2kw SCROG with Blackberry Kush in Roots Coco 2nd Grow

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Day 2 Flowering

Well naptime is over for the girls. I am really impressed with how the girls have filled up the screen. I found a brand new dehumidifier on CL for 50 bucks....just had to drive a ways to snatch it up. The RH was around 68% last night when I turned it on and it came down to 51% by morning time when I emptied out the reservoir. I may build a table and hook up a hose for it but then again maybe not. After this run is over this room is being taken down as I will be switching to vertical lighting and an undercurrent.

My only serious concerns at this point are if I will have enough room between the canopy and the lights. Its hard to tell in the pics because of the yellow, but the growth in the center has a bit of light bleaching. I can raise the lights about 4 more inches and then my only option will be to get rid of the Petzl wall haulers and attach the 2x4 directly to the eyes in the ceiling. I have also considered dropping the legs on the table a bit. We shall see.
:evilgrin0040:

100 1784
100 1785
100 1786
Y

yeeyee

i started a grow around the same day as you (give or take a day) with a strain called candy purps useing ffof and added perlite and i only veged for 9 days and wow they are all 3 to 4 ft tall and all filled in with nugs. looks like yours are doing just as well keep up the good work ps had the same problem with the spaceing between the light and i just setthem on the floor. only choice i had but now i gta break my back wen im wattering them every night hopefully your strain isnt as stretchy as mine or your going to be doing the same lol good luck

gregg

M

mrdizzle

hey bro the blackberries respond well to leaf plucking, I like day 7, I just stripped my big blackberries of pretty much all their fan leafs , new ones will grow back but that way you dont have to lollipop at all

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Thanks for stopping by mrdizzle. I lollipopped my last week of veg since I am in a scrog.I wanted to get rid of all the lower growth that won't be getting any light before I hit em with the bud blood. Tonight will be day 7 and I think I may take your advice by getting rid of some of the fan leaves on what is above the screen. The growth in the last week has been INSANE! It is really thick in there. On the advice of my friend I am going to burn some sulfur to prevent any kind of mold or mildew.

Just a heads up for all you Coco heads out there. Two weeks ago I decided to test out the worth of my Drip Clean purchase. I have been feeding pretty heavily with only one flush every 7 days. My only previous grow was in soil but I remember having to flush the shit out if it because I had lockout issues. I don't know if it is the Roots Coco or the H&G Drip Clean or what but I have had no problems the last two weeks with any lockout or salt build up. :yes

In retrospect I could have gone into flower a week earlier, but I am pretty happy with the canopy that I have right now and I am gettin anxious to see some buds form on these girls.

I spent a little time in Cannabis Photography yesterday and figured out how to get rid of the yellowing from the HPS. These pics are a little better that previous ones.

I have also included some pics of my first attempt at cloning. I took cuts of the Goo that I gifted to my friend for her outdoor, and cuts of the Blackberry. Last night I saw roots on one of the Goo's and I will start transplanting them to party cups tonight.

100 1789
100B1790
100B1800
100B1810
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I forgot to add that last night I raised the lights a bit more and all the light bleaching seemed to go away overnight. When I went in the room this morning to empty the dehumidifier the center of the canopy had taken on a nice dark green again.

A

amstercal

CelticEBE-- They look great! How tall are they? And you didn't top or fim, right? Can't wait to see how the fill in.

Mr D--I remember you saying you didn't have any larf, so you cut fan leaves but didn't prune any bud sites at all and didn't get any larf? Do you think that was the strain/the fan leaf trimming you did or do you think it just responded that well to the vertical lighting?

It's great to be able to see different approaches to the same strain. Looks like blackberry is a healthy gal from at least two different approaches.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

amstercal

I did FIM about a week into Veg. I also supercropped a bit though it scarred the hell outta me and I wound up losing a branch or two in the process. Not sure if the FIM was really necessary on this strain as it is just naturally bushy. I will be building a room with a good friend after this is done and running vertical lighting with a DIY undercurrent. Can't wait to see what the BBK does in a system like that.

A

amstercal

So if you run it again, will you just LST and skip the rest? And how tall are they? Thanks.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Well my next run I am doing vertical lighting so I won't necessarily do anything except maybe strip back some fan leaves from time to time. I am for sure going to keep this cut around for a little while, but I am also looking into getting some other Kush genetics as well.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Thanks Darth! You are using the Roots Coco as well right? Are you using Drip Clean as well? I think I remember talking to you about it once. I just recently decided to flush once a week since I am using it. So far so good. I have gone the last 6 feedings with 900 ppm with no burn at all. I flush tonight with about 2 gallons run off on each plant and then I will flip em.

Yep, In fact I have half my plants in the Roots coco and the other half in Botanicare Cocotek, which is straight unamended coco. Plants are doing just fine in both. I'm using FloraKleen, which I think is pretty much the same. Currently using about once a week myself, no runoff.

... I don't know if it is the Roots Coco or the H&G Drip Clean or what but I have had no problems the last two weeks with any lockout or salt build up.

I believe you'd have to be super-ultra-dialed to not eventually have issues w/ salt buildup without some type of preventative maintenance - whether it's straight water every X # of days, or using a flushing solution. The drip clean/FloraKleen route is so convenient & easy that it seems like a no-brainer.

