1st Grow ever. Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeks and White Widow from 13th Axis

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

Ok perfect. I sprayed 2L each with garden sprayer and got maybe cup of runoff or less. In a 3g I should skip at least tomorrow right?
Good shit mane. And it all depends how light your pot is (its all dependent on how much it drinks and good airflow) go lift your pots and feel how heavy they are. im serious go do it. cus youll be guessing if you dont. when its 40 percent lighter feed again.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hah you are so on point and yeah I picked them up a couple times each before then after and big difference. Now I will shoot for about half that less than now to feed again. Bet it takes a day or 2 though. Also bet they gonna be real happy here shortly once roots begin to take. Thanks again my friend
Good shit mane. And it all depends how light your pot is (its all dependent on how much it drinks and good airflow) go lift your pots and feel how heavy they are. im serious go do it. cus youll be guessing if you dont. when its 40 percent lighter feed again.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Day 22 update. Seems any shock I may have caused is coming to an end. They all seem happy although I keep thinking new leaves come out "canoeing" a bit. The White Widows seem to be at least a week behind the Chem Cookies. The Chems definitely look like I should be keeping an eye on them for when to 1st top. I am having a hard time figuring out a few things.

1. When do you consider that they are in veg? I've read that they should be considered such once have 7 sets of "pointy" leaves. Is this correct?
2. When determining nodes so that you can wait for 4th or 5th to 1st top, do you ONLY start counting at fully mature 5-finger nodes?
3. I watered till run-off 2 days ago and the pots are a bit lighter but I would not say 50% or close. Should I skip feeding today and allow to dry a bit more? Or am I now at that time when never should let more than a day be skipped?

Thanks in advance any any assistance much appreciated.

Day 22
Day 22 2
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Day 24 from sprout.

Didn't any feedback so made Exec decision to top the 2 Chem Cookies. Also fed each plant 2L til run-off with 2ml of AN Micro, Grow, Bloom per L and 1.5ml Cal-mag, and 1ml Dr. Williard's Water

2 on left are WW and 2 on right are CC. Back left WW didn't get planted deep enough as others cause roots crumbled on me during transplant. May just prop other 3 up so light is more even to the tops

Day 24 Topped CCs
Day 24
2Bad

2Bad

Day 22 update. Seems any shock I may have caused is coming to an end. They all seem happy although I keep thinking new leaves come out "canoeing" a bit. The White Widows seem to be at least a week behind the Chem Cookies. The Chems definitely look like I should be keeping an eye on them for when to 1st top. I am having a hard time figuring out a few things.

1. When do you consider that they are in veg? I've read that they should be considered such once have 7 sets of "pointy" leaves. Is this correct?
2. When determining nodes so that you can wait for 4th or 5th to 1st top, do you ONLY start counting at fully mature 5-finger nodes?
3. I watered till run-off 2 days ago and the pots are a bit lighter but I would not say 50% or close. Should I skip feeding today and allow to dry a bit more? Or am I now at that time when never should let more than a day be skipped?

Thanks in advance any any assistance much appreciated.
1. your in veg after the first set of true leaves.
2. I think you already topped
3.Skip feeding if they didnt drink that much. What size pots? And hows the airflow ? do all the leaves move slightly?

sorry just seen your posts now..

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

1. your in veg after the first set of true leaves.
2. I think you already topped
3.Skip feeding if they didnt drink that much. What size pots? And hows the airflow ? do all the leaves move slightly?

sorry just seen your posts now..
No sweat brotha and thanks much. Ok so I'm veggin meow sweeet.
Sat- Transplant into 3g
Sun- Fed 2cups each
Tuesday- 1st real feeding till run-off
Friday- 2L each till run-off. Pots were for sure much lighter and felt light. Realized the oscillating fan I have been using is fast drying the fabric pots. I raised it so that it is only blowing on the leaves.

Topped both the Chem cookies "I believe/hope" above 4th node. Now just praying it wasn't too early.
Also clipped 1st leaf off all 4 of them. The leaf that has just 1 serrated finger

Day 24
Day 24 Topped CCs
2Bad

2Bad

No sweat brotha and thanks much. Ok so I'm veggin meow sweeet.
Sat- Transplant into 3g
Sun- Fed 2cups each
Tuesday- 1st real feeding till run-off
Friday- 2L each till run-off. Pots were for sure much lighter and felt light. Realized the oscillating fan I have been using is fast drying the fabric pots. I raised it so that it is only blowing on the leaves.

Topped both the Chem cookies "I believe/hope" above 4th node. Now just praying it wasn't too early.
Also clipped 1st leaf off all 4 of them. The leaf that has just 1 serrated finger
Its fine to dry the pots I was actually taught by @Aqua Man to have a fan pointed at the pots and at the leaves. This round i'm testing without the one pointed at the potsl. His method is amazing but I had to make some adjustments since i'm watering by hand like you. Everything seems good hows the humidity and temp?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Its fine to dry the pots I was actually taught by @Aqua Man to have a fan pointed at the pots and at the leaves. This round i'm testing without the one pointed at the potsl. His method is amazing but I had to make some adjustments since i'm watering by hand like you. Everything seems good hows the humidity and temp?
Thanks again brotha. Interesting about drying out the pots. I can see why you'd want to do that. Maybe it is to combat root rot and pooling down low.

Temps and RH seem pretty solid. I bought temp/hygrometers(12) cause would/will need for curing. I put one in each pot and combined with the probe from the t6 I seem to maintain around 75 temp and 60 RH. I am in Arizona and it is going to get very hot sooner than later. Last night I bought a 14k BTU Honeywell portable AC unit for $120. It is a $625+ unit so couldn't pass it up for near a Bill. It appears to be too large to put in the tent and not waste too much space so I plan to use it like an intake or just cool the shit out of the whole room

2Bad

2Bad

Thanks again brotha. Interesting about drying out the pots. I can see why you'd want to do that. Maybe it is to combat root rot and pooling down low.

Temps and RH seem pretty solid. I bought temp/hygrometers(12) cause would/will need for curing. I put one in each pot and combined with the probe from the t6 I seem to maintain around 75 temp and 60 RH. I am in Arizona and it is going to get very hot sooner than later. Last night I bought a 14k BTU Honeywell portable AC unit for $120. It is a $625+ unit so couldn't pass it up for near a Bill. It appears to be too large to put in the tent and not waste too much space so I plan to use it like an intake or just cool the shit out of the whole room
Idk if it matters much but for VPD I like to keep my humidity at 45 when my temp is 75 take a look here https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana .com/growing/cannabis-vpd-chart/

edit: take out the space before dot com

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Idk if it matters much but for VPD I like to keep my humidity at 45 when my temp is 75 take a look here https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana .com/growing/cannabis-vpd-chart/

edit: take out the space before dot com
ahhhh tbh I read a few articles and watched a few videos but still didn't and don't feel have full grasp of it. I can't figure out how to calculate it but for sure have been keeping RH up way higher than that through seedling. I think I I should follow you and start dropping down from 60+ to where you are at. Unfortunately even with 5 meters keeping temp and RH, they all read differently so I just go with the median as roughly where I'm at.
If you don't know how to accurately calculate your VPD then your only other option is to wait to see if you have a deficiency that appears to be related to it?

2Bad

2Bad

@Moe.Red what do you think his humidity should be for 76 degrees ? I know you know vpd better then me

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Trying to catch up, pics in post 27 is where we are now? And you are trying to understand VPD because you are seeing some issues? I scrolled back a few seems like maybe you just want help understanding environmental setpoints?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

thanks much brothas @2Bad and @Moe.Red I guess I am so confused about VPD that I thought it was something of a "deficit" that you could create with the wrong conditions. No joke I thought that by sucking way more air from then tent that I put in, that the "deficit" was the difference in actual humidity present in the air vs what the plants are able to use. It is ok to laugh now

I just want to give these girls their best shot. This is day 25 and the 2 on the left are the white widow and rights are chem cookies. I transplanted them to these 3gs a week ago today. They got a full feedings of 2L each yesterday and that makes the hygrometers show way higher RH than it is. Each day I catch temps raising above 75 and RH 60+ even with oscillating fan on them. It seems hard to maintain accurate temps but what would you guys say I should be shooting for 25 Days in?

Topped Chems yesterday
Widows on left are both taller cause they went anything but where I meant to transplant them. The roots crumbled on me once solo cup was off upside down so they aren't transplanted as deep as cookies are. The front left one was really bad and is much taller so I put a book under the other 3 so they are more even to the light. Widows I think I can safely top this week

20220211 190746
20220211 190753
Day 25
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

The White Widow that got banged up the most during transplant had to have gone through the most shock. This is her 3 finger leaf. I cut the 1 finger leaves off all 4 plants yesterday. This is the worst leaf I have and can't tell if it is nute splash or what but should I cut it off since I plan to top and LST anyway? Do I want plants energy going towards repairing/keeping this leaf set alive when it for sure will get clipped anyway? New growth looks ok to me comparatively so would love yalls though and thanks in advance

20220212 144943
20220212 145043
2Bad

2Bad

Na it needs its energy don’t cut it , and @Moe.Red what should humidity be at for young plants in veg be at 76 degrees

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

VPD is a measurement of the potential for plants to breathe in layman’s terms. It is not vital to understand it completely as you start growing many great growers ignore this and just sorta read the plants but make no mistake they are dealing with vpd like an engine mechanic deals with combustion. They never actually touch it or see it but everything they do serves it.

there are tons of threads out there on VPD.

what controls we have on VPD are leaf temp and humidity. In early veg you want higher RH and as you grow and flower it needs to drop.

If you can’t measure leaf temps or can’t adjust temp or RH you just need to try to keep things in the range as best you can. Take a look at the thread and see if it answers your questions

2Bad

2Bad

VPD is a measurement of the potential for plants to breathe in layman’s terms. It is not vital to understand it completely as you start growing many great growers ignore this and just sorta read the plants but make no mistake they are dealing with vpd like an engine mechanic deals with combustion. They never actually touch it or see it but everything they do serves it.

there are tons of threads out there on VPD.

what controls we have on VPD are leaf temp and humidity. In early veg you want higher RH and as you grow and flower it needs to drop.

If you can’t measure leaf temps or can’t adjust temp or RH you just need to try to keep things in the range as best you can. Take a look at the thread and see if it answers your
What do you u consider higher rh though for early veg. I’m trying to see at 75 temp is 45 humidity good or more, I’m asking for me

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Man @2Bad if I even get to flower I will be surprised lmao I'm pretty sure I have been giving these girls half the nutes I intended to until today. I was giving half of what they say to give to 3-4 leaf plants. I am actually pretty good at math which makes this worse. Using a vitamix pitcher for measuring things out probably isn't helping 😆😢
In other news they all got 2L till run-off again today and I topped the 2 Widows. I thought about waiting for another node but said YOLO cause they growing verticality and thinner than the chem cookies.

Feeding this much this often just took my humidity issue and flipped it 180. Is it normal in early veg when feeding every other day and soon daily, to no longer need to supplement humidity? Between run-off under the pots, the wet surface of the medium, and what the plants give off, I am already thinking I need a dehumidifier stat

Top Bottom