1st timer seedling looking funny

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
they look normal to me. mellow out, let em get their legs under em and continue as you are. seedlings are finicky, and show all kinds of weird shit, like a baby has eczema from breast milk. let em get their bearings, they'll come through. they're looking good to me.

Zombierider

Zombierider

they are growing like crazy so I assume they are ok, just wondering if that yellowish tint was a deficiency of some sort.

2A8C4CFD BE04 4A58 BDC2 6F4C956A1536
B0E43416 78D4 464F 9882 1AC7CA3497D8
tobh

tobh

Supporter
add 1g epsom salt per gallon of solution you're feeding with. that's starting mag def.

Zombierider

Zombierider

add 1g epsom salt per gallon of solution you're feeding with. that's starting mag def.
I read that cal-mag deficiencies only appear on the lower leaves, due to the plant getting nutrients from lower leaves to feed new growth? Also, I give 3ml p.gal of calimagic with my feed, and also dilute to the proper ec with cal-mag water, still think it’s a mag deficiency?

Zombierider

Zombierider

Oh, and I make sure to ph my fertigation solution to around 6.0-6.1

tobh

tobh

Supporter
drop your pH to 5.8. a lot of growers say 6.0 is on target for coco but I disagree. 5.8 is the money shot.

it could be light bleaching as well. i used to run calimagic, it's great shit. but your plants are showing mag def imo. not necessarily light burn since the edges of the leaves are level, not turned up. coco is a mag whore, sucks it up like it's a two cent john.

they're looking super healthy otherwise. finally into veg and taking off. just wanna head off that lightness in the varigations before they become necrotic.

Zombierider

Zombierider

drop your pH to 5.8. a lot of growers say 6.0 is on target for coco but I disagree. 5.8 is the money shot.

it could be light bleaching as well. i used to run calimagic, it's great shit. but your plants are showing mag def imo. not necessarily light burn since the edges of the leaves are level, not turned up. coco is a mag whore, sucks it up like it's a two cent john.

they're looking super healthy otherwise. finally into veg and taking off. just wanna head off that lightness in the varigations before they become necrotic.
Will one watering with Epsom salts do the trick? Or do I repeat it every other feeding until new growth is greener? Also,how long could I wait and see to make sure it’s mag def before I give ‘‘em the epsom?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Will one watering with Epsom salts do the trick? Or do I repeat it every other feeding until new growth is greener? Also,how long could I wait and see to make sure it’s mag def before I give ‘‘em the epsom?
given your new thread, hold off on the epsom salt. bump up your nutrients by 0.2 EC. Wait a couple days and do it again until you see runoff equal to input.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Gotcha, sounds like my babies are hungry and I’m not feeding enough. Ill report back here with an update after I up that ec. Thanks for the help!

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I read that cal-mag deficiencies only appear on the lower leaves, due to the plant getting nutrients from lower leaves to feed new growth? Also, I give 3ml p.gal of calimagic with my feed, and also dilute to the proper ec with cal-mag water, still think it’s a mag deficiency?
I won't go into calcium because the issue does look like magnesium usually when the veins stay green and in-between turn yellow it's magnesium deficiency. You mentioned since a mobile nutrient why are the new foliage the way they are well...what leaves do they they have to take from lol the plants are small and you are doing good 👍 but since they don't have much source to take from its starting to affect the whole plant pretty evenly so easy fix magnesium supplement

Zombierider

Zombierider

I won't go into calcium because the issue does look like magnesium usually when the veins stay green and in-between turn yellow it's magnesium deficiency. You mentioned since a mobile nutrient why are the new foliage the way they are well...what leaves do they they have to take from lol the plants are small and you are doing good 👍 but since they don't have much source to take from its starting to affect the whole plant pretty evenly so easy fix magnesium supplement
Gotcha, so basically since the plant is still young it’s gonna take nutrients from new growth cuz it’s “desperate” for some magnesium in this case. I’m upping the ec by 100ppm/.2ec today, hope that works. I’m on week two of the general hydro flora 6 part. Thanks for the advice, this forum is a godsend.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Gotcha, so basically since the plant is still young it’s gonna take nutrients from new growth cuz it’s “desperate” for some magnesium in this case. I’m upping the ec by 100ppm/.2ec today, hope that works. I’m on week two of the general hydro flora 6 part. Thanks for the advice, this forum is a godsend.
It's more like there's not much foliage if it was a bigger bushy plant 4 weeks in vegg with more nodes and foliage it would have taken from lower foliage but since it looks like it only got 2-3 nodes it's still young it's gonna be all affected but the signs of magnesium deficiency is veins stay green and between starts to yellow almost think of it like prison uniform but green and yellow instead of black and white 😉

Zombierider

Zombierider

Currently working on the 4th node. Actually, speaking of nodes, i want to top these plants, should I top the next node that comes up, in this case the 5th node? Worried i should have topped at the 4th node. Trying to follow the groweedeasy 4 way low stress training guide.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Currently working on the 4th node. Actually, speaking of nodes, i want to top these plants, should I top the next node that comes up, in this case the 5th node? Worried i should have topped at the 4th node. Trying to follow the groweedeasy 4 way low stress training guide.
nothing is written in stone I always wait until 5 nodes sometime I grow out the plant more and when I see it's developed but not too tall have to account for stretching I might top 7 nodes and lolipop the bottom foliage at the same time

Zombierider

Zombierider

nothing is written in stone I always wait until 5 nodes sometime I grow out the plant more and when I see it's developed but not too tall have to account for stretching I might top 7 nodes and lolipop the bottom foliage at the same time
Here is one if the girls, shes thic lol

20220103 091324
AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Ye I'd let her grow out a lil more eventually that 1st node your gonna lolipop maybe even the second if you don't top she will grow faster right now and won't need recovery which might set u back a week but all is looking good just be patient 😉

Zombierider

Zombierider

Ye I'd let her grow out a lil more eventually that 1st node your gonna lolipop maybe even the second if you don't top she will grow faster right now and won't need recovery which might set u back a week but all is looking good just be patient 😉
Thanks for the advice, i wanna make sure these girls will fit in my scrog so thinking topping the next node. Do the plants always take around a week to recover from topping? I thought it didn't stress them to much

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Thanks for the advice, i wanna make sure these girls will fit in my scrog so thinking topping the next node. Do the plants always take around a week to recover from topping? I thought it didn't stress them to much
What makes you think cutting their heads off isn’t stressful? Lol topping is high stress training

Zombierider

Zombierider

What makes you think cutting their heads off isn’t stressful? Lol topping is high stress training
I just meant that i didn't know topping would take a week to recover from. When would you start topping the plant in the photo? Makes sense tho that a beheading is kind of stressful lol.

growsince79

growsince79

I just meant that i didn't know topping would take a week to recover from. When would you start topping the plant in the photo? Makes sense tho that a beheading is kind of stressful lol.
It's really not stressful at all. Topping a healthy, fast growing plant won't slow it down one bit. It might seem like the plant quit growing, but it didn't stop. It just turned new growth to stems, roots and branches. Once the stalk and roots grow for a few days and are big enough to support them, the branches take off.

Top Bottom