1st UC run in the new room

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Max Powers

Hello Everyone,

This is a new room we just put together specifically to run UC's, after months of watching Jack and everyone kill it with them. Half the room is coco JUST for the first run, so in case we do something stupid with the uc the room will still at least pay for itself.
The room consists of 8k watts under large adjust-o-wings+ nexgen ballasts, 1 (sson to be 2) uc16xl, 4 trays of coco, 8-burner CO2, Growonix 600 gpd r.o. with booster pump. 4.5 tons ac and 70 pint dehu. EcoPlus 1hp chiller with a homemade cool coil. 4 10x39 phresh filters with silencers. Air, water, and chiller lines are pvc.

Nutes are House and Gardens- A+B, Root Excel and Multi Zen, Advanced- Bud Ignitor, Big Bud, Overdrive, Canna- Boost

There's 4 strains in there, 4 buckets of LarryxTahoe, 2 of Tahoe, and 10 of a Sour x Og cross a friend of mine made/ holds. They vegged for 2.5 weeks and I'm at the end of flower week 4 of 10 now. Pretty much all topped, bent, crushed, and supercropped..

So far the UC is completely killing it, I can't wait to finish this first run and get the next one in here. I'll post up some pics of the veg, roots, etc. later

by the way, the plants in coco are bubba, raskal's superskunk, death star, and some Jack. We also have 2 of Swerve's Alien Dog phenos going, which have been narrowed down from 20 orig seeds over a while to find the best one. whoever wins goes in the UC next time.
Holla

1st uc run in the new room
1st uc run in the new room 2
1st uc run in the new room 3
1st uc run in the new room 4
1st uc run in the new room 5
RollinEndough

RollinEndough

They call him Powers. Max Powers.

What camera and lens ya got there bud? The wide-angle shots are :sign0005:

M

Max Powers

thanks Rollin, it's a canon 7d with a 10-20mm Tamron (cheap) lens for the wide-angle. I do the close-ups with a canon 60mm Macro.

also using MagiCal, forgot to mention

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice start and UC setup Max Powers... Looks like the UC is doing well so far... :cool

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Sick. Got a seat pulled up while you finish this round and am an eager awaiter of the Alien Dog to follow. :yes

M

Max Powers

Thanks Shady, the UC is the shit, the plants had a 2.5 week veg versus 6 for the coco and they're only about 4-6 inches shorter on average, and definitely bushier.

Yea Rollin, the Alien Dog is going to be sick, the frost is nuts already, I'll get some pics up asap

B

Baddog

Have my Seat Pulled up to watch ur ladys get stinky! Lookin pretty spectacular so far! What size is ur room?

M

Max Powers

the room is 24 x 19.
We picked the Alien Dog Pheno to run next time today, #7. It has a very similar structure and smell to our other finalist, but is a lot frostier. Here's a couple pics, beginning of week 5

IMG 2157
IMG 2156
IMG 2155
IMG 2150
M

Max Powers

pic from the first couple days. crazy how big they are now for 2.5 weeks veg. I think they'd be even bigger except these cuts are actually in rockwool cubes, which means it took a while for the roots to even hit the water. I since got a Turbo Cloner (which is the shit, as you can see), just another thing to make next time better

IMG 0289
IMG 1905
IMG 0328
U

UCtestn

What metal is that coil made out of? Gotta be careful with some metals as Hydro Innovations learned and redesigned there coils a couple years back. Looks GOOD!

M

Max Powers

It's Stainless, same as theirs. -20' of 1/2" stainless bent into coils with a conduit bender. I generally am ok spending a couple extra bucks to buy something rather than spend a ton of time trying to make my own, but real cool coils are $150 each ( and only 3/8" stainless), and I was able to make 2 of these and put in all the pvc to run both from the chiller in the other room for about $60.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Love the D.i.y. cool coil, it really is a very simple item. Why anyone would spend 150 on the name "cool coil" baffles me.
The room looks great, Keep up the good work!
FJ

B

Bobby Smith

Love the D.i.y. cool coil, it really is a very simple item. Why anyone would spend 150 on the name "cool coil" baffles me.
The room looks great, Keep up the good work!
FJ

I spent $100 on mine (50') because I lack a metal bending machine.

Love the setup, Max - one word of caution is that those hose clamps will rust over very quickly if they're submerged - not sure how that coil sits in your reservoir and if it's an issue, but thought I'd throw that out there - the fittings on my cool coil were submerged and are virtually useless now.

Good luck bro.

M

Max Powers

Thanks. They're not totally submerged, but they do take a lot of splash so I'll keep an eye on it. By the way, you don't actually need a metal bending machine. A conduit bender is a hand tool kind of like a vice with a long pole attached for leverage. you can get them at home depot. I can't remember how much they cost because we returned it the next day. ha.

M

Max Powers

crappy cellphone pic update from today...
tiny bit of tip burn on a few leaves so going to back the ppm's off a little. the top-off rez is at about 600 so it should work itself out over the next day or so.

There's a little PM in the veg room next door, and it seems to have made it's way over into here despite my best efforts. I caught it early and got rid of all the affected leaves, but I'm sure it'll be back. If anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of PM at the end of week 5 without spraying a bunch of shit on the plants I'm all ears. thanks.

IMG 0406
IMG 0408
Top Bottom