2010 Tax, Regulate and Control Poll

• Thread starter kushpheen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

How will you vote on the 2010 Tax, Regulate and Control Act?

• Yes

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 45 59.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 18.4%

• Total voters
D

dooobster

Hahaha... I was wondering where the sticking point was..."Residence" and "Residents".
The "residents" are the people who live in the "residence", just to help clear that up.

You guys are a hoot... This has been an entertaining read. Thanks danko, kushpheen and Ogr.

If this bill reads the way I read it: that non-med adults would be allowed to grow in a 25 sq ft space in their home or backyard; and that they may possess the harvest of that space inside that home, no matter how much it weighs; and they would be allowed to carry up to one ounce in public... Sounds fine to me. I think I could take care of my herbal needs year-round with that 25 sq ft., and I think I could live with ONLY being able to carry ONE ounce of killer herb in my pocket legally. I would be thrilled to be a law-abiding canna-citizen. I really don't care who is making the money.

Peace

Edit: It WOULD be nice to see the words "legalize" or "total decriminalization" in the title of the bill though.

K

kushpheen

right, to avoid dr's and all that. I get it. Luckily you have the option to be a medi patient. And like southstreet said there are loopholes to grow more.

Everyone has the option to be a med patient under prop 215, its just whether you choose to or not.

O

ograskal

OK fellas..I'm gonna close this thread for a few minutes so we can all go take a smoke break and calm down a bit...It will reopen in a few minutes...Please keep thingz on topic and be respectful towards others..We are all stoners here!...~ogr

stickyicky

stickyicky

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO MIND OF YOUR OWN AND HAVE TO BASE YOUR OPIONIONS ON HOW OTHER PEOPLE interpret THIS BILL.

THAT IS ONE OF LEAST CONCERNING ISSUES FOR ANYONE FOR OR AGAINST THIS BILL.

Just say NO. That's how this bill will benifit me.

K

kushpheen

Just so were clear the difference between residence and resident doesn't boil down to interpretation, it boils down to comprehension.

C

CAPO

Edit: It WOULD be nice to see the words "legalize" or "total decriminalization" in the title of the bill though.

Ya....instead it's tax, regulate, and control.

The bottom line is whether or not permitting 21 and up without a medical reason will benefit the scene or destroy it. I see positives on both sides, as well as negatives.

I think Danko is a lot like Richard Lee in that they both want to get that "door" cracked open just to get their foot in.....regardless of the details.

Where in the Bill does it say that it does not affect people who are protected under 215 and 420? I don't think it clearly protects Caregivers and the system that is already in place.

Where is my clear explanation of how licensing or permits will take place?

I

into the light

even if it is. why would you have to carry more then a zip if your not selling? and your not a med patient? i think to get legal herb for everyone thats not a terrible trade off.

Mr.Dizzle thats 2 more votes yes since your awsome comment. thanks.

Who the hell are you to tell me whether an oz or more is excessive? How much I or my wife smoke is none of your concern. Or is it?
Lets all have a reality check folks. YOU don't think the Govt means this and These fines will only be so much and they won't really put me in jail or check for 25 ft. NO there's nothing in past history that COPS would ever do anything so mean or petty....
If your wrong then what? oh sorry my bad!
Oh that's ok dude I know you meant well......
PLEASE REALITY CHECK Later

O

ograskal

Everythingz cool over here RC....dankos kool just a little passionate about what he believe like all the others on this thread...~ogr

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

When Pot gets made OK to smoke by the general public, pot sales will go thru the roof. The Feds will leave the states alone. The Med farmers will be selling to the public or dispensaries who ever will pay the most. There’s no serial numbers on a bud, who going to know. It’s stupid that pots illegal, but they’re not going to just blow the doors open on this. There are just too many uptight people out there. This is the second big step. Medical Pot just showed that the world was not going to end and Reef Madness was not going to take over.
When it becomes legal again, no one will remember who Richard Lee is. There is so much money to be made, that you will need 100s of millions of dollars to be in the main stream sales distribution business. Remember farmers grow tobacco, farmers will grow pot. There will be a market for fine smoke like fine wine.
Some of us grew when you would be locked up forever if caught, it’s gotten easier and easier and someday you will be able to grow without being concerned about going to jail.
:icon_spin:

