1st grow (Amnesia Haze and Peanut Butter Breath

• Thread starter juanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juanderer

juanderer

Found these photos from September 17 and 19 which was when I put these in the tent. The PBB was around two weeks old and had maybe a week on the other two.

Notice how stretched the PBB was. I put the cracked bean in a jiffy pellet and it was being lit by three bulbs in a vanity. After a couple of weeks or so I stood her up as well as I could but she ended up close to the wall of the pot - not ideal.

The glass has the Bruce Banner runt which has actually made some great progress in the last couple of days (still not expecting any worthwhile yield) and what was the first ever seed I popped (Gelato from Herbies) - I reused the jiffy when I gave up on it ... likely killed by overwatering. I eventually transferred the Bruce to a coffee cup to block the light to the roots but didn't take any care about the soil level or anything like that so the poor thing has undergone a lot of stress which makes me happier that she's doing so well, considering.

I did remove the film from both jiffies as I suspect that also had to do with the death of the Gelato... it seemed to be doing well until suddenly it wasn't.

The Amnesia Haze went straight into the 2 gal pot after cracking.

9/17:
PXL 20230917 182442147MP

PXL 20230917 142339721

9/19:
PXL 20230919 053248465

PXL 20230919 053415801MP

PXL 20230919 053214120
juanderer

juanderer

And these are from Oct 10 after a complete failure of an automatic irrigation system. I was away for 4.5 days and set it up last-minute without testing. My assessment is that they were probably feed a total of a gallon (I don't know how long that might have taken but you can see the green mess in the pics) and then not at all. The PBB seemed the most affected by it as you can see in the photos. I felt so bad but they trooped on to recovery.

The PBB:
PXL 20231010 072215941

The AH:
PXL 20231010 072210658

I'll see if I can get decent pictures of them today to share when I get home.

juanderer

juanderer

Here they are as of a couple of minutes ago.

The AH:
PXL 20231114 002311226
PXL 20231114 002418864

The PBB:
PXL 20231114 002507562MP

PXL 20231114 002519881MP

And the BB - I'm most impressed by this one for the last couple of days. It's made incredible progress. I can only imagine how it would have performed in a proper pot rather than a 12 oz cup:

PXL 20231114 002436674

PXL 20231114 002454199

Last edited:
juanderer

juanderer

Here they are today.

The Amnesia Haze is in the back, away from the light. The Peanut Butter Breath is front right, showing quite a bit of burn on the tips.

Front left is the Bruce Banner runt that has really come along the last couple of weeks despite still being in its coffee cup home. It's propped up to bring it closer to the light - in reality it's about 12"-18" shorter than the PBB.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Here they are today.

The Amnesia Haze is in the back, away from the light. The Peanut Butter Breath is front right, showing quite a bit of burn on the tips.

Front left is the Bruce Banner runt that has really come along the last couple of weeks despite still being in its coffee cup home. It's propped up to bring it closer to the light - in reality it's about 12"-18" shorter than the PBB.
View attachment 2076433
Are you sure that isn't nutrient burn on the short one?

PGwojowski

PGwojowski

Wow okay love all of these photos from start to finish! What a great grow for your first time! These plants still have plenty of time left to flower. Lots of white hairs still. My advice for your next grow is buy some soil specifically mixed for cannabis and just give it ph’d water down to about 5.8–6.2 for its whole life. I used to use fertilizer and nutes but honestly I think it just stressed the plant out and I’ve dealt with way less issues since I just kicked all the nutes out the door. That’s just me though and I’m sure there’s people here who will disagree. Great plants! Loved looking at all the pics!

juanderer

juanderer

Wow okay love all of these photos from start to finish! What a great grow for your first time! These plants still have plenty of time left to flower. Lots of white hairs still. My advice for your next grow is buy some soil specifically mixed for cannabis and just give it ph’d water down to about 5.8–6.2 for its whole life. I used to use fertilizer and nutes but honestly I think it just stressed the plant out and I’ve dealt with way less issues since I just kicked all the nutes out the door. That’s just me though and I’m sure there’s people here who will disagree. Great plants! Loved looking at all the pics!
Thank you! I'd like to eventually just dial in soil mixes and grow organically letting the soil do the work with amendments depending on what different strains might "ask" for. That was my intention from the go but I got a bit nervous at the first displays of stress and got synthetic nutrients and cal mag due to that. Although I also think I've benefitted from using them and seeing how they impact plants. I believe it's good to have them available just in case.

I've already stocked up on a couple different soil mixes, worm casings, mycorrhizal, Epsom salt, coco, and perlite to use in my next grow along with a new light.

I've still got a bit of reading to do to see how best to mix all that to have a good base mix but I'm looking forward to it.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Just to feed something after a water break and see how they react to it.

I figure I can't mess them up too bad this close to harvest. 🤷‍♂️
Makes sense there is potassium in it. As long as its unsulphered you are good. I use blackstrap for my compost teas usually

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Probably some marketing crap, it's unsulphered molasses.
And to my understanding. Molasses doesn't do much for yield on harvest but feeds the microbial life inside the medium. Though they say that you can smell the molasses through the stems and leaves after feeding. People who have overfed molasses to plants say they've seen it ooze out the stems and leaves. Pinkman goo was one specific strain that did it throughout the cultivar and not just a pheno. It was popular though the goo/sap did nothing for yield or potency.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
And to my understanding. Molasses doesn't do much for yield on harvest but feeds the microbial life inside the medium. Though they say that you can smell the molasses through the stems and leaves after feeding. People who have overfed molasses to plants say they've seen it ooze out the stems and leaves. Pinkman goo was one specific strain that did it throughout the cultivar and not just a pheno. It was popular though the goo/sap did nothing for yield or potency.
The plants make a lot of different sugars from photosynthesis and a lot of them end up in the root zone. They have different sugars for different microbes, plants run the soil. Adding sugars messes with their vibe imo

Top Bottom