1st time grower. How am I doing? Any suggestions?

• Thread starter Vegavin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vegavin

ok, how is bottom of the pot? can you stick a fingre in and see how moist it is? if its moist/wet than don't water.
I cannot stick a figure in it. Your observation is correct. It is a lot dryer than I thought. It's a huge pot, maybe 15 or 20 gallons, How much water?

Reactions: PK1
Dothraki

Dothraki

This thread is going to end with a picture of Tom Hanks holding a CO2 scrubber. I’m in....100%

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I cannot stick a figure in it. Your observation is correct. It is a lot dryer than I thought. It's a huge pot, maybe 15 or 20 gallons, How much water?
i think its going to be about 2 to 3 gallons. Whatever amount of volume it is, i rather have you do half gallon at a time with 20 min break in between until you get run off. This might be good to do it through out the day if its night time right now. Also, i want you to water 3" from the outer ring and go towards the plant. We want the roots to grow and search for food. so just feed/water the outer ring until run off. than you final half gallon is going to be on the inner ring of your watermark. This will make the plant sink into the soil.

Capture

What did you say your last feeding ppm was? also, remind me what the light intensity and height was at.

V

Vegavin

i think its going to be about 2 to 3 gallons. Whatever amount of volume it is, i rather have you do half gallon at a time with 20 min break in between until you get run off. This might be good to do it through out the day if its night time right now. Also, i want you to water 3" from the outer ring and go towards the plant. We want the roots to grow and search for food. so just feed/water the outer ring until run off. than you final half gallon is going to be on the inner ring of your watermark. This will make the plant sink into the soil.

View attachment 1194326

What did you say your last feeding ppm was? also, remind me what the light intensity and height was at.
Funny, I watered exactly as you described before I got this message. However I only put in 1.5 gallons. I wasn't sure how much saturation there should be. photos to follow. I'll ad more water today.

V

Vegavin

I have not received growers tool kit yet. Do not know ppm. Light is a Spider Farmer SF1000, not dimmable. About 19" from highest point on plant to light. Light is at top of tent.

V

Vegavin

Here are the clones. I have 12. All stem base's were roughed up and coated with Take Root. Watered in. I won't have second tent until end of week. So I put clones in with main plant until second tent arrives. Once it does, The mother will go to flower next weekend after I'm all set up. Mother has responded well overnight to her hacking. starting to look like a lot of other growers plants I've seen on this forum. All be it quite thin.
20211205 100228
20211205 100239
20211205 104525
20211205 104534

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I have not received growers tool kit yet. Do not know ppm. Light is a Spider Farmer SF1000, not dimmable. About 19" from highest point on plant to light. Light is at top of tent.
how tall is the plant? how much space do you have in between the light to top of the plant?

Here are the clones. I have 12. All stem base's were roughed up and coated with Take Root. Watered in. I won't have second tent until end of week. So I put clones in with main plant until second tent arrives. Once it does, The mother will go to flower next weekend after I'm all set up. Mother has responded well overnight to her hacking. starting to look like a lot of other growers plants I've seen on this forum. All be it quite thin. View attachment 1194398View attachment 1194397View attachment 1194396View attachment 1194395

Wow 12 clones!! LOL! your going to have your hands full. That looks good as long as they are 30"+ away from the light. Did you make enough holes at the bottom of the cups so that the water can get drained? Also if you could somehow create something as a dome to hold the temps and humidity up for the clones would be very very beneficial.
You want to hit 80f with 70% RH.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you didnt cut of the tips of the bigger leaves. they need to get cut so the plant goes into root mode. look at page 3 where i showed the leave and what it should be cut and what should be kept on the stem. Also, since there are no roots, they can't uptake any food or water. So you have to spray the leaves with water.

