1st hydro canna coco grow

• Thread starter Tsunami Rose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Correction, my room doesn't actually get above 70,its been staying around 68 with the lights on.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
That's a pretty low temp for lights on Nami... Is there any way to increase it to at least 75 deg? :wondering

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Yea, I could turn my a/c off, and/or up a little. But i feel like it's a lot warmer under those parabolics than it is in the general room., so idk...

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Thanks Lead!

*** what are the ideal night temps?
I dont actually monitor/record my room temps but they stay between 60-78f, night/day so they do usually have a good 10-15 degree fluctuation daily. I do record my reservoir temps tho, and they stay between 67-69, 68f being ideal.

BTW, im only using CANNA products w/ my hydro. (Jacks, Purple Kush, Bubba kush)
Soil is Old School Purple Kush & Purple Mr Nice.

I never used the guardian MY :/, but i think my girls are doing good, & im not flushing with anything except RO in the hydro trays., I will use some sensizyme(?) the first week of flush with the soil tho.
I am running my 1000wt OSPK (soil) w/ Bud candy & the 600 wt (soil) OSPK w/ carboload & i absolutely cannot wait to see the difference.
& I will start using the overdrive on the soil as soon as it;s ready. 54 day strain, day 34, is it too late?! Im going to feed tomorrow. I will add it to my feeding schedule.
The run off from my trays goes back into the res so there is no waste, and I check the pH/ppm's of the reses every day or other day.
&& thankfully now most of the hard work is done! Pretty much just waiting to start havesting in 20 days or so :D

All sounds good, I kina figured you were using canna with the dro and other feed with the soil.
Generally night temps should be within 10 degrees of the day temps.
Yes you can still boost em w overdrive.
Use week 6 and 7 which is day 36 to 49. then water till harvest.
Look like your close to the home stretch!

Yea, I could turn my a/c off, and/or up a little. But i feel like it's a lot warmer under those parabolics than it is in the general room., so idk...
Shady is on point, good idea to check the temps under the hoods where the plants are.
Plant canopy is good start of where to take a temp reading.

Gotta make sure the girls are comfy. Enviroment is very important.

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

&& Now the problems begin :[

Problems!
-Mites. :[ ughhhh! got some lady bugs.

-Powdery Mildew.
Turned my Dehuey all the way to 20% so hopefully I can suck all the moisture out quick while the lights are on. I picked up some Bi-carb old fashioned fungicide (potassium bicarbonate soluble powder) at the grow store today, so Im going to finish picking all the leaves with PM on them off & then spray with a solution tmrw about an hour before my lights turn on. I also turned my A/C down to like 61, rooms still above 65. Hopefully I can kill this shit before it gets too bad! Oh yeah, and im going to put another couple fans in my room for more airflow after I spray --to avoid spreading the PM spores.

Update:
Old School Purple Kushes are turning purple :] they've got about 10 days left, I;ve started flushing them :]

Bubba Kush- has most of the PM, Im going to start flushing them tomorrow.
Jacks look great. some are maturing a little faster than others.

10 or so more days and Harvest begins :D :harvest:

Any one have any suggestions or ideas on what to do since Im so close to harvest ?!!!?!!?!?
Peace, Love & Happy Farming
-nami

p.s. sorry i will post some pics soon, im being a lazy ass stoner.

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

That's a pretty low temp for lights on Nami... Is there any way to increase it to at least 75 deg? :wondering

As soon as I raised temps PM started in :[ Back to freezing my bitches.

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Small pic update

All the Old School Purple Kushes under the 600 watt HPS

&& the most purple girl

&& one of her colas

They're starting to be flushed, on day 45, so about 7-10 more days and im going to chop. Hopefully there is some more bud swell. They aren;t yielding nearly as well as the OSPK under the 1000watt HPS. Also, I used Carboload instead of bud candy with these girls.
Ill take some pix of my other room later after I do some cleaning. (PM & dead lady bugs)

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Sorry to hear about the problems.
Cold temps may have helped keep the mites stay dormant, then they may have surfaced when you raised the temps. Cold temps will help to slow down there reproduction of mites

sns217 can be used as a spot application to try and keep the mites at bay. Just try and spray on the leaves rather than flowers.

As far as mold I have been fortunate to not experience it in flower.
good idea to clean and sulphur burn in-between runs as a preventative.

Sorry I do not know a safe treatment for pm at this stage in flower. Maybe someone else can share?
Good luck!

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Picture Update

Day 51: Old school purple kush (under 600 watts.)

Day 49 for the rest of the pics
Jack herer ( It looks way more crazy in there than it really is.)

I tried some bud swell techniques & thats why some colas are bent (&swoll)

Purple Kush

Bubba Kush

Purple Mr Nice

Old School Purple Kush (under 1000 watts.)

Starting to flush all my bubbas tonight & going to harvest the Old Schools on the 13th most likely. then the bubbas. then maybe another 10 days for the jacks. but only they will tell me.
Sorry again about the shitty picture quality & the lack of updates. Please ask any question.

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Wonderful News! :]

So I had a "senior farmer"/ strain enthusiast over tonight & he said that there are hella different strains amongst my soil plants, which include Purple Urkle, GDP, & the old school purple kush. Eeek im soo excited! :] Had to share.

O

oldschoolgenes

im glad to see everythings turning out! been a while and pics dont really do it justice. the purples are so dark. yum! good job nami miss ya.

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Miss me? I assume your someone who has my number & knows me? So call me :)
Almost done w harvest I've been such a slacker cuz of school & moving. I'll take some pics of finished product. The jacks are amazing! Cant wait til it's cured !!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom