1st grow (Amnesia Haze and Peanut Butter Breath

• Thread starter juanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juanderer

juanderer

Week 5ish, did a prune on both (going by informed intuition as that is usually how I learn anything worth sticking with) the AH is in the larger pot, PBB in 1/2 gal

1st grow amnesia haze and peanut butter breath

1st grow amnesia haze and peanut butter breath 2
1st grow amnesia haze and peanut butter breath 3
1st grow amnesia haze and peanut butter breath 4
juanderer

juanderer

I'd repot the PBB to a 3- or 5-gallon pot.

What size pot is the AH in? IIRC, they're sativa dominant and like to grow tall.
Thanks! I'll look into repotting. I have to confess that it makes me a little nervous to do it because of my inexperience but I'll have to do it at some point so better now than later.

AH is in a 2-gallon pot.

I think regardless of what I do with these; my next grows will be in 5 gal pots.

These are auto-flowers, by the way. The AH is from Blimburn Seeds and PBB from ilgm

juanderer

juanderer

Update as of two minutes ago. I noticed they were getting ready to bloom so I didn't repot.

I was away for almost five days and set up an automatic irrigation system which didn't work as I was hoping it to... It seems they were overwatered initially (maybe a day and a half and then no more (my reservoir still had a half of the water I left in it... maybe a gallon or so) so they were a little sad for a couple of days but they look in great spirits now.

PXL 20231013 221947552

juanderer

juanderer

Question: I've been feeding nutrients for most of the plants' life after the seedling stage. Should I stop and only do water now that it's transitioning to flowering?

Also, is it safe to trim off some of the bigger fan leaves or should I just leave them be until harvest?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
No keep feeding them as needed for the first two weeks you can use grow nutes after that switch to flowering nutes don’t stop feeding unless she had enough and needs a break.

You plants switched to flowering I wouldn’t take anything off not now. It’s not a good idea to take anything off when the plants in stretch mode.

Tuck the fan leaves under as needed.

Also it’s a auto and not many would take anything of a automatic.

Make sure your feeding includes cali mg

Good luck

juanderer

juanderer

I’m impressed no tip burn, no light stress. Obviously they would of done better in bigger pots but imo you’ve done a real good job so far 👍🙂
Thank you. That means a lot. I definitely will do 5 gal pots next grow and will try my hand at photoperiod seeds. The Amnesia Haze grew tall as @LoveGrowingIt predicted. So much so that I had to rig the light to get it as close to the tent's support beam as possible. I also had just jumped the gun shortly before turning the lights off (and a few minutes before your previous post) and snipped the two largest fan leaves. I've been keeping a close eye at her the last few days and she seems to be in a great mood so hopefully I didn't fuck up too badly.

I got really worried after getting back from my 4-day trip a couple of weeks ago when they were pumped a gallon of nutrients/water over a day or two (most of it was in the tent's floor tray) and then the soil was drying out for the next 2.5-3 days due to my watering system mishaps... maybe the added humidity of the runoff helped the plants suffer a little less. They managed to get happy in a day or two.

It's been an emotional rollercoaster for sure but I'm enjoying the ride. 👍

Edit: I was a bit on the fence about the 5gal pots for the next grow because my tent is only 3x3 but I think if I'm on point with the manicuring in veg I can make it work. Maybe even 3 plants... We'll see.

Last edited:
juanderer

juanderer

Also got some Fox Farm soil today for my next grow so I'm thinking about topping off the pots but I'm not sure yet. I'll see how they react to the cal mag first and see if they seem to ask for something else after.

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Mmm gonna follow this one. My neighbor is an old man I picked up some pbb from the shop and smoked him out. He was totally wacked he started panicking and said "this weed is too strong" lit a cigarette and said he had to go inside and lay down i'm just standing there chilling 😆 smoking 2 joints by myself lol

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Update as of two minutes ago. I noticed they were getting ready to bloom so I didn't repot.

I was away for almost five days and set up an automatic irrigation system which didn't work as I was hoping it to... It seems they were overwatered initially (maybe a day and a half and then no more (my reservoir still had a half of the water I left in it... maybe a gallon or so) so they were a little sad for a couple of days but they look in great spirits now.

View attachment 2058199
Often times autoflowers will prepare themselves to bloom when their pot becomes to small. I've heard of people who kept repotting autoflowers and managed to keep them in veg for months, i have yet to achieve this. I think a 3gal would be fine but hey 5 gal just means more bud, can't hurt. I'm not the best grower myself your stuff looks better than my first grow haha

juanderer

juanderer

Often times autoflowers will prepare themselves to bloom when their pot becomes to small. I've heard of people who kept repotting autoflowers and managed to keep them in veg for months, i have yet to achieve this. I think a 3gal would be fine but hey 5 gal just means more bud, can't hurt. I'm not the best grower myself your stuff looks better than my first grow haha
Interesting strategy to keep the veg time longer. I'll give that a shot at some point. I want to try photoperiods and reg seeds next to see how that goes.

I will definitely invest in 5 gal pots and nets and the like for training plants since my tendency is to stick with sativa / sativa-dominant plants because indicas usually put me out cold. 😴

juanderer

juanderer

The AH keeps on growing so I shifted the positions to get it a little farther away from the light. A little bit of tacoing but I don't see any major problems/things to be concerned about (at least to my untrained eye) some dead leaves here and there and maybe a couple that show deficiencies but I'm not too worried (still keeping an eye on how things progress.

The shift somehow made the PBB top cola drop (I thing the tent's wall was helping it stay up) hence why I'm holding it up with my hand. We'll see how it wakes up tomorrow... I might need to stake it up.

PXL 20231027 230209650
PXL 20231027 230229950
bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Anytime you do an indoor run with sativas (typical haze strains) you for sure want to top/fim them.
Interesting strategy to keep the veg time longer. I'll give that a shot at some point. I want to try photoperiods and reg seeds next to see how that goes.

I will definitely invest in 5 gal pots and nets and the like for training plants since my tendency is to stick with sativa / sativa-dominant plants because indicas usually put me out cold. 😴
I love that the plant has many different effects and is able to offer relief to users across a broad spectrum. I myself prefer indicas. I have insomnia, anxiety, depression, and cervical radiculopathy. disc's in my neck don't stay put, they shift depending on my posture when i sleep. 😩 so where my body hurts, depends where the disc's move. Some days it's my left shoulder, next day it's my right. Some days in my back, other days I can't feel my fingers. Those disc's ain't no joke 🙈 but I'm very stoic. Pain is our life coach. Without pain you're basically dead lol. To be alive is to feel pain. If you can get past the pain. It gets beautiful 😍

Top Bottom