I had the BBK once and it was THE smoothest smoke I've ever had - like silk, couldn't cough if I wanted too LOL. Was surprised that it didn't have much flavor though, but I liked it a lot for a bedtime smoke. Was told it was soil/organic grown.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Darth

I am feeding for 6 days with just a little run off and then I flush on the seventh day with about 2 gallons of runoff. I mix all my nutes for the week with the Drip Clean in the mix (.4ml per gallon) and keep my pump running with an airstone in the mix as well. I just have to adjust the ph a bit every night before I feed. I have been doing this for two weeks now at 900ppm in Veg and then one week of 900ppm in flower. When I get things ramped up to 1400 ppm I will be keeping a very wary eye on things.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I took the wall haulers off last night and went back to the ratchet pulleys I got. Gained about 6 inches on that. I think the girls have grown about a foot since I went into flower. As per mrdizzles suggestion tonight I will be culling some fan leaves. I think I may twisty tie the growth back down to the screen a bit as well. It really is rather out of control. My RH is sitting at about 55% which is a tad higher than I would like. I got some Safer Fungicide and I am going to treat them with it tomorrow morning.

When I went in the room last night there were tiny little buds everywhere. Picture update tomorrow.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So I didn't have time to green clean last night but I am going to thin things out tonight. I took a few pics.This morning I sprayed them down with Safer's Fungicide as a bit of preventative maintenance. My RH is right about 50% which I know is high for flowering. Not sure if I should buy another dehumidifier. Most people are telling me that I should be ok at 50%. I tend to overthink things a bit.

Here are a few pics. The third one is a good shot of how much things have grown since I have flipped them. I'm pretty damn happy with the amount of buds that are forming.:party0045:

The last three days I have been feeding at 1000 ppm and I am going to bring it up to 1100 for the next three days before I flush.

I absolutely have to cut my table down some. I still haven't twisty tied the plants down. Going to do that when I green clean. Regardless the table has to come down a bit. I am running out of room and fast. I really didn't expect the growth that came after I flipped, it has me a bit intimidated.

100 1813
100 1831
100 1832
100 1833
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Look like they are stretching alot. You can try to use negative diff to help with the stretch.

Did you use conni from week1 of flower? Look like they may be starting to get a nitrogen def.

You watering by hand? Did not see how your irrigating your plants.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Day 16 Flower

So last week under the suggestion of MrDizzle I went through and cleared out fan leaves. It doesn't look like I did anything now though. This is one bushy plant. I think I may go through and clear out some more tonight. I got a bit sketched out when I went to twisty tie the growth down to the screen so I am going to do some bondage and tie them up and pull em back a bit. Once I get all growth to an even canopy again I will lower the lights a bit again. As it is I had to cut 7" off the legs of the table the other night (that was a lot of fun!) Some of the buds were just tooooo close to the light for my comfort.

The girls seem to be responding very well to the nute schedule. I have ppms up to 1200 right now and no signs of claw or any defs. The other night when I flushed the coco it seemed as though the water was the same coming out as it was going in so that makes me think they are gobbling everything up really well.

Quick question for you fellow farmers out there.

How close do you run your lights to your plants?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Day 16 Flower

@ leadsled

Yes I have been using conni since day 1. The light green you see there is more light bleached than anything else. The outskirts of things are a lush green. They did stretch a bit. I water everynight by hand. I have a 32 gallon trash can that I mix up all my nutes in. I keep a pump and airstone running in it. I feed them for 6 days and then I flush. The buckets catch any drips and the runoff from the flush.

100 1834
100B1840
100 1864
100B1870
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
thanks for sharing, was debatong to use conni from week 1 or not on my next run. Made em grow for crazy that is for sure.

Like how you use the buckets to catch the runoff. I been using the trays and they do not catch enough runoff. Nice job!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

thanks for sharing, was debatong to use conni from week 1 or not on my next run. Made em grow for crazy that is for sure.

Like how you use the buckets to catch the runoff. I been using the trays and they do not catch enough runoff. Nice job!

I meant to say this yesterday, I too thought it was nitrogen def at first. Then I saw that the rest of the plant was a dark green and it was only really the center and the branches that had really grown close to the light that were a light green.

Crazy is not the word for it! I still can't believe how much they took off when I put em in flower. I'm ramped up to 1200 ppm right now and I have considered backing off a bit because of the growth. I tied back all the really tall growth last night and pinched a few as well. Managed to get the lights back down a bit.

When I cut the table legs down 7 inches I had to cut my buckets as well. Kind of a waste as I doubt I will ever use them again now that I have cut them.....but I had to do it. When I feed they just catch a few drops here and there. I flush once a week and thats when they really come in handy as I usually like to have about 1 1/2 to 2 gallons of runoff. I'm not sure if I am right or wrong about this, but to me it makes sense. It seems to flush out any built up nutes in the coco, along with resetting the plants for the next week of nutes, which sometimes there are changes in the regimen.....like switching from Bud Blood to Big Bud, Big Bud to Overdrive. Sometimes I wish I would have set up an automatic top feed system, but I kinda like watering them by hand every night.

Ok guys.....one more time. How close do you run your lights to the canopy? Is light bleaching a problem that will affect the outcome of my harvest?

B

Boomer242

figured id swing by pull up a chair and see wat all u got goin on here. maybe i can learn a few things.

-scribed

Top Bottom