals.

Edit: Another thing whenever I seem to have to make a small trip to the hydrostore or to buy electrical or lumber it always costs me a couple hundred and thats a weekly thing. Running wire is another big expense of mine, I need alot and thats extra cost.

These deals are available to any1 with a safe address. Most the sites i use include free shipping and are sales tax free. Not to mention all the gas you'll be saving from having to run around looking for shit. A lil bit of foresight and organizational skills will get most ur stuff delivered within a reasonable time frame. Theres always some chickie i'm smashing willing to let me use her crib and even her credit card to make purchases. Guess i'm just blessed -Keepz

A

antimatter

fuck I can't believe how cheap some of this shit is on that dchydro site, sucks that ordering online for big orders is a nono for me. Your a lucky guy

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

fuck I can't believe how cheap some of this shit is on that dchydro site, sucks that ordering online for big orders is a nono for me. Your a lucky guy

Shhhhh just dont tell no1 LMAO -Keepz

A

antimatter

Shhhhh just dont tell no1 LMAO -Keepz

I literally pay double (except for inline fans + filters), no joke this is disgusting but that dchydro is in maryland, and I am located in BC who knows what the shipping would be. The real nice thing about my hydrostore is I can take anything back anytime and get warranty + the customer service is unrivaled. If only I actually knew someone that didn't grow id have a safe address but I don't lmao..

:sick0026:

sedate

sedate

antimatter said:
I literally pay double

. . . . and you argued with me that long!?

Keepz said:
but its not even an ego thing. It just irks me when i see ppl telling others what they cant do. If ppl dont like to overpay for shit that works and have a safe address, all i did was give them options. -Keepz

Exactly. Folks that call others' out, saying that you can't do this or that - because that person couldn't do it or didn't understand how.

Keepz said:
These deals are available to any1 with a safe address. Most the sites i use include free shipping and are sales tax free

Again - exactly.

Claiming things have to be more expensive because your address is a grow op is utterly ridiculous.

antimatter said:
The real nice thing about my hydrostore is I can take anything back anytime

Must be nice. Shops around Denver have the phrase "NO RETUNS NO EXCEPTIONS" plastered all over the front door/counter.

A

antimatter

. . . . and you argued with me that long!?

Exactly. Folks that call others' out, saying that you can't do this or that - because that person couldn't do it or didn't understand how.

Again - exactly.

Claiming things have to be more expensive because your address is a grow op is utterly ridiculous.

Must be nice. Shops around Denver have the phrase "NO RETUNS NO EXCEPTIONS" plastered all over the front door/counter.

I suppose we agree to disagree and then agree and than we :party0045:

G

GBOOST

To set the record straight, what you have implied to build is not a dd mpb system. Anyone with your level of ingenuity wouldn't be reading DD's ever last word and copying his system, you would use his idea's and make your own. My statement still stands, you can't build a 10 light DD mpb for 10k, as 90% of people out there can't even put one together with pictures and instructions, let alone improvise and come up with something cheaper and easier themselves, just look at the wanted thread on here, a lot of people really have no clue.

You took my post far more personally than it was ever intended, and we were/are arguing on 2 completely different levels. The difference is I didn't insult your ability or intelligence to get my point across. Best of luck to all with their systems, whatever it may be, see you in the grow room:)

Ozzie

600gph

600gph

Each of you should stop arguing and just build a 10k room and bring it over here to compare...

mc

G

GBOOST

I'm in the process of building a 2x 5k and 4 plant setup atm with a flip flop, as well as currently trialling an aeroponics hybrid veg bucket to try and get the roots in the water sooner, I'll have a grow journal up when she is all done;)

Ozzie

Top Bottom