1st time grower looking for feedback

• Thread starter seafoodgumbo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bdubs

Of course I did not take all shoots and let them all grow out for more yield, I have the space. Pruning is in your future.

B

Bdubs

Let me show you what happens when you do 2 girls one cup style DWC. The foxtailed cutting is growing all weird. The roots got ahold of each other and the stronger plant won. So the weaker one grew all different because her roots were being overtaken. You can tell which one did better. Aside from other issues as this was when I was in my test phase of killing cuttings for educational purposes. It has a big negative effect later on in flower and starts during stretch phase.

IMG 7668
IMG 7669
seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

Good time to talk defoliation here. IT took me a long time to warm up to the idea but it has many sound basis', including but not limited to Light Penetration!
I agree! I have been defoliating all throughout veg, and they have been tamed since this picture!
So ready to flip these girls

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

In your pics the light does look close
I don’t see any burn however It does look like there’s some signs of light stress.

I dunno 18” away if it’s still that I might raise it up a bit them leds are intense. it’s not on 100% is it as I would definitely drop it to 75% if it is

They do look good, just my thoughts for what there worth

Good luck
The original picture had the light lower to showthe entire setup
The light has been 22 inches above canopy at 65% for a while

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

Looks Great Gumbo! If you've done DWC before..? they're gonna grow big very fast, you'll have to "branch prune" that space out between the 2 plants, they will actually start to push each other over and out of their net cups, been there done that many years ago - every run gets better my'dude, your gonna learn a lot of stuff fast in DWC! lol Keep us posted I cant wait to see them again... Right-On!
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback
This is my first ever grow, period

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

Let me show you what happens when you do 2 girls one cup style DWC. The foxtailed cutting is growing all weird. The roots got ahold of each other and the stronger plant won. So the weaker one grew all different because her roots were being overtaken. You can tell which one did better. Aside from other issues as this was when I was in my test phase of killing cuttings for educational purposes. It has a big negative effect later on in flower and starts during stretch phase.
Yea I plan to run one plant per tote next time
This is definitely a learning experience, but I've kept a journal throughout

Choppr

Choppr

The low humidity should not hurt. The plant will turn to drinking more from the reservoir. The thing you need to be aware of though is that because she is turning to drinking from the low humidity and more available air to hold moisture is that the reservoir may increase in PPM. If the PPM runs high too long, the plant can nute lockout. Overall though, keep the res water proper and monitor for PPM rising. Of course, when PPM rises, do a res swap. Simply adding Ph water to lower PPM is not recommended to counter the PPM rise.
This is very good advice, good knowledge for the newer Hydro guys - Ive dealt with this since I moved from Florida to Minnesota in 08' - Minnesota RH is about 10-20% all winter, my plants were chugging 1.5 gal per day...and yes they were growing like mad beasts, high rate of transpiration, but you gotta watch your solution closely, even running lower ppm concentrations to offset!! If leaves start upturning just at the tips, add a humidifier..
good stuff @Bdubs!!
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback
This is my first ever grow, period
Your doing good so far! Consider it for science, a test run! Everything is an exercise, some good advice being shared! Right On

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

He is getting ready to flip it, I think this weekend.
@Bdubs what is the consensus for the start of flower and mixing the Grow and Bloom nutrients together?
Do I mix my Grow and Bloom at an even 50% ratio?
Or start with more grow to bloom, and as the weeks progress switch to a stronger ratio in favor of bloom?
Ive read mix reports on this topic, and some say go straight to bloom nutrients as soon as you flip, and others say mix the two in the initial 3 weeks of flower.
Hope my question makes sense and thanks in advance for the input!

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

@Bdubs what is the consensus for the start of flower and mixing the Grow and Bloom nutrients together?
Do I mix my Grow and Bloom at an even 50% ratio?
Or start with more grow to bloom, and as the weeks progress switch to a stronger ratio in favor of bloom?
Ive read mix reports on this topic, and some say go straight to bloom nutrients as soon as you flip, and others say mix the two in the initial 3 weeks of flower.
Hope my question makes sense and thanks in advance for the input!
I'm using General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow and Bloom for main nutes. Also running Cal-Mag and Hydroguard. I didn't want to get too crazy with all the different nutes out there, and my "mentor" suggested this line as a good start for my first grow

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

I lollipopped, defoliated, and tied down the tallest shoots.
Planning to flip to flower tomorrow.
I know I'm probably gonna run into issues with crowding, but...
Does it look like I need to defoliate more?
Is there anything I'm missing before I flip?

1125231858 HDR

B

Bdubs

You should be good with what you did. Looks good!

Even if you have a massive leaf coverage, the foliage below them, you’ll notice the light leaking past as “spotting”. The leafs getting any shaded light is still doing work, important work that the top ones are not.
I’d just focus leaf’s that would be slamming the walls of the tent or leaf’s being super pushy on other plants or growth and is causing issues. I’d take them and that’s the only time I would take top growth doing work is if they are being pushy and only if they Need to go.

I am pulling up a chair. 🧑🏻‍🦼

B

Bdubs

But Rapid Start, Floralicious, Diamond nectar, Flora Nectar, Flora Blend, Armor Si, and Liquid Koolbloom are some cool additions that will only have a positive impact. I did fine with the basic ones. But as I was in my test phase of nutrients, I kept adding to the lineup and not use them all and then some. We supply everything it needs. They have a big impact when all used though. Just follow bottle recommendations for anything not on the GH 10 part feed charts. And you can safely add them no problem.

Top Bottom