2nd round with C.S. nutrients.

• Thread starter tipper619sd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tipper619sd

cool i checked out DS thread he helped me alot last round but ya he has bushes in he said a month but i dont understand how they are so big? Maybe my feeding schedule is to low or something or im missing something? Also i went in the room today and saw them all growing up towards the light few inches they grew overnight. I cut a few fan leafs cause they were laying on the under growth. I wanted to know is it ok to cut some of the fan leafs if they are blocking the growth ?

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

DS most likely does everything under 1kws, CO2 and everything else dialed to get them that big in such a short time. It would take me 2 months without CO2 to see something as big. Do not ruin your plants by thinking more food equals more growth.

You can take off whatever leaves you want. I regularly strip off all the lower fan leaves that wont get light. This helps the branches get a lot thicker and the remaining leaves get larger to make up for it. Over the years you'll learn how to 'design a plant' to your liking and maximize yields.

T

tipper619sd

cool ya i cut a few branches to help with the light penetrating new growth and have seen very good results so far. I do really want to cut off all the lower ones yet because i would like to get them in root cubes and save a few clones for the next round. I havent fed them anything since i recorded it on here and i have seen them grow a couple inches everyday. I am very happy so far with the help you have gave me and a few other farmers I have seen a very nice healthy grow . I cant wait to flip these girls into flower . Also can i stat topping the other tps to make more tops or is it to fast since i just did all that cutting on them. Thanks again rollin.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Let us see some pictures of how they look now.

I'm sure they're growing like weeds and can probably be topped a couple more times in the next 2 weeks. Once they start touching each other is when I would flip to bloom. You don't want to overgrow the space and prevent light from penetrating the length of the colas.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Nice bro. Give them a few more days before axing the dominant tops again. After that I think you're set to flip over to 12/12. They'll double or triple in size.

What's up with the leaf curl? Are they still doing it on newer leaves?

T

tipper619sd

ok cool i was thinking that also that maybe in a few more days i can top again and yea i refilled the system so im thinking the leaf curl is from the water level being higher then before. I also added about 15 ml of cal mag so that might be it also. Im still learning about water level in this system but im so worried about roots that i tend to keep it i guess higher then i should, therfore making the leafs curl do to too much water. Still learning but im happy im at a way better stage then last time.

Camnibus

Camnibus

That curl/cupping makes them look dry, almost like they need more water.......

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

I am adding it to the add back to my 5 gal top off but i havent added anything else.
When you apply nutes they should be mixed and added as one homogenous solution. Not any one component only as the plants use these minerals all in relativity to one another.
Also, get a top off res, it will make your UC grow much easier, trust.

T

tipper619sd

Thanks for the pics man. Whats with the blue tape?

Peace,

Ham

haha thats actually the pvc glue got a lil carried away just wanted to make sure there were no leaks.

That curl/cupping makes them look dry, almost like they need more water.......

Ok i was kinda thinking the water has been getting low fast checked this morning and saw that they drank about 2 gals in 2 days . Theres about a 4 to 5 inche gap between the net pot and the waterline. Might not be good.

When you apply nutes they should be mixed and added as one homogenous solution. Not any one component only as the plants use these minerals all in relativity to one another.

I have a rez with float valve was in the process of cleaning it good and hooking it up just been busy with my outdoor . Its about lil drive to get to everyday. and plus work gotta pay the bills u know.

Thanks guys for the advice duely noted i will be hooking up my 55 gal rez now. Hopefully everything works out right. I also had a question or Questions should i say. What is a good level between the water and the baskets? And in my 55 gal rez should i just have water and it phd to keep the plants from getting to much nutes (if i added nutes to the rez)? Or add nutes at like lets say 100 ppms ?

Thanks again guys love the comments and thank you for the knowledge much appreciated.

T

tipper619sd

Also my bad was pretty blasted earlier . I add all my nutes in a 5 gal bucket and ph and mix then add back to epicenter. Is this not a good way to do things?

T

tipper619sd

So heres an update guys i was pleased to find my girls had drank about 5 gals or more of water since i topped back off. My float needs repair so when i get a new one ill show pics of the 55 gal drum. Here are a few pics from today before i did a lil trim of bottom leafs. I also topped all the tops of the fire og so ill see how many tops i can get. Anywho heres the pics. Hope everyone had a safe and fun weekend. Im still trying to figure out the leaf curl also any advice?

IMG 20120729 103924
IMG 20120729 103953
IMG 20120729 103933
IMG 20120729 103946
IMG 20120729 104005
IMG 20120729 104041
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I know the OG's have a bit of leaf curl naturally, but that is too drastic to be just genetics. My guess is that your pH is off or your nutrient solution is too strong.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Couldn't have topped those better myself bro, nice job!

I wish I could nail the issue causing the leaf curl from here, but it remains a mystery for now. All I can think of is figuring out how close your light is to the canopy and if the leaf surface feels cool or warm to the touch.

T

tipper619sd

I know the OG's have a bit of leaf curl naturally, but that is too drastic to be just genetics. My guess is that your pH is off or your nutrient solution is too strong.
My ph is at 5.5 and my ppms are at 450 but my water comes in at 250 so ppms at 200 ? At least thats what i am thinking but could be way off.

Couldn't have topped those better myself bro, nice job!

I wish I could nail the issue causing the leaf curl from here, but it remains a mystery for now. All I can think of is figuring out how close your light is to the canopy and if the leaf surface feels cool or warm to the touch.

Ya maybe my lights are just to close but i do have a fan( Rotating) blowing over the tops of the girls and a constant blowing over the tops . Maybe thats the issue? My lights are about 7 inches to 12 inches on the smallest one away from the light. Kinda worded that weird. Also thanks again rollin ya man im kinda liking the way this round has been going so happy i have everything pretty much dialed in. I wondered about that cause some leafs were dry and crispy this morning on the edges . Could it be possible heat issue or maybe too much air ? What would u think .

Thanks again for the input smoking gun and rollin much appreciated. I really like how this website has knowledgeable people and also being able to talk to all of you farmers and learn more from real people. Much love and happy farming. Peace

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Whoa! pH needs to be up at 6.2 homie. Watch them fucking rage when it happens!

Top Bottom