2019 outdoor season

• Thread starter 45North
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
simcoesod

simcoesod

It entirely depends what your definition of big is
too a lot of people a pound plant is big...
i dont have the time,money or resources to do 50 gallon pots...i would love to try it...just to see what i could pull.im getting an average of 1.5 lbs per 20 gallon pot,some a bit less some more...thi year they are far exceeding what my intitial prediction was....i think ill pull some good weight this year depending on mold resistance

Fatboy

Fatboy

too a lot of people a pound plant is big...
i dont have the time,money or resources to do 50 gallon pots...i would love to try it...just to see what i could pull.im getting an average of 1.5 lbs per 20 gallon pot,some a bit less some more...thi year they are far exceeding what my intitial prediction was....i think ill pull some good weight this year depending on mold resistance
I make my own compost and utilize notill practices so it really doesn't cost that much.

Rooke

Rooke

I make my own compost and utilize notill practices so it really doesn't cost that much.
Hey there how long does horse crap need to decay before you can use it in your soil I sure have a lot of it? Can you use it to make compost tea?

Fatboy

Fatboy

Hey there how long does horse crap need to decay before you can use it in your soil I sure have a lot of it? Can you use it to make compost tea?
It should compost till it cools...if you build the pile correctly it could take around 2 months. I have a great deal of I formation on compost and utilizing beneficial micro organisms but don't know how to share it unless you have drop box....also look into Korean natural farming (knf).

TerriR

TerriR

Pretty happy with these sweet baby girls so far. Gave them a Rootshield watering at planting and they didn’t even wilt (4 days since the cloning). I am pretty much sold on the Rootshield now!
in 2 days these clones will be 2 weeks old...good so far. Keeping them in a dome under lights (14 hours on, 10 off). What is my best next step: move them outside where their mother is currently flowering, so I assume they will flower immediately OR set up the indoor grow? Could I adjust the light now and safely move them outside? Is that even an option?

E5D04C99 F7F0 45F5 B772 94B092C0EF57
MooseFarts

MooseFarts

in 2 days these clones will be 2 weeks old...good so far. Keeping them in a dome under lights (14 hours on, 10 off). What is my best next step: move them outside where their mother is currently flowering, so I assume they will flower immediately OR set up the indoor grow? Could I adjust the light now and safely move them outside? Is that even an option?

My guess is that they would grow a bit but start to flower shortly anyways because it’s almost that time of the year (if you put them outside). Do you have access to an indoor grow setup?

Question : did you root the cuttings right in the soil? I was always curious about the difference between starting them in rockwool cubes compared to directly in some soil. Never have played around with cloning myself but I’m thinking I’ll do it next season.

simcoesod

simcoesod

i dont really see the point,you will get nothing off them,id veg them out and flower inside in a couple onths

TerriR

TerriR

My guess is that they would grow a bit but start to flower shortly anyways because it’s almost that time of the year (if you put them outside). Do you have access to an indoor grow setup?

Question : did you root the cuttings right in the soil? I was always curious about the difference between starting them in rockwool cubes compared to directly in some soil. Never have played around with cloning myself but I’m thinking I’ll do it next season.
Yes, I have a couple of tents...I can set one up I suppose (outdoor is just so much simpler). I do clones right into soil...K9 in this case. The trick is to dip in cloning gel and water right then with Rootshield (thanks BurnedHaze for that secret). I think cloning is a million times easier than popping seeds but you have to get a female first. 😁

Top Bottom