2 King Tut growing in RDWC

• Thread starter stltoed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yeah should work... does list the strain so can't guarantee the specific strain in hydroguard is bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain 747D.
Like a phenotype right?
Yeah should work... does list the strain so can't guarantee the specific strain in hydroguard is bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain 747D.
So I read up briefly and it's like a specific phenotype of a bacteria strain. When you say it's not guaranteed to be the same as hydroguard do you mean it's the same species of bacteria, just a different pheno? The wiki I read said bacteria have phenos. So does hydroguard not list the specific pheno.. Or strain number as they say?

Do I have that right even?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like a phenotype right?

So I read up briefly and it's like a specific phenotype of a bacteria strain. When you say it's not guaranteed to be the same as hydroguard do you mean it's the same species of bacteria, just a different pheno? The wiki I read said bacteria have phenos. So does hydroguard not list the specific pheno.. Or strain number as they say?

Do I have that right even?
Same species different substrain kinda thing.

stltoed

stltoed

And a fat joint with a ton of kief. I just love big joints but it fucks with my lungs so I don't roll em like I used to. To be honest 95% of the time I dab RSO. It's strong, smoother than rosin, but it just destroys my bong. I call it my oil rig, cause it's so damn dirty.
20210927 195938

20210927 202146

stltoed

stltoed

I was looking at the hydro plants with a different eye today and decided there's just no good way out of this grow if these plants stretch alot. And to be honest I have no idea what these 2 will do in flower. If they are anything like Wembley, in which they share a parent, im in trouble... here's Wembley:
20200711 195330

These 3 went crazy, grew really tall, with heavy buds. I'd like to see a larger version of the Tut plants I grew in soil, but that mat be asking a lot. A nutrient change and the date were pretty good reasons for the flip.

A couple things to know. I won't be using gas for the first couple weeks during the stretch. I figure they won't need any help. And I actually added 50ml more Silica than prescribed. Some Silicas say they will actually slow vertical growth if the recommended dose is slightly exceeded. Thought I'd give that a try. 50ml is 1/5 of the total dose, so I didn't add too much more.
The closet plant is the same. Results from my Slurpee test mimicked the reading I had taken from the drip tray pH is 6.8. Not a deal breaker, at least nothing like you'd expect considering the leaves. It's always had issues, so im not too worried. I added quite a bit of hydro water when draining my res.

If you haven't guessed, I like to keep things interesting. The cloning thing happening a few days before flower is fairly typical for my grows. I just don't take it as seriously as I once did. Peripheral projects are bound to pop up.

I hope all is well on your end.

Last edited:
stltoed

stltoed

Oh, and it looks like the dog will be fine. Yesterday, after weeks of crazy coughing most of her waking hours, she just sort of stopped. It went on to long for her to just cough up a feather and be done with it. But after many days of medication from the Dr. And our own CBD oil she seems to be ok. We will keep the Dr apt. In November just in case.

I can't tell you how happy I am to be able to report this. You may remember Billy had an identical cough, and it killed him.

stltoed

stltoed

2 days after the flip and the plants are reacting. Lots of new stuff moving in. It will be interesting to see what will happen in the next few weeks. I need to defoliate again, but I'd like to see the direction flower will take these plants. I hope the plant in the closet gets big. It's got plenty of room. It can go for it. The smaller hydro plant should be a performer, but the big one could be an issue... but im not gonna do much till I have an idea of what it's intentions are I think. We'll see. Heres a bit more.
20211002 134554
20211002 134549
20211002 134543

Fuckin plants! Where else do people spend this kind of time and money too just to grow a nice bouquet... truly amazing. As usual I hope the Green Gods shine down on your operation. Cheers

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

2 days after the flip and the plants are reacting. Lots of new stuff moving in. It will be interesting to see what will happen in the next few weeks. I need to defoliate again, but I'd like to see the direction flower will take these plants. I hope the plant in the closet gets big. It's got plenty of room. It can go for it. The smaller hydro plant should be a performer, but the big one could be an issue... but im not gonna do much till I have an idea of what it's intentions are I think. We'll see. Heres a bit more.
View attachment 1175111View attachment 1175112View attachment 1175114

Fuckin plants! Where else do people spend this kind of time and money too just to grow a nice bouquet... truly amazing. As usual I hope the Green Gods shine down on your operation. Cheers
Oh it's gonna be a jungle in there... time to scrape the resin off the snips and load up on robax lol.

stltoed

stltoed

Oh it's gonna be a jungle in there... time to scrape the resin off the snips and load up on robax lol.
Haha! ROBAX! seriously! I agree!

It's gonna be fun, and you guys have front row seats. Win lose or draw, it's gonna put out some bud.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I did. I topped these a few times. I rarely do that more than once. I get my 2 main stems and move on. I never thought about that. I think you may have a point.
Yeah pretty much will distribute the weight more evenly. Same yields for the most part. I can't say one provides more but I think there is a benefit to a more even overall harvest personally... as long as that's not even larf lol.

stltoed

stltoed

Yeah pretty much will distribute the weight more evenly. Same yields for the most part. I can't say one provides more but I think there is a benefit to a more even overall harvest personally... as long as that's not even larf lol.
I was pushing for lots of tops. I pulled leaves that were in the way of the lower stuff. I can reach in a pull a handful of hopefulls right now. But they are a bit deep, so they gotta go

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was pushing for lots of tops. I pulled leaves that were in the way of the lower stuff. I can reach in a pull a handful of hopefulls right now. But they are a bit deep, so they gotta go
Better early then once the plant has put work into them that's wasted and better served elsewhere

stltoed

stltoed

Better early then once the plant has put work into them that's wasted and better served elsewhere
Yeah, these aren't going anywhere.

