2014 light dep, sanvanalona style

• Thread starter sanvanalona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I bet you grin every time you walk out to see that. Am I right? ;)
Yes I do! I am also a worrywort though, so I am also concerned every time I look at it...just in case something is wrong you know. This time of year is really nice, my jars fill faster than I can smoke them....now I just gotta figure out a nitro sealer for the winter time! Hope all is good in your world.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

No only the expensive one is a greenhouse. The other ones are open sun and they just have automated dark covers that come up during the hours you choose. I would just have them covered up from 6pm-9pm and then its basically outdoor otherwise, just like what you're doing now.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

No only the expensive one is a greenhouse. The other ones are open sun and they just have automated dark covers that come up during the hours you choose. I would just have them covered up from 6pm-9pm and then its basically outdoor otherwise, just like what you're doing now.
Fuck yeah!!!! Thanks again Gorilla!

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

For sure man. Right now I have the indoor going pretty proper but the ultimate way to grow is without a doubt light dep outdoors maybe light dep greenhouse because you can control all the elements and add co2, but light dep either way. I'm scouting out properties as we speak.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

For sure man. Right now I have the indoor going pretty proper but the ultimate way to grow is without a doubt light dep outdoors maybe light dep greenhouse because you can control all the elements and add co2, but light dep either way. I'm scouting out properties as we speak.
Yes, yes, and yes!!! The only thing I can tell you is that additional co2 destroys terpenes!!! Its fucking crazy but I guess its the price one has to pay for a bumper harvest. I think you would be impressed, if you haven't already tried, the results of full sun depo. Its so fucking good!!!!!!! Especially if you are in cali or a similar climate

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

How do you know additional co2 destroys terpenes? I've never heard that before, intriguing.
Yeah right! I have never heard it before either, it was by mistake that i figured it out. About five years ago, I was in Montana and a good friend of mine started a medical grow and I helped him with the specifics, a consultation of sorts. Anyway, he sourced a "sour diesel" cut from his homie in the bay, I was skeptical because at the time the cut was closely guarded. So he set up a room to my specifications, co2 burner and all, and he killed it! His first run he did over 1.5 per light and that is impressive in my book, except that when his sour d finished it was not the sour d that I knew and loved. While it had some reminiscent characteristics overall it seemed like a distant cousin that I nicknamed sour weasel. About a year or so later I set up a grow of my own and we literally grew everything the same way as my buddy and the only thing I did not do was add co2 because of the cost of a burner. Well, at the end of the crop something was completely different with diesel and with all my strains (which were the same as his because I took cuts directly off of his mothers) and it was awesome!!! The weasel was no longer weasel, it smelled and tasted like skunky, funky sour d!!! So fucking good, and everyone including my buddy was aware of this, in fact it took him doing multiple runs before conceding that I was onto something. Now, I can almost call when most (not all strains react this way but almost every sativa leaning hybrid absolutely does) strains are grown with large amounts of co2. The looks, smell, and most importantly taste are very different. If you have a chance to test this, please do I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

By the way, my buddy was getting close to 2#s per light with his diesel grown under co2 and now from what I know the co2 is x'd out of his equation, harvest weights suffer but its crazy the quality that is made up!

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

Very cool. Yeah I am all about quality, don't really care about the yield that much. I will definitely take this into consideration when I set up my light dep spots.

INbreed312

INbreed312

Yeah right! I have never heard it before either, it was by mistake that i figured it out. About five years ago, I was in Montana and a good friend of mine started a medical grow and I helped him with the specifics, a consultation of sorts. Anyway, he sourced a "sour diesel" cut from his homie in the bay, I was skeptical because at the time the cut was closely guarded. So he set up a room to my specifications, co2 burner and all, and he killed it! His first run he did over 1.5 per light and that is impressive in my book, except that when his sour d finished it was not the sour d that I knew and loved. While it had some reminiscent characteristics overall it seemed like a distant cousin that I nicknamed sour weasel. About a year or so later I set up a grow of my own and we literally grew everything the same way as my buddy and the only thing I did not do was add co2 because of the cost of a burner. Well, at the end of the crop something was completely different with diesel and with all my strains (which were the same as his because I took cuts directly off of his mothers) and it was awesome!!! The weasel was no longer weasel, it smelled and tasted like skunky, funky sour d!!! So fucking good, and everyone including my buddy was aware of this, in fact it took him doing multiple runs before conceding that I was onto something. Now, I can almost call when most (not all strains react this way but almost every sativa leaning hybrid absolutely does) strains are grown with large amounts of co2. The looks, smell, and most importantly taste are very different. If you have a chance to test this, please do I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

By the way, my buddy was getting close to 2#s per light with his diesel grown under co2 and now from what I know the co2 is x'd out of his equation, harvest weights suffer but its crazy the quality that is made up!

Fascinating. It's like body builders who roid. Sure, they look the part, but those knots are not formed properly and if you stop pumping or roiding for a second, they deflate. Just like lacking muscular structure from injecting thickeners, so too do choice flowers respond with CO2 inflation. In theory, it sounds good, though I do not believe it is the terpene profile alone that suffers. The plant is attempting to take all the CO2 it can to bulk up and directs its attention from finishing and over to getting bigger. I can't say I ever pieced the two together before now, but now that I think of all the thick lucious crystally nugs I have seen indoor, most were CO2'd and never had that kaPOW smell or taste. I am def wanting to do some experiments with this now. Thanks for the idea.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Fascinating. It's like body builders who roid. Sure, they look the part, but those knots are not formed properly and if you stop pumping or roiding for a second, they deflate. Just like lacking muscular structure from injecting thickeners, so too do choice flowers respond with CO2 inflation. In theory, it sounds good, though I do not believe it is the terpene profile alone that suffers. The plant is attempting to take all the CO2 it can to bulk up and directs its attention from finishing and over to getting bigger. I can't say I ever pieced the two together before now, but now that I think of all the thick lucious crystally nugs I have seen indoor, most were CO2'd and never had that kaPOW smell or taste. I am def wanting to do some experiments with this now. Thanks for the idea.
you are very welcome! Thanks for being open to new information, its really hard to go against the grain so to speak in this industry! I am sure you will be very happy with the experiment, it opened my eyes quite greatly! I love the steroid analogy, I think that its quite spot on.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They have automated light dep systems now. Makes it so much easier.
Yes, but have you priced any of them out? I've priced out the Forever Flowering and I'd need to take out a 2nd mortgage for one of those.
I don't have a whole lot of time this morning and I couldn't find the pricing on the other two sites you listed, but am interested on the price points of those simpler systems.

M

mcpuffin

Yes, but have you priced any of them out? I've priced out the Forever Flowering and I'd need to take out a 2nd mortgage for one of those.

Check out the Emerald Kingdom Greenhouse light dep systems, way more reasonably priced than Forever Flowering. I also saw on Craigslist Sacramento the other day I saw another company doing automated system, can't remember the name of the, but again cheaper than FF.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Check out the Emerald Kingdom Greenhouse light dep systems, way more reasonably priced than Forever Flowering. I also saw on Craigslist Sacramento the other day I saw another company doing automated system, can't remember the name of the, but again cheaper than FF.
I think they are selling those on CL and they seem to be priced nicely
Not sure what all you get though

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

I don't have a whole lot of time this morning and I couldn't find the pricing on the other two sites you listed, but am interested on the price points of those simpler systems.

$4250 for the basic $9800 for the fully automated one from harvest excel. Still a bit pricey but I think its well worth it. You can kick out three harvests a year with way less work. At least two.

Dunge

Dunge

in that this thread has already wandered off into alternative methods, I wish to resurrect an old thread:
Blackout tent is Fully AUTOMATIC
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/summer-2011-blackout-tent-needed.30866/
Scroll down to where I get the blackout working.
One garage door opener, relays and timers.
I get some wind.
So the tent is used as wind protection.
The blackout runs inside the tent.
If I had used two layers of black plastic, and the weather had cooperated, I believe I would have been much happier with the results.
In the following summers, my wife has taken to growing tomatoes and such in the tent.
The home politics of this outweigh my desire to run another light dep.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Here we go. Some amazing purple on deck... The top 44, aka tropical fruit punch, this is an unbelievably quick strain with such awesome smells and taste. The second photo is of romulan, romulan joe killed it with the rom (I believe this is his cut).

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
$4250 for the basic $9800 for the fully automated one from harvest excel. Still a bit pricey but I think its well worth it. You can kick out three harvests a year with way less work. At least two.
That's a fraction of the price points I was quoted for the FF systems. Which are nice, to be sure. But I can't do another mortgage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom