• Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greengaint17

Thanks bcfarmer guess I gotta order online
I will be posting some pic once I get my rooms up and running

BC farmer

BC farmer

Thanks brother. Our collective had ran out of money and we needed to find another sponsor. As disabled vets it is a little hard on us but we are ready and motivated. Thanks for this grow brother as this offered me and my brothers some great ideas. I will be doing a full journal.

Thanks for the motivation as sometimes my PTSD get the best of me.

GanjaAl,
This is exactly why this is such a good site. We are glad this is helping you giving idea's and a boost which we all need from time to time.
Peace to you man.
PM us whenever you have a question in regards to your set up.

hort-hog

hort-hog

Any opinions on whether or not to do a two stage take down? as in take down tops, flower longer, and then take down the rest...
We're considering half that way and the other half all at once and then comparing the results.
So much time and effort goes into getting them to this point and of course we want to maximize. (purely for the sake of efficiency, of course.)

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I've removed tops to allow for bottom growth to catch up and fatten overall it worked and they developed nicely. Maybe went an extra week or two but you do have alot more going on than I did. Your idea for comparison on half the room is a great idea. MWD

S

swisscheese

Any opinions on whether or not to do a two stage take down? as in take down tops, flower longer, and then take down the rest...
We're considering half that way and the other half all at once and then comparing the results.
So much time and effort goes into getting them to this point and of course we want to maximize. (purely for the sake of efficiency, of course.)

Do a side by side hort it's one thing to make observations on a small scale like an 8 lighter but someone like you can really put the nail in the coffin on this debate as I've been wondering myself. I've tried both ways but don't want to speculate when we have an expert garden like yours for comparisons sake. My concern would be how would you flush I mean if you let the bottoms go longer I think you would want to feed them again to fatten them back up some but that would depend on how much longer you let them go after removing the tops. What medium is this round grown in and what nutes? I know you posted it already but I can't seem to motivate myself to read your huge thread end to end again. Thanks for the show.

chazbolin

chazbolin

I like idea that you are working with.
I have been playing with rows like that and scrog.
I like a trellis per tote, you could do 1 bigass trellis per row maybe.
I did a 3' wide trellis for each bay that was 3 1/2' wide, from the home depot 6" grid from the concrete section.
I then bent the ends 90 degrees to form upright wings.
That way, horticultural trellis could be strung across the top of the wings to provide that essential 2nd layer of support for fatty colas that will want to fall down.

With a 6" gap between each scrog screen, it made it possible to slide them out of the way to access overhead reflectors more easily.

I do believe that a supported or trellised plant will on average produce more than an unsupported one.
I do like the idea of rows of tubs on a platform that is on casters. Easier to slide things to the side to access overhead, but yet a relatively continuous scrog to be lit when rows are arranged back together.
Your rows may be too heavy, but maybe could move well enough with a grip of casters.
I also intend to add low-wattage lighting in the areas between plants, under the scrog screens, to chunk up bottom and side buds, add premium weight, and cut down on the popcorn.
I really like the practice of tiling the top of the medium with reflectix, then affixing reflectix between the containers to form a reflective floor a foot or so below the metal screen. Airflow must be more carefully managed, but the benefit of having that reflective surface so close to the canopy is more weight, and better undersides due to higher light values down there.

Exciting work. May I ask how you settled on your choice of lamp wattage?

I like the upright wings idea. Any chance you have pics of that setup or a sketch that would clarify it perhaps?

BC farmer

BC farmer

Three weeks to go. We snapped a few pics this morning to show the progress.
There was a missing link filled this week which was our RH control. The other units simply weren't able to keep up. We bought this dehu after doing some research and so far we are pleased. Daytime it hovers around 60% whereas at night 55%. Perfect. We are slowly dropping the RH during daytime hours. In addition to this unit we are still running our two other smaller ones. At night the big new one seems to keep up by herself. Daytime the other kicks in.
We are filling our 100 G res now every two to three days, thanks to the collection of AC and dehu's. This has given us distilled water to feed our girls and we hardly run our ro unit. The collection idea my genius partner Hort-Hog came up with is a winner.
Took a couple pics of the view underneath the canopy. Very little fluff is left. Many hours are spent
removing these ones. Not sure it makes a huge difference in yield but it makes the trimming easier,
more efficient and has a better look in the bags;)
Buds are filling in nicely. Enjoy the pics and to all fellow Canadians, Happy thanksgiving weekend!

PA060001

PA060002

PA060003

PA060004

PA060007

PA060009

PA060010

PA060011

PA060012

PA060013

PA060014

chazbolin

chazbolin

Very clever! That is one uniform canopy. Absolutely beautiful!

So if I'm reading this right you have each tray on wheels so you can pull it out or shift them to the side to tend to the garden or replace a lamp etc would that be correct?

It looks like the pvc on the under side of the wire is strictly structural support. How are you watering?

Could you tell me the length and width of each tray?

Are you lamp swapping MH to HPS using the wings?

Wattages?

What's your veg and flower times?

sorry if this has been covered previously and reps for sharing.

BC farmer

BC farmer

Very clever! That is one uniform canopy. Absolutely beautiful!

So if I'm reading this right you have each tray on wheels so you can pull it out or shift them to the side to tend to the garden or replace a lamp etc would that be correct?

Thank you for the feedback. Here the answers to your questions:

*Correct

It looks like the pvc on the under side of the wire is strictly structural support. How are you watering?

*Hand watering

Could you tell me the length and width of each tray?

*16x3

Are you lamp swapping MH to HPS using the wings?

*yes

Wattages?

*20x600 for a total of 12000w

What's your veg and flower times?

*about 7 weeks in veg, 9 flower

sorry if this has been covered previously and reps for sharing.

No problem man, hope this helps:)

The Mulls

The Mulls

oH sweeeeT green jeebuz .... thatz wat mullfairy wet dreamz B made of ... :D ... tonighT .... :p ..... awesum .. awesum ... big sea O green to fly .. swimz abouT .... an frollick in ..... beautYfull garden .. an gardening BC ... cheerz to tha looong hours of loVin green ladiez :cool:

BC farmer

BC farmer

I am so happy to see how successful your setup ended up being!
Thank you Capulator, so are we. Many things to iron out still though still but its coming;)

Here we are, 9 week mark is on the 24th of October. We are dropping the temps, Co2 and RH steadily.
Last upload until the results and chop are done. I have made an attempt to take some close up shots but when I compare it to Flowamasta's art pieces they look like shit :( Best I can do with what I have.
It allows for a closer look in either case of the Mighty Mite. Hope you like them.

PA170004

PA170006

PA170007

PA170008

PA170014

PA170017

PA170018

PA170021

PA170022

PA170005

PA170003
PA170009
PA170012
PA170013
PA170020
sox

sox

Thank you Capulator, so are we. Many things to iron out still though still but its coming;)

Here we are, 9 week mark is on the 24th of October. We are dropping the temps, Co2 and RH steadily.
Last upload until the results and chop are done. I have made an attempt to take some close up shots but when I compare it to Flowamasta's art pieces they look like shit :( Best I can do with what I have.
It allows for a closer look in either case of the Mighty Mite. Hope you like them.

View attachment 260399

View attachment 260401

View attachment 260402

View attachment 260403

View attachment 260407

View attachment 260408

View attachment 260409

View attachment 260411

View attachment 260412

View attachment 260400

that shit is insane bro, most amazing scrog i have ever seen 100%

Latest posts