1st grow on the farm. Deathstar and LA confidential

• Thread starter midwestdensies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Really impressed with the organic totes I did. The smoke is incredibly tasty, head crushing and has such great density. I never really fucked with soil ever especially super soil with just teas. I have to be honest I had no idea how to treat it and imo soil is the hardest way to grow there is due to the lack of control with the soil food web and how things break down to feed the roots. The deathstar needs to go 70+ to really get the notes out of her. I honestly didnt get it like I wanted but both are pretty decent. I have gavitas now in the new room and drywall is being installed finally. Be prepared for some crazy shit tons of cookies in the oven as well.
MWD

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

I can feel the excitement in the air, its about to blow up around these parts MWD. Lookin' forward to the Gavita build out to spec you'd mentioned. Got my crate n ashtray ready for the party, Peace Shiva

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

What's up farmers, have a lil update for this log. Things are growing nicely and a lot faster, which is really nice.

The deathstar mom has been transplanted into a 5 gallon smarty with botanicare coco moisture formula, some ancient forest, bio char, frass and ewc. Shes looking real pretty and ready to put out in the next couple weeks but took 3 cuts off her for now.

Also took 9 cuttings off the LA mommas, they should be transplanted in a week or so. The moms are under a 1000w mh hortilux in the flower room which will be switched up when clones are ready and hopefully a veg room build out to follow. View attachment 254018View attachment 254019View attachment 254020View attachment 254021View attachment 254022
I have that same BBQ! I like what you have going on! I thought that I had the DS, but it ended up being fake.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I have that same BBQ! I like what you have going on! I thought that I had the DS, but it ended up being fake.
Thanks man. The run went well Ilike the cutting myself that sucks you had a fake.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Thanks man. The run went well Ilike the cutting myself that sucks you had a fake.

It ended up being Giesel, so it didn't suck too bad. The bud turned out nice. Do you let you DS go 70 days? Do you have any pictures of it in full bloom? I'd love to see them if you dou. I've been hot for the DS for a while now.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

It ended up being Giesel, so it didn't suck too bad. The bud turned out nice. Do you let you DS go 70 days? Do you have any pictures of it in full bloom? I'd love to see them if you dou. I've been hot for the DS for a while now.
Yeah bro page 4 the shit is raging if you didnt get a look I brought them in the house to trim in the new year with the dogs. There will be a dried shot macro coming up but my camera skills are lacking and my bro needs to get over and then this log is donzo.

I think I documented it alright but if you need additional pics or anything info but the macros should help. Not a bad loss overall with the giesel for sure. Hope you get that cut youve wanted soon.
MW

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Looking good over here bro. Hope you had a good Christmas just read about the new crib .good luck man . just moved my LA con into flower
Thanks man. Yep all done and like Jay Z on to the next one. Im a big fan of LA COn after having this crazy indica pheno with og nugs on it. The house is being termite tented now and will be moving in soon expect cookies growing on walls vertically with a hempy type bucket holding another huge dstar plant..
MW

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I don't know how I missed those! Those plants looked amazing! Did you do the live stream on NYE or were you listening to some old shows?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I don't know how I missed those! Those plants looked amazing! Did you do the live stream on NYE or were you listening to some old shows?
Ha no worry bro. I was supposed to be in either tahoe or sf for nye but just said fuck it and got work done ahead of time and went later less stressed. I just streamed some phish and crushed some bourbon with couple fam members and dogs. Really fun with loads of scissor hash and keif. Be checking back for the dried shots my bro does his thing photog wise.
MW

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Any update on the macros?
oh shit you know what i will get some up this week sorry for lacking. I just suck with cameras. My bro is a damn genius but hes very busy lately and I think tonight we need to just kick it like bros and toke up some bubble while taking pics. Thanks for reminding me ftwendy!!

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Nice rooms and flower shots.. can't wait to see what you do with the new room. !
Thanks so much man. It was alot of new change for me the past 6 months getting established here especially downsizing dramatically my grow space but things are looking great for the new year. Just wait for my actual room the gavita room is one I over see and partnered in on.

MW

ESER.ONE

ESER.ONE

Shit I bet it was hard specially with the move.. just read the whole thread bro. Dogg your set up and how you improve on it. Not to mention you make the best out of what you got.. I can't wait to see the cookies in full bloom.. what other gems you running with the cooks this next round..? I seen your other thread too where the rooms are being built. Nice!! Nice!! How you liking the west so far..??