Last season I grew a plant larger than this one, but it didnt have the vigor till I added gas, and it woke up. This plant is much more vigorous. It's gonna be interesting. The first few weeks of flower will be telling.

stltoed

stltoed

Ok @Aqua Man. Serious question...

Where exactly does O2 join with a H2O molecule in a typical RDWC rig? Let's say the rig to be used has a nice 25 liter air pump and large top of the line diffusers to hand out the bubbles/top water turbulence. Water has 1000 PPMs of worthwhile nutrition. AND... do you feel nutrients, especially ammonium based affects the solubility of water?

I hear "things" that seem silly, or frankly sound like total bullshit. I'm curious what you have to say about this. If this is gonna leave you withe carple tunnel, I apologize now.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok @Aqua Man. Serious question...

Where exactly does O2 join with a H2O molecule in a typical RDWC rig? Let's say the rig to be used has a nice 25 liter air pump and large top of the line diffusers to hand out the bubbles/top water turbulence. Water has 1000 PPMs of worthwhile nutrition. AND... do you feel nutrients, especially ammonium based affects the solubility of water?

I hear "things" that seem silly, or frankly sound like total bullshit. I'm curious what you have to say about this. If this is gonna leave you withe carple tunnel, I apologize now.
Lol no worries. It's all a really complicated process to me. I know a bit but there are ion exchanges, chemical reactions and forces towards equilibrium. I Hava a basic understanding as to what happens and a limited understanding on how.

I can tell you though that anyone who thinks the bubbles give oxygen to the water is not accurate. O2 is a hard gas to dissolve as is and needs more dwell time than it takes them to rise to the surface don't get me started on o2 emmitiers cause they enrage me. Gas exchange is reliant on surface agitation and water colum mixing to bring less oxygenated water to the surface.

Aeration can effect PH if that's what you are hearing but Imo this is not an issue and I can explain why if you really want to know.

What specifically are you questioning? I can prob explain it better. There are many forces at play and interactions. Some of which my understanding is greater than others.

stltoed

stltoed

Lol no worries. It's all a really complicated process to me. I know a bit but there are ion exchanges, chemical reactions and forces towards equilibrium. I Hava a basic understanding as to what happens and a limited understanding on how.

I can tell you though that anyone who thinks the bubbles give oxygen to the water is not accurate. O2 is a hard gas to dissolve as is and needs more dwell time than it takes them to rise to the surface don't get me started on o2 emmitiers cause they enrage me. Gas exchange is reliant on surface agitation and water colum mixing to bring less oxygenated water to the surface.

Aeration can effect PH if that's what you are hearing but Imo this is not an issue and I can explain why if you really want to know.

What specifically are you questioning? I can prob explain it better. There are many forces at play and interactions. Some of which my understanding is greater than others.
This question, like a lot, possibly most, has a lot of shady opinions. Your opinions parallel a lot of mine, so I figured I'd ask.

I'm no chemist, and don't plan on becoming one in any substantial capacity, but molecular bonds are super interesting to me. Do you believe action and only action in water can break the bond between Hydrogen and Oxygen? Leaving Oxygen free to roam the party alone? I've read this particular bond (polar) isn't terrible strong and will allow stripping of Oxygen in some situations.

What's your deal with emitters? Why do they enrage you so? If we are talking about the same thing (tank gas), they wouldn't need any surface agitation.

Do you believe in super saturation? I once read, water maxes out at about 10 PPMs in our situation, at growing temps. Do you believe PPM concentrations at 50 PPMs(or more) are possible, and is there a benefit?

I've always been skeptical of the surface action thing. It's always the dude with the waterfall bragging about how bitchen his rig is. I have put a lot of thought behind this skepticism.
You bring up dwell time being a driving factor. Can you elaborate, or possibly have an approximation of how long a bubble needs to be in water before it starts to dissolve? My deal with this is what makes the surface of a bubble different than the surface of water? I get that rain can pick up Oxygen as it falls through the air, and surface agitation can perform something similar, but I just have a hard time believing a mass of bubbles with a rather large combined surface area AND it's agitation doesn't do much.

I've always had big pumps. My last one was 80liters, the one I have now is 60. I've never had Oxygen issues in even the warmest water. With my growing in a shed in So Cal. It can get warm. One of these days I want a photometer to SEE what the hell is going on in my system... nothing is wrong, I just want to see it. Hanna makes one that just does O2 concentration, maybe I'll pick it up someday.

stltoed

stltoed

Man, life without a working float valve isn't worth living! Since I have the water off in my shed till I fix my sprinklers I've been filling my res. by hand. I forgot what that was like. I don't like it!

Right now they are taking in about 5 gallons a day, seems like a lot for 2 plants, but I honestly don't know. I'm just using tap water for now. So, I guess I need to sort this issue out before my next nute change. As of now, I'm still not exactly sure where the issue is. With the water on, it drains immediately into the neighbors yard. No sign of it in my yard at all. It may be under the corner of my patio, which means a diamond saw is in order. Fuckin plants!

Top Bottom