• Thread starter seafoodgumbo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

Death march begins

Z

Zatoichi

I've never been one to post anything, but here goes.
This is my very first grow and after months of research, I settled on this rdwc system.
I've tried growing other veggies in the past, but I guess soil and I never got along.
So hydro seemed like a better fit for me and my environment.
This is Pineapples In Space on the left
And Orange Velvet on the right.
I started both from clones that I received from a reputable source.
They are in a Gorilla 3x3 with a Mars Hydro tsw2000 300watt light.
The plant tote and rez are both 17 gallons.
I've got a 4" inline fan (Amazon) with carbon filter venting into my attic.
A 400gph water pump circulates the water very nicely.
A 2.9 psi (793 gph) air pump with 2 air stones for the plant tote.
I'm using GH Floranova grow and bloom for main nutes.
Hydroguard for my roots, and I have cal-mag on standby.

My main concern, at this very moment, is the humidity in my tent.
The temp is hovering around 75F with the humidity at 40%.
Is my humidity low enough to warrant adding a humidifier to the tent, or in the room at least?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
View attachment 2059126View attachment 2059129View attachment 2059128View attachment 2059127
Have not read thread, but this is quick advice from when I tried rdwc, before going to coco. If that is DIY, can light be seen through lid, as in if you held it up to led would zero light get through? If not, use something like panda film to cover top. If not use panda film or something like foil to lay over net net pots and clay pebbles. You do not want any light getting to water. Keep water as close to 68F as possible. Cheap way is aquarium heater set to 68-70 and freeze 2 liter soda bottle full of water, and drop in reservoir everyday, if water gets over 75F regularly. Other than that is two schools of thought. One is sterile, and adding a couple of drops of bleach per gallon, or going live with heisenberg tea.. Good Luck.

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

Have not read thread, but this is quick advice from when I tried rdwc, before going to coco. If that is DIY, can light be seen through lid, as in if you held it up to led would zero light get through? If not, use something like panda film to cover top. If not use panda film or something like foil to lay over net net pots and clay pebbles. You do not want any light getting to water. Keep water as close to 68F as possible. Cheap way is aquarium heater set to 68-70 and freeze 2 liter soda bottle full of water, and drop in reservoir everyday, if water gets over 75F regularly. Other than that is two schools of thought. One is sterile, and adding a couple of drops of bleach per gallon, or going live with heisenberg tea.. Good Luck.
The lid was painted with 2 coats of black, then 2 coats of gloss white, then I stuck reflective tape on top of that.
I can confidently say ZERO light gets through the lid.
As far as the water temp, it hasnt gone above 73F, except in the first week, when I was still getting the room temp dialed in.
This whole set up is DIY!
I researched for about a month straight before deciding on this rdwc rig

simonkay

simonkay

Btw a cheap easy way to raise humidity for the first couple weeks it to put a bottle that you've cut in sections around the plants to grow out of, its handy to help them harden off and protect them from the fan when they are small.
Obviously you'll need much bigger bottles in hydro cus they grow ridiculously fast.

IMG 20231201 151033
Bilber

Bilber

Thank you for sharing your grow with us @seafoodgumbo .....

I think come the first of the year, I'll have most everything I need to switch from peat/ perlite to Dwc.....

It's great to see how other Dwc 'ers set-up and run their systems.....

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

Thank you for sharing your grow with us @seafoodgumbo .....

I think come the first of the year, I'll have most everything I need to switch from peat/ perlite to Dwc.....

It's great to see how other Dwc 'ers set-up and run their systems.....
Thank you
I did a lot of research before deciding on this setup. There are some tweaks I will do to the system before next run, but I absolutely love rdwc

Top Bottom