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Lets see I have the dstar, LA con, firedog, tahoe alien 1 and 4. I really need to replace this LA con with a real nice og so hoping to find one here soon. The aliens are really dope and I have a log with those on here but werent given full justice due to some unforseen circumstances. One is outside now and one in a tester cab they look kill but will determine which I like better after this run.

There will also be a log with some random bean poppings going on as well but I have a few going already to throw in the perpetual harem hideout.

Cali is the shit I live close to my family now but sacrificed starting over completely there was no attachments just my dog and what fit in my 4 door... Now I can walk into my backyard and grab every fruit I want nearly growing in my orchard in the winter as well as flowering some aliens now, blows my mind!!... Living in the valley and in the middle of the mountains its beautiful with a 15 minute cruise to malibu beaches. I wouldnt trade this shit for anything but see myself moving into ojai or santa b in truth sf is where my hearts at when I get a little greyer. Thanks for stoppin by es1 stay up bro!!!

MW

Afghi420

Afghi420

I was wondering about the pheno's with the LA Co... Does anyone know how many pheno's LA Con has? I think i read somewhere it has 2.. I just started a dozen seeds a couple weeks ago, just moved them into the grow room the other day.. I kept 8 for myself and gave 4 to a friend. Im sure i am seeing 2 different pheno's already. They both have fairly wide indica style leaves, but a few of my plants have that true afghanica style leaf, very wide almost round. Does anyone know if the fatter leaf pheno is the better one? It would be nice to know before i have to do the smoke test which pheno is the better one.. These plants are very eager to grow.. I started them out in a dome tray and when the seedlings were maybe 2 inches tall or so i took them out of the tray to put into cups, i used a couple inches of perlite in my trays and when i took the baby seedlings out of the tray they had a huge mass of bone white roots that were half a foot long on a few of the plants. Im pretty excited to try the LA Confidential, i have been trying hard to find a very strong indica with a strong couchlock stone. I have heard the LA has a piney type smell, but i seem to be smelling the old school ( what i know as) Afghi smell coming off them already.. The only other plant i have ever grown that smelled very strong even in early veg form was an old school afghi i grew over a decade ago.. Which happened to be the strongest weed i have ever smoked, not to mention the best and strongest smelling weed i have ever had.. Anyway, any info on the different pheno's produced by the LACon would be great, thanks.
LAConDay1

ftwendy

ftwendy

Ahhh... california dreams... stories like your's (family, fresh fruit, frosty nugs, and being footloose) make me yearn for some adventure. Sounds like things are where they need to be.

Congrats bro - I'm sure none of this is by mistake. Cheers! ftw

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Ahhh... california dreams... stories like your's (family, fresh fruit, frosty nugs, and being footloose) make me yearn for some adventure. Sounds like things are where they need to be.

Congrats bro - I'm sure none of this is by mistake. Cheers! ftw
It feels like it now but trust me Ive had a fucked up life turned 30 recently just feeling honestly blessed. Shit was so many roads.. but when I get up I'll fly away, you know..

Thank you so much!!!!!!
MW

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I was wondering about the pheno's with the LA Co... Does anyone know how many pheno's LA Con has? I think i read somewhere it has 2.. I just started a dozen seeds a couple weeks ago, just moved them into the grow room the other day.. I kept 8 for myself and gave 4 to a friend. Im sure i am seeing 2 different pheno's already. They both have fairly wide indica style leaves, but a few of my plants have that true afghanica style leaf, very wide almost round. Does anyone know if the fatter leaf pheno is the better one? It would be nice to know before i have to do the smoke test which pheno is the better one.. These plants are very eager to grow.. I started them out in a dome tray and when the seedlings were maybe 2 inches tall or so i took them out of the tray to put into cups, i used a couple inches of perlite in my trays and when i took the baby seedlings out of the tray they had a huge mass of bone white roots that were half a foot long on a few of the plants. Im pretty excited to try the LA Confidential, i have been trying hard to find a very strong indica with a strong couchlock stone. I have heard the LA has a piney type smell, but i seem to be smelling the old school ( what i know as) Afghi smell coming off them already.. The only other plant i have ever grown that smelled very strong even in early veg form was an old school afghi i grew over a decade ago.. Which happened to be the strongest weed i have ever smoked, not to mention the best and strongest smelling weed i have ever had.. Anyway, any info on the different pheno's produced by the LACon would be great, thanks.
View attachment 286013
The one you want is the shorter pheno with huge leafs. It can purple some later if a little cold is induced. It will grow strait up og nugs on an indica structure and maybe stretch 2 x thats it. Its really frosty and the leaf resembles bubba. I think they used the la affie as the mom in the cross which correlates the structure, stone and huge leafs.
MW

Top Bottom