1st grow (Amnesia Haze and Peanut Butter Breath

• Thread starter juanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

The AH keeps on growing so I shifted the positions to get it a little farther away from the light. A little bit of tacoing but I don't see any major problems/things to be concerned about (at least to my untrained eye) some dead leaves here and there and maybe a couple that show deficiencies but I'm not too worried (still keeping an eye on how things progress.

The shift somehow made the PBB top cola drop (I thing the tent's wall was helping it stay up) hence why I'm holding it up with my hand. We'll see how it wakes up tomorrow... I might need to stake it up.
Looks good. You could stake it or some people tie a string from the top. I prefer the string I'm always afraid to poke holes in the soil fearing I might break a root. One time I broke a tap root on a giant I vegged out. I was pretty sad, it stayed alive but lost so much vigor

juanderer

juanderer

Anytime you do an indoor run with sativas (typical haze strains) you for sure want to top/fim them.
I love that the plant has many different effects and is able to offer relief to users across a broad spectrum. I myself prefer indicas. I have insomnia, anxiety, depression, and cervical radiculopathy. disc's in my neck don't stay put, they shift depending on my posture when i sleep. 😩 so where my body hurts, depends where the disc's move. Some days it's my left shoulder, next day it's my right. Some days in my back, other days I can't feel my fingers. Those disc's ain't no joke 🙈 but I'm very stoic. Pain is our life coach. Without pain you're basically dead lol. To be alive is to feel pain. If you can get past the pain. It gets beautiful 😍
Great call. I'll look more into topping/fimming and scrogging. It looks like it really can boost things while maximizing space.

Like a friend said while we were high off our minds: the plant will give exactly what you need from her.

juanderer

juanderer

Looks good. You could stake it or some people tie a string from the top. I prefer the string I'm always afraid to poke holes in the soil fearing I might break a root. One time I broke a tap root on a giant I vegged out. I was pretty sad, it stayed alive but lost so much vigor
That's a great point about root-breaking. I had thought about tying since I could use one of the strings that is already there to close the holes in the tent but hadn't considered what staking could do to the roots. 👍

juanderer

juanderer

Big ass autos, I grew autos for a yr and never seen any that dam big. They look good man. Good job, bet your getting antsy now.... All the hard work bout to pay off
Definitely anxious to smoke it. Hopefully it's tasty. I might sample a tad bit before completely curing. 😂

juanderer

juanderer

The AH is officially taller than the light now. It actually reached for the light even though I moved it off it so it almost looks like I didn't move it at all. The PBB did a bit of that, too, so I'll leave it for now because it's almost like it LST'd itself. 🤷‍♂️

AH
PXL 20231028 232440111

PBB
PXL 20231028 232453736

juanderer

juanderer

Big ass autos, I grew autos for a yr and never seen any that dam big. They look good man. Good job, bet your getting antsy now.... All the hard work bout to pay off

I was just saying the same. My auto was like 11 inches tall only 😩 he's doing something right!

Genetics, must be a dam super auto.
I grew autos because they were small and quick and dident have to worry about the 12 /12. Them autos look like photos
Here the last auto I grew....
Genetics and dumb luck, really.

The AH went straight into the 2 gal (A Pot for Pot kit but I bypassed the jiffy pellet and went straight to the soil) as a seedling and it got pretty trunky pre-bloom and it just exploded in growth from there.

I had actually tried growing the PBB in the 2 gal first and a Gelato auto from Herbies (which I'd germinated and planted maybe 10 days prior) in the 1/2 gal using the jiffies on both but they weren't doing so hot so I pulled the jiffy pellets out and tore the film off. At that point I realized the Gelato was pretty much dead so I put a Bruce Banner auto (also from Herbies) to germinate - I had seen a video of a dude that grew a bunch of autos in just red solo cups with ridiculous results so I thought I'd give that a try although my expectations from that were not very high to begin with. I didn't have solos so I put it in a glass and then read that roots don't like light so I tried to warp some tape around it to partially block the light - it still got pretty stunted and it's pretty much a runt and looked plenty stress but it's keeping at it but I don't think it will give more than two joints worth of popcorn buds.

The PBB was pretty stressed, too, but it looked in better shape. It stretched a lot the first two to three weeks because I didn't have enough light for it but once I did it recovered very well and the nutrients helped quite a bit, too. I think it probably cannibalized the dead Gelato baby and maybe that helped it thrive. 🤔

And maybe the AH is doing really well because the PBB took some of the nutrients from the top soil of the 2 gal pot (even though the roots had not made it out of the jiffy) so that helped it to not burn from too-hot soil. Who knows...

I don't think I'm doing much for them to be doing as good as they seemingly are. 🤣

juanderer

juanderer

Here's the Bruce Banner runt in question. About 2' tall. Same age as the PBB and AH

juanderer

juanderer

The hairs on a bunch of the buds of the PBB have started to turn amber.

Does that mean popcorn buds is the best I'll get from it? That's what it's looking like to me. 😢

Top cola:
PXL 20231031 003648077

juanderer

juanderer

Getting antsy to chop this one (PBB) but I convinced myself not to because it looks like it still has at least a couple more weeks to go (am I right?). I don't want it to go full amber because I'd like the high to be the least couch-lock possible. Any feedback on that is welcome.

PXL 20231105 180237871

The AH top cola is looking juicy with only a bit of opaqueness starting to become apparent.

PXL 20231105 180309862

juanderer

juanderer

I can't stop staring at them. 🤣🤣

PBB - I'm expecting another two good weeks before harvest (?)
PXL 20231108 015426326

AH - getting frostier by the minute. I've noticed maybe one or two dark hairs so far. Still a ways to go.
PXL 20231108 020308808

G

GrowingWithTriplets

I guess I have something to look forward to this holiday season. 🤣🤣
Yeah those aren’t the trichomes you’re looking for, those buds still have a bunch of maturing and fattening up/getting frostier to do.

Also, watch them actually touching the light. You should look into super cropping or just tie it down maybe?

Great looking plants tho.

juanderer

juanderer

Yeah those aren’t the trichomes you’re looking for, those buds still have a bunch of maturing and fattening up/getting frostier to do.

Also, watch them actually touching the light. You should look into super cropping or just tie it down maybe?

Great looking plants tho.
Thank you.

That's good to know. The darkened hairs made me think it was close to harvest time but seeing your post and the way the trichomes are becoming more apparent every day I'm slowing my cart down (still can't wait to smoke it but at least I have a better idea of when I'll be able to).

I need to do something about the proximity to the light. I was able to rise it another inch or two and that's about as high as it can go unless I glue it to the tent's ceiling. I'll tie it and pull it toward the wall so the top is farther from the light.

Also just noticed this last night before lights off:

What type of stress does it look like?

juanderer

juanderer

I was able to raise the light another half inch or so and moved things around to get the top of the tall girl away from it. Some leaves look overall more stressed with discolored tips but still nothing (that I can see) to worry about other than the pic above. I plucked some dying leaves at the bottom... mainly just held them in my fingers and they came loose by themselves.

I'll give the plants some TLC tomorrow.

Edit: I've turned the light to 100% since I've gathered that it's a good idea towards the end of flowering. If it's not lemme know. ✌️

Top Bottom