D

danko

When Pot gets made OK to smoke by the general public, pot sales will go thru the roof. The Feds will leave the states alone. The Med farmers will be selling to the public or dispensaries who ever will pay the most. There’s no serial numbers on a bud, who going to know. It’s stupid that pots illegal, but they’re not going to just blow the doors open on this. There are just too many uptight people out there. This is the second big step. Medical Pot just showed that the world was not going to end and Reef Madness was not going to take over.
When it becomes legal again, no one will remember who Richard Lee is. There is so much money to be made, that you will need 100s of millions of dollars to be in the main stream sales distribution business. Remember farmers grow tobacco, farmers will grow pot. There will be a market for fine smoke like fine wine.
Some of us grew when you would be locked up forever if caught, it’s gotten easier and easier and someday you will be able to grow without being concerned about going to jail.

love it!

and thanks og.

C

CAPO

I like your argument. I can see why you want it clearly. What I want to know is are we sure this won't be putting more people in jail. Especially those who feel protected under MMJ?

D

danko

robot i was the first to start a tax and regulate thread bro. i know it got hot, but ive backed every little thing ive said with documentation. nobody on the con side as shown any evidence to show what ive been saying is wrong. with the exception of the resident residence mix up. id just like to see some solid arguments against this bill.

capo, may i?

again, anyone and everyone who is at this moment or who plans to be in the futrue, post november, a medical marijuana patient will continue to have the exact amount of protection they recieve to day under the current laws set fourth by sb 420 and prop 215. ive actually told you that like 12 times.

C

CAPO

capo, may i?

again, anyone and everyone who is at this moment or who plans to be in the futrue, post november, a medical marijuana patient will continue to have the exact amount of protection they recieve to day under the current laws set fourth by sb 420 and prop 215. ive actually told you that like 12 times.

It's a lil hard to listen to you when you're abrasive. You catch a lot more flies with honey if you catch my meaning. Would you like to copy/paste the part of the bill that reinforces what your claiming. Are you saying that people with 99 plant grows in a space larger than a 5x5 will be protected under the current 215 and 420 as caregivers and considered exempt; or will the new laws help LEO enforce with a new vigor anyone who doesn't comply with the new set of rules....throwing 1000's of outdoor and indoor growers in prison and/or confiscating all their plants.
There just isn't any language to support who and how one is to be considered for "commercial" grows. Are there any in betweens, as in mid-level gro-ops? No-one is talking about that in specifics. Most Medicrops are grown by caregivers already in business. Is their any language to support where they fit in? Don't you think it will be a witch hunt when it comes down to forcing these guys to buy permits to grow commercially so they can pay all the taxes they want.

D

danko

medi herb will remain the same. tax and control is for non medi or recreational use. a commercial grow is not producing medi herb. that is a collective that produces medi herb. read the email i posted on the first page..

D

danko

i will bold what capo wants to know.

and other points of interest you all should have read.

Section 1: Name
This Act shall be known as the “Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010.”

Section 2: Findings, Intent and Purposes
This Act, adopted by the People of the State of California, makes the following Findings and Statement of Intent and Purpose:
A. Findings
1. California’s laws criminalizing cannabis (marijuana) have failed and need to be reformed. Despite spending decades arresting millions of non-violent cannabis consumers, we have failed to control cannabis or reduce its availability.

this means they want to change the laws that affect criminal marijuana. not medical

