1st time grower looking for feedback

• Thread starter seafoodgumbo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

I've never been one to post anything, but here goes.
This is my very first grow and after months of research, I settled on this rdwc system.
I've tried growing other veggies in the past, but I guess soil and I never got along.
So hydro seemed like a better fit for me and my environment.
This is Pineapples In Space on the left
And Orange Velvet on the right.
I started both from clones that I received from a reputable source.
They are in a Gorilla 3x3 with a Mars Hydro tsw2000 300watt light.
The plant tote and rez are both 17 gallons.
I've got a 4" inline fan (Amazon) with carbon filter venting into my attic.
A 400gph water pump circulates the water very nicely.
A 2.9 psi (793 gph) air pump with 2 air stones for the plant tote.
I'm using GH Floranova grow and bloom for main nutes.
Hydroguard for my roots, and I have cal-mag on standby.

My main concern, at this very moment, is the humidity in my tent.
The temp is hovering around 75F with the humidity at 40%.
Is my humidity low enough to warrant adding a humidifier to the tent, or in the room at least?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
1st time grower looking for feedback
1st time grower looking for feedback 4
1st time grower looking for feedback 3
1st time grower looking for feedback 2

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I've never been one to post anything, but here goes.
This is my very first grow and after months of research, I settled on this rdwc system.
I've tried growing other veggies in the past, but I guess soil and I never got along.
So hydro seemed like a better fit for me and my environment.
This is Pineapples In Space on the left
And Orange Velvet on the right.
I started both from clones that I received from a reputable source.
They are in a Gorilla 3x3 with a Mars Hydro tsw2000 300watt light.
The plant tote and rez are both 17 gallons.
I've got a 4" inline fan (Amazon) with carbon filter venting into my attic.
A 400gph water pump circulates the water very nicely.
A 2.9 psi (793 gph) air pump with 2 air stones for the plant tote.
I'm using GH Floranova grow and bloom for main nutes.
Hydroguard for my roots, and I have cal-mag on standby.

My main concern, at this very moment, is the humidity in my tent.
The temp is hovering around 75F with the humidity at 40%.
Is my humidity low enough to warrant adding a humidifier to the tent, or in the room at least?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
View attachment 2059126View attachment 2059129View attachment 2059128View attachment 2059127
welcome to the farm!!

B

Bdubs

The low humidity should not hurt. The plant will turn to drinking more from the reservoir. The thing you need to be aware of though is that because she is turning to drinking from the low humidity and more available air to hold moisture is that the reservoir may increase in PPM. If the PPM runs high too long, the plant can nute lockout. Overall though, keep the res water proper and monitor for PPM rising. Of course, when PPM rises, do a res swap. Simply adding Ph water to lower PPM is not recommended to counter the PPM rise.

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

The low humidity should not hurt. The plant will turn to drinking more from the reservoir. The thing you need to be aware of though is that because she is turning to drinking from the low humidity and more available air to hold moisture is that the reservoir may increase in PPM. If the PPM runs high too long, the plant can nute lockout. Overall though, keep the res water proper and monitor for PPM rising. Of course, when PPM rises, do a res swap. Simply adding Ph water to lower PPM is not recommended to counter the PPM rise.
Thanks for the info!
I forgot to add that in the original post, but I am using RO water.
My ppm is staying in the mid 550s.
I'm currently at 1ml/gal of Floranova grow and 1ml/gal of hydroguard.
Will be going up to 2ml/gal of Grow next water change

B

Bdubs

Thanks for the info!
I forgot to add that in the original post, but I am using RO water.
My ppm is staying in the mid 550s.
I'm currently at 1ml/gal of Floranova grow and 1ml/gal of hydroguard.
Will be going up to 2ml/gal of Grow next water change
You are welcome.
I push the full Flora Series + supplemental nutrients. I have not used Nova before but I know it is well rounded. Flora Blend can help increase structural growth. Diamond Nectar helps mineral absorption/transport. Flora Nectar is sugars.
These should be compatible with Nova.

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

I also added a cold mist humidifier inside the tent. It was a cheaper one from Wal-Mart.

Its been in the tent for hours now, and im just wondering how long will it take to notice an increase in humidity?

Im still hovering in the low 40%

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Hi all the best for your first grow.

Is that a tent for veg, and then you take them to a flowering tent?

I wouldn't grow 2 plants in the one tote for too long, each plant should really have it's own tote.

Last year i had 4 in a single tote in the veg tent..but had an accident and i could hardly move for over 2 weeks, one of those plants dominated the other 3, they got too big.

Anyway all the best again!

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

Hi all the best for your first grow.

Is that a tent for veg, and then you take them to a flowering tent?

I wouldn't grow 2 plants in the one tote for too long, each plant should really have it's own tote.

Last year i had 4 in a single tote in the veg tent..but had an accident and i could hardly move for over 2 weeks, one of those plants dominated the other 3, they got too big.

Anyway all the best again!
No, this is the tent they will stay in.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

No, this is the tent they will stay in.
No worries, just know sometimes 1 plant will dominate the other.

When i couldn't transplant the ones i mentioned in time, there was one plant that took more food than the other 3.

Picture 4 guys in a prison cell...one guy will dominate the other 3 and will eat most of the food.

What you have now is awesome for a veg set up, then ideally you would want to transplant them both into a flower tent and in separate totes.

B

Bdubs

5 gallon buckets work great. A little tall, but you want to separate the root zones before they root bind to each other and they will stress during flower and do all kinds of wonky growth.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
In your pics the light does look close
I don’t see any burn however It does look like there’s some signs of light stress.

I dunno 18” away if it’s still that I might raise it up a bit them leds are intense. it’s not on 100% is it as I would definitely drop it to 75% if it is

They do look good, just my thoughts for what there worth

Good luck

Choppr

Choppr

Looks Great Gumbo! If you've done DWC before..? they're gonna grow big very fast, you'll have to "branch prune" that space out between the 2 plants, they will actually start to push each other over and out of their net cups, been there done that many years ago - every run gets better my'dude, your gonna learn a lot of stuff fast in DWC! lol Keep us posted I cant wait to see them again... Right-On!

B

Bdubs

Hydro is most notably better in veg. End results in potency and quality is about the same as soil.

As Choppr said, when you flower they will get beast on you. From 2x2 tent in a 3 gallon DWC to a 27 gallon. Just over a week of veg after transplant.

Don’t veg too long. This is 17 week veg and 24 tip but either way they get crazy on you.

IMG 7269
IMG 7663

Latest posts

Top Bottom