V

Vegavin

you didnt cut of the tips of the bigger leaves. they need to get cut so the plant goes into root mode. look at page 3 where i showed the leave and what it should be cut and what should be kept on the stem. Also, since there are no roots, they can't uptake any food or water. So you have to spray the leaves with water.
I figured they all might not root. Playing the odds. I didn't realize I was supposed to cut clone leaves. I did it on main plant. Working on grow station for clones. Going to make a box frame wrapped in clear plastic with a few slits for ventilation. I will place clones on small table under homemade dome under a 24" double t5 light. I am to mist these clones daily? Should they be given any nutes?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I figured they all might not root. Playing the odds. I didn't realize I was supposed to cut clone leaves like also, just did it on main plant. Working on grow station for clones. Going to make a box frame wrapped in clear plastic with a few slits for ventilation. I will place clones on small table under homemade dome under a 24" double t5 light. I am to mist these clones daily? Should they be given ant nutes?
no, not on the main plant just on clones 😳

clones don't have roots so no nutrients yet

Dothraki

Dothraki

This is amazing. PK1, you deserve an award and Vegavin...I‘m learning right along with ya, and you’re doing f*kng awesome man.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
This is amazing. PK1, you deserve an award and Vegavin...I‘m learning right along with ya, and you’re doing f*kng awesome man.
Nice, you can follow my grow if you want. Although i am growing in a rockwool, the techniques i use on my plant can be implemented to any other plant. My feeding and growth will be different tho and its from start of a Cinderella G13 seedling

V

Vegavin

@Vegavin what you end up doing.
Nothing since last post other than watering. The link you sent for the really nice growers test kit, for some reason can't be shipped to me in NY, US. Trying to locate Like items from the kit that I can buy individually. I've been lightly watering main plant as soil dries out. Misting clones. Clones so far look good. Don't know if they are rooting, but not drooping, green and look healthy. No new growth yet. Main plant growing new spouts on each branch. Haven't gotten all materials yet for make shift clone dome, which is why I have been misting them. Waiting for 2x4x6 tent. Once I get clones out of the one tent I have I will start flower on main plant.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
post #69 you said you cut the main plant leaves in half? What you mean by that. I hope you didn't cut any leaves in half as you just do that to clones that need to start rooting. Does Amazon not deliver in New York? I bought my tent and equipments from craigslist. Sometimes either someone is upgrading or stopping growing and you can get their gear for fraction of price.

V

Vegavin

I misunderstood your instructions and did trim just a few large leaves at the top on main plant. Amazon does deliver to NY. This particular item, there telling me it can't be shipped to my address. Don't know why. WE get stuff from amazon all the time. The little bit of incorrect trimming does not seem to have affected plant as it is turning up it's branches and growing new sprouts. This is only a time span of 4 days. 1st pic is day I cut, bent and trimmed plant, 2nd is today. Same with clones. Pic on desk is from same day and other 2 in tent are from today.
20211205 104534
20211208 131623
20211205 100228
20211208 131633
20211208 131639

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
thats okay, the leaves that are cut in half will eventually die. Just make sure to cut them when they turn green/yellow so they don't invite any insects or bugs.
They sure do look good now and i can see the circular watering you've done. Keep these practises up and keep bending those top branches further out. to allow more light to the bottom branches. This will let them grow up and you'll have some nice colas. scrooge net would be helpful but if you don't have one, tie downs work

V

Vegavin

thats okay, the leaves that are cut in half will eventually die. Just make sure to cut them when they turn green/yellow so they don't invite any insects or bugs.
They sure do look good now and i can see the circular watering you've done. Keep these practises up and keep bending those top branches further out. to allow more light to the bottom branches. This will let them grow up and you'll have some nice colas. scrooge net would be helpful but if you don't have one, tie downs work
Ok, Great. Much appreciated. Just hoping my parent plant is a female. I say parent because of sex unknown. Or are all clone donors called Mothers? I've learned a lot from you and others on this forum. All the plants seem to be doing well. I will be so bummed if it turns out they are all males.

V

Vegavin

Don't think I am going to do much more of the bending of branches. I tried as you said to continue doing that and I broke 2 branches. Too hesitant at this point to mess with it anymore. One branch broke about 1.5" from stem, other broke off at stem. Both hanging on by practically nothing. At this point I'm not going to mess with it anymore. Just going to feed it for next week or so until clones are properly set up then send to flower.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
when a branch breaks, you can tie it back up, This will cause the plant to focus on the branch and heal it. Now don't go breaking every branch but if it happens its okay. Kinda like supercropping.

Also, to avoid branch breaking, you should put the branch between two finger's and slowly bent it. Think of it as a massage, the more you massage an area the softer it gets. sometimes when you hold a branch between two finger's and hold it at a certain angle, then the branch will hold its position until it rises again. Don't be hesitant to try these and learn it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom