• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Soil is about balance. I see low Ca, but that could be cause of low B or other cations competing for base saturation space. Have you seen a perfect grow? I have not. Been doing this for a very long time, but people are getting closer. First step IMO, know what is in your soil. I can tell you 100%, Ca is low on EVERY BAGGED SOIL in America. I have tested many myself, and I am part of a team of agronomist that are testing hundreds of samples. Ca is a major problem, followed by low minerals or unbalanced minerals.

I would say throw some Ca on the soil and see what happens, but without soil tests I would be shooting in the dark. All I see is low Zn, low Ca, and possibly low P. Good luck on the grow, but lets start testing soil. That is the next step, imo.

Edit: btw, crazy how your grow has stretched on the right, but compact on the left. Same strain or due to the different bulbs?

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Soil is about balance. I see low Ca, but that could be cause of low B or other cations competing for base saturation space. Have you seen a perfect grow? I have not. Been doing this for a very long time, but people are getting closer. First step IMO, know what is in your soil. I can tell you 100%, Ca is low on EVERY BAGGED SOIL in America. I have tested many myself, and I am part of a team of agronomist that are testing hundreds of samples. Ca is a major problem, followed by low minerals or unbalanced minerals.

I would say throw some Ca on the soil and see what happens, but without soil tests I would be shooting in the dark. All I see is low Zn, low Ca, and possibly low P. Good luck on the grow, but lets start testing soil. That is the next step, imo.

Edit: btw, crazy how your grow has stretched on the right, but compact on the left. Same strain or due to the different bulbs?
On the right is cherry pie which is a short pheno & the other side is gg4 & fruitpunch & frogdog i roate bulbs every 5 days to get different spectrum

S

Slownickel

Mn is interveinal yellowing in a very broad fashion on newer leaves. You can also see it on older leaves, the same way.

The argument is pretty clear. The more Ca you can get into the plant the more you can closer to reaching the full genetic potential of the plant. Read this book, More Food from Soil Science and then read the articles posted. https://goo.gl/drwtMe The one article Cannabinoid ... shows you pretty conclusively which elements drive the actives in cannabis.

Go to table 6 and look to see what trial had the highest THC. It was sample 2, by quite a bit, nearly 5 times more THC than most samples. Then go look at the leaf analysis, which sample had the highest Ca (again by a lot)? Sample 2. Then go to the pdf chart that I supplied where we calculate which soil had the highest Ca against K, Mg and Na? Sample 2, by a lot.

Did this mean that the other plants were bad? No. Does it mean that there is a clear path to making something better? Yes. That is all Hazy is trying to tell you.

In Economics, there is a phenomena where by if something is very cheap, folks won't buy it thinking that they should be spending more money for it to be really worth something. I think it is called the snob effect. It is amazing how many folks are willing to go out and spend a fortune on everything else, but they won't try the most basic of basics.... calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom