1st Grow ever. Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeks and White Widow from 13th Axis

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

Man @2Bad if I even get to flower I will be surprised lmao I'm pretty sure I have been giving these girls half the nutes I intended to until today. I was giving half of what they say to give to 3-4 leaf plants. I am actually pretty good at math which makes this worse. Using a vitamix pitcher for measuring things out probably isn't helping 😆😢
In other news they all got 2L till run-off again today and I topped the 2 Widows. I thought about waiting for another node but said YOLO cause they growing verticality and thinner than the chem cookies.

Feeding this much this often just took my humidity issue and flipped it 180. Is it normal in early veg when feeding every other day and soon daily, to no longer need to supplement humidity? Between run-off under the pots, the wet surface of the medium, and what the plants give off, I am already thinking I need a dehumidifier stat
I was told not to leave the saucers with water under the pots because it creates a micro climate sometimes I leave it tho it’s not a big deal to me

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I was told not to leave the saucers with water under the pots because it creates a micro climate sometimes I leave it tho it’s not a big deal to me
Glad you brought that up cause I thought the same. This is very early veg and soon enough I will be giving them a ridiculous amount daily. I recently upgraded to these saucers cause I can easily empty them or shop vac em

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Nice plants try to relax and enjoy yourself its really hard to kill this weed
appreciate that. Day 26 and still alive. All 4 are now topped and I'm hopin for the best. I don't know how to clone but if I did Chem Cookie #1(front right) for sure would take the cake. I think she could become a monsta

Day 26
2Bad

2Bad

appreciate that. Day 26 and still alive. All 4 are now topped and I'm hopin for the best. I don't know how to clone but if I did Chem Cookie #1(front right) for sure would take the cake. I think she could become a monsta
How do you empty them? U would have to life the plants off?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

How do you empty them? U would have to life the plants off?
Yeah I just waited an hour or so after they stop dripping then take pot and rack out of saucer and dump that in sink. Feeding 2L each has been giving me about a pint of runoff. I'm going to give one more "small plant" strength feeding manana then gonna treat them as mature from then on with full nutes

2Bad

2Bad

Yeah I just waited an hour or so after they stop dripping then take pot and rack out of saucer and dump that in sink. Feeding 2L each has been giving me about a pint of runoff. I'm going to give one more "small plant" strength feeding manana then gonna treat them as mature from then on with full nutes
As long as you can vacuum but that's got to be annoying. if you get more I will suggest helper shelf (16inch long) or lowe's style selection i think its called just a bit shorter in length.. that was you can slide a saucer underneath and thats it. the shorter ones slide easier on the tent mat I will admit.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

As long as you can vacuum but that's got to be annoying. if you get more I will suggest helper shelf (16inch long) or lowe's style selection i think its called just a bit shorter in length.. that was you can slide a saucer underneath and thats it. the shorter ones slide easier on the tent mat I will admit.
Yeah I can see how it will become a shitshow no matter what I do. Having a grow upstairs, on carpet, in a office spare room has it's disadvantages for sure.

Day 28 update, 1 week through Veg

All 4 girls are topped and seem to be responding well. Trying my hands at some basic LST as well. Really cool to see how tucking and folding larger leaves makes so much more room for new growth sites. Now I'm just trying to figure out if I should plan to train them all in a circle or not.
Fed again today but raised nutes to between "small plant" and "mature" amounts. Fed 3ml per L of AN nutes and 2ml of cal-mag. They all got 1L and will give them another 1L later today. Plan to skip manana then move to full strength nutes every other day for a week then daily and I'm sure some time 2x daily 🥺

Day 28
2Bad

2Bad

Yeah I can see how it will become a shitshow no matter what I do. Having a grow upstairs, on carpet, in a office spare room has it's disadvantages for sure.

All 4 girls are topped and seem to be responding well. Trying my hands at some basic LST as well. Really cool to see how tucking and folding larger leaves makes so much more room for new growth sites. Now I'm just trying to figure out if I should plan to train them all in a circle or not.
Fed again today but raised nutes to between "small plant" and "mature" amounts. Fed 3ml per L of AN nutes and 2ml of cal-mag. They all got 1L and will give them another 1L later today. Plan to skip manana then move to full strength nutes every other day for a week then daily and I'm sure some time 2x daily 🥺
I use the plastic mil sheets for my carpet in my grow room. I also use a hand broom it can sweep up soil off carpet easy.

2Bad

2Bad

is there a lizard in your right bottom plant in the picture am I seeing things

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

is there a lizard in your right bottom plant in the picture am I seeing things
😆 good eye but no it is a hippo figurine from like 40 years ago. Hoping it is good luck charm that helps thwart pests 😆

2Bad

2Bad

😆 good eye but no it is a hippo figurine from like 40 years ago. Hoping it is good luck charm that helps thwart pests 😆
Rule of thumb for me is filter the a/c vents in my room with panty hose and then I just make sure I don't walk in the grow room after coming from outdoors for 10 minutes. Been good for me !

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Rule of thumb for me is filter the a/c vents in my room with panty hose and then I just make sure I don't walk in the grow room after coming from outdoors for 10 minutes. Been good for me !
Good call. Gonna ask the lady for a pair later this eve 👍

2Bad

2Bad

Hey so I was taught today that the Ilgm vpd chart I posted here is incorrect , most other charts say 60-65% humidity at 75F

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey so I was taught today that the Ilgm vpd chart I posted here is incorrect , most other charts say 60-65% humidity at 75F
all good brotha. I'm either gonna pull this off or die tryin. I've actually been going without humidity aside from every other day for a couple hours here and there. They seem happy

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Early week 2 Veg update.

All seems well albeit no experience to compare it to. All 4 are responding well to being topped and the chem cookies new tops are already showing new nodes. They are tied down and already past the edges. For now I just keep trying to tuck any larger leaves beneath smaller ones. Next feeding will start full nute strength

20220217 165831
20220217 165838
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Seem to some "blueing" on the newest most geowth from where I topped. Seems to be just on the Chem Cookies. Deficiency or abundance of something? Hmm

20220217 210641
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Topped Cookie and Coco for 2nd time, YOLO. Don't think Charlotte or her sister are ready yet

20220218 201125
20220218 201142
20220218 201120
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Topped Charlotte for 2nd time yesterday. Once I clip Candy tomorrow all 4 girls will be at 4 tops. Think I may just do it once more though for 8 per girl.
Feeding daily with full nutes now and they seem to be out of control with growth. I'm early on in learning how to play tetris with the leaves and stems but am starting to see what I should be doing along with how and why. Actually find it a bit therapeutic and treat it like a game. Large fan leaves are the enemy and must be configured so new growth sites get max light. Sites that grow too fast are called "Advanced Placement" and must be restricted/held back so as to keep pace with the rest of the class 😆

20220220 152812
Top Bottom