2. According to surveys, roughly 100 million Americans (around 1/3 of the country’s population) acknowledge that they have used cannabis, 15 million of those Americans having consumed cannabis in the last month. Cannabis consumption is simply a fact of life for a large percentage of Americans.
3. Despite having some of the strictest cannabis laws in the world, the United States has the largest number of cannabis consumers. The percentage of our citizens who consume cannabis is double that of the percentage of people who consume cannabis in the Netherlands, a country where the selling and adult possession of cannabis is allowed.
4. According to The National Research Council’s recent study of the 11 U.S. states where cannabis is currently decriminalized, there is little apparent relationship between severity of sanctions and the rate of consumption.
5. Cannabis has fewer harmful effects than either alcohol or cigarettes, which are both legal for adult consumption. Cannabis is not physically addictive, does not have long term toxic effects on the body, and does not cause its consumers to become violent.
6. There is an estimated $15 billion in illegal cannabis transactions in California each year. Taxing and regulating cannabis, like we do with alcohol and cigarettes, will generate billions of dollars in annual revenues for California to fund what matters most to Californians: jobs, health care, schools and libraries, roads, and more.
7. California wastes millions of dollars a year targeting, arresting, trying, convicting, and imprisoning non-violent citizens for cannabis related offenses. This money would be better used to combat violent crimes and gangs.
8. The illegality of cannabis enables for the continuation of an out-of-control criminal market, which in turn spawns other illegal and often violent activities. Establishing legal, regulated sales outlets would put dangerous street dealers out of business.
B. Purposes
1. Reform California’s cannabis laws in a way that will benefit our state.
2. Regulate cannabis like we do alcohol: Allow adults to possess and consume small amounts of cannabis.
3. Implement a legal regulatory framework to give California more control over the cultivation, processing, transportation, distribution, and sales of cannabis.
4. Implement a legal regulatory framework to better police and prevent access to and consumption of cannabis by minors in California.
5. Put dangerous, underground street dealers out of business, so their influence in our communities will fade.
6. Provide easier, safer access for patients who need cannabis for medical purposes.

by having retail availability

7. Ensure that if a city decides not to tax and regulate the sale of cannabis, that buying and selling cannabis within that city’s limits remain illegal, but that the city’s citizens still have the right to possess and consume small amounts, except as permitted under Health and Safety Sections 11362.5 and 11362.7 through 11362.9.

health and safty sections above are the current laws we operate under as medical marijuana growers and users

8. Ensure that if a city decides it does want to tax and regulate the buying and selling of cannabis (to and from adults only), that a strictly controlled legal system is implemented to oversee and regulate cultivation, distribution, and sales, and that the city will have control over how and how much cannabis can be bought and sold, except as permitted under Health and Safety Sections 11362.5 and 11362.7 through 11362.9.

once again, this bill protects us.

9. Tax and regulate cannabis to generate billions of dollars for our state and local governments to fund what matters most: jobs, healthcare, schools and libraries, parks, roads, transportation, and more.
10. Stop arresting thousands of non-violent cannabis consumers, freeing up police resources and saving millions of dollars each year, which could be used for apprehending truly dangerous criminals and keeping them locked up, and for other essential state needs that lack funding.
11. Allow the Legislature to adopt a statewide regulatory system for a commercial cannabis industry.
12. Make cannabis available for scientific, medical, industrial, and research purposes.
13. Permit California to fulfill the state’s obligations under the United States Constitution to enact laws concerning health, morals, public welfare and safety within the State.
14. Permit the cultivation of small amounts of cannabis for personal consumption.

for the non medi guys out there. this bill allows you to grow too! that richard lee's the devil!!!

C

CAPO

What the hell does selling it through "proper" channels mean?

Growers ain't claiming grows on their income tax. The ONLY way to get people to do that would be to tax the sale to a retailer and a purchase from the customer and bring Godfearing Hammer down on the people not paying this tax by threatening jail and/or confiscation.

.......................putting a lot of people in jail.

mark my words make this about money and not medical necessity and heads are gonna freakin roll when the state feels they are not gettin theirs.

Oh What the hell though it's only life/death, prison/freedom.
I always wanted legal weed..........ha...funny when it comes down to it and ends up it's a little more complicated than when I first wanted that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom