1st time grower. How am I doing? Any suggestions?

• Thread starter Vegavin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

one other thing, when you remove the dirt from the main mother, you are going to disturb allots of roots and there going to be long. I wouldn't mind cutting some of the root to make it short and then planting it into the new soil. This will make sure that there is no massive ball of roots in one hole and it will allow the roots to regrow and open up in the soil. However, I would like @Aqua Man to confirm this.
I'd say that would add additional shock... but I know people do it.... though I guess I don't get why... Too much shock can cause it to herm... I'm as gentle as humanly possible when transplanting.

V

Vegavin

you mentioned that your tent is 2x2x5 and having too many plants in there won't be beneficial and it will get crowded very quickly.
for example my room is 4x6x10 and ive had 6 plants in there as well as now 1plant. at the moment i rather have 1 plant so i can put focus on it better vs having too many and have to up keep the maintenance. also this one plant has filled the entire room.

The reason we take more then one clone is to ensure one of them makes it and whichever has the best result would go into flower.

View attachment 1194011
View attachment 1194012
Wow, that's nice. I am going to get another tent. Don't have a lot of room but can probably go up one size at least.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I'd say that would add additional shock... but I know people do it.... though I guess I don't get why... Too much shock can cause it to herm... I'm as gentle as humanly possible when transplanting.
yes to much shock can turn it into a herm, but the clones would be fine. well as long as their female or is chop chop in my house 🤣 🤣

V

Vegavin

yes to much shock can turn it into a herm, but the clones would be fine. well as long as their female or is chop chop in my house 🤣 🤣
Question, Although I don't know sex of mother yet, Are the clones going to be same sex as mother? Or is the sex random?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Question, Although I don't know sex of mother yet, Are the clones going to be same sex as mother? Or is the sex random?
no the sex will be the same as mother, cuz thats who you took it from, hence why i said take one clone and send this one to flower.

V

Vegavin

no the sex will be the same as mother, cuz thats who you took it from, hence why i said take one clone and send this one to flower.
Ok, now I understand. I will do that instead. No sense putting time into something I won't get anything out of.

BDH420

BDH420

Ok, now I understand. I will do that instead. No sense putting time into something I won't get anything out of.
I was talking with my partner last night on advice to give to new growers. She had some really good advice for someone trying to learn just from forums online. There's so many different methods as there is more than one way to skin a cat so to say. She recommends reading through the grow journals and finding one that has a similar space to what your growing in. Also find one that is using the same grow media as you. Then just copy everything they do from nutes to feeding schedule. Your feeding schedule will still need to be dialed in as every cultivar and pheno is different. But if you copy everything. You should get similar results. But just stick to one person so you don't get conflicting methods. This sounded good to me so i figured i would share it here.

V

Vegavin

Cut top thirdish. What do I do from here? Bend branches? Go 12/12? I've decided I am not going to transplant mother until I know the sex. No sense repotting if it is a male. Or do you think I shold do it anyway? I will have to use 5gl buckets. I'm in the north east. Can't get items retail this time of year. I'm to impatient to wait for mail order. what do I now do with the clipping? Won't have ProMix HP until Monday. Have cutting in water for now.
20211204 140715 2
20211204 140817

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
you can plant it right into soil until promix arives. For clones to work, you need to remove all the leaves except the top 4 and the new growth that's on top. now with a scissor you cut 1/3 of the tips of the top four leaves. It would be good to shave the outer skin of lower section that is going into dirt
Why you might clone

Last edited:
V

Vegavin

So I'm clearly understanding your markings: Cut 2 bottom branches at lines, 2 clones. cut main stem at line and discard everything with an x. At the top Is where I'm unsure of your writing, cut top leaves in half? Sono cups ok for clones until I get correct media?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
So I'm clearly understanding your markings: Cut 2 bottom branches at lines, 2 clones. cut main stem at line and discard everything with an x. At the top Is where I'm unsure of your writing, cut top leaves in half? Sono cups ok for clones until I get correct media?
you keep the top leave and just cut the top sections. my preferred method was to put dirt in to a clear plastic cup and put 3 to 4 holes at the bottom of the clear plastic cup. Then i would put that clear plastic cup into a different cup to hide the clear cup so that light doesn't hit the cup and so that it won't make a mess when you water it. This also allows you to remove the clear cup easly and see how the root system is.

Capture

V

Vegavin

Here is where I am at as of right now. I read about doing this, not sure if I should have in this case. Confirmation please. Do I let this veg or start flower phase? I have plenty of ceiling clearance now!

20211204 175504
20211204 175514
  • Love
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Here is where I am at as of right now. I read about doing this, not sure if I should have in this case. Confirmation please. Do I let this veg or start flower phase? I have plenty of ceiling clearance now!
love it, you sure teached it how to open its legs. for future reference; in seedling stage after fifth node you can do fimming or topping. at the moment you performed topping which is cutten between the 4th/5th node and cloning that. Fimming is when you cut the top new growth in chich it will give you two new branches.

Lets see what you did to the clone?

I would send this plant to flower while the clone is working on rooting process.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
if you do decide to send this to flower, which i think you should than you can take one more clone which is the lowest branch. This branch isn't going to produce big yields. all other branches, you want to cut off any fan leave or new branch production all the way to the 3rd node of the top of that branch. When you flip the switch to flower the plant is going to strech some more and you would want proper air flow between the branch while the top section gets fat yields.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

V

Vegavin

No, I get it. Big leaves are blocking light and sucking up nutrient. The lower branch you have marked clone has an adjacent branch which I assume should be a clone also. And the last one is to strip all branches from main stem out to the 3rd node from the tip. Is this last one just the marked branches at the bottom or all the way up? Pics of clones coming in a few hours. Working on that now.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
ya, strip every branch to the 3rd node. you are going to have a skinny girl but she will grow fatter. Also, when was the last time you fed her? That dirt looks to dry from a picture. is the bottom of the pot moist or wet?

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

No, I get it. Big leaves are blocking light and sucking up nutrient. The lower branch you have marked clone has an adjacent branch which I assume should be a clone also. And the last one is to strip all branches from main stem out to the 3rd node from the tip. Is this last one just the marked branches at the bottom or all the way up? Pics of clones coming in a few hours. Working on that now.
You did a great job here. I cant speak for the cloning process, however your tie downs are on point and its definetly going to help with your height issue.

To supercrop you need to use your fingers to squeeze the stem and kinda mush the stem to make it softer, then bend it downwards and SLIGHTLY twist it a tiny bit, this will cause a "knuckle" on the branch, itll cause your plant to focus on repairing the stem and make it grow horizontally for a little while so that it doesnt spend all its time growing vertically. I did it along with the tie downs and it works great.

Even if its male and even if you dont have enough room, at least your gaining hands on experience for the next seeds. The clones should work out and you can use the techniques youve learned to do what ya gotta do on these new lil ladies.

V

Vegavin

ya, strip every branch to the 3rd node. you are going to have a skinny girl but she will grow fatter. Also, when was the last time you fed her? That dirt looks to dry from a picture. is the bottom of the pot moist or wet?
hasn't been watered in a few days. outer edges of pot are dry. 10" around stem are moist. Going to water before the end of night. Pics of clones will be posted tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
hasn't been watered in a few days. outer edges of pot are dry. 10" around stem are moist. Going to water before the end of night. Pics of clones will be posted tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice.
ok, how is bottom of the pot? can you stick a fingre in and see how moist it is? if its moist/wet than don't water.

Top Bottom