2nd round with C.S. nutrients.

• Thread starter tipper619sd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tipper619sd

ok 6.2 it is ill try to get it back up to there. I was told to let the ph rise from 5.5 to 6.5 and then back it down again. Letting the plant get available nutrients in each level. I guess different points there are more available nutes then others.?

T

tipper619sd

ok cool im gonna get that under control right now thanks brotha

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

For sure. Excited to hear you report back in a few days when they're needing a chain saw to keep under control.

Don't do the big no no and add pH adjusters undiluted to the epicenter. Dip 5 gallons out of the UC into your bucket and adjust it several points lower and then add it back, let it run for 30 minutes to an hour before repeating if required. Slow and steady wins this race.

T

tipper619sd

cool cause thats how i hav been doing it. I just use my chiller hose and fill 5 gals back into the bucket mix and then add back. I also do this with top off.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

ok 6.2 it is ill try to get it back up to there. I was told to let the ph rise from 5.5 to 6.5 and then back it down again. Letting the plant get available nutrients in each level. I guess different points there are more available nutes then others.?

The fluctuation of pH does indeed allow the plants to uptake different levels of nutrients . However 5.8 is an ideal pH to be shooting for. At that pH the plants are able to take up the widest range of nutrients and in proper amounts for the health of the plant. But as I said some fluctuation can be beneficial to the health of the plants.

So I am still a bit stumped as to where that leaf curl is coming from. Your ppm's are actually much lower than I thought they would be, so I am going to have to say we are not looking at nute burn. Rollin brought up the point of your light and that got me thinking that could absolutely be a problem. What size light are you running?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

7-12 inches from the top of the plant is definitely too close. That is probably the source of the leaf curl. The curling is caused by the plant trying to transpire at rates above normal. When the lights are that close the leaf surfaces get too hot and since most of the stoma are found on the bottom of the leaves they turn up when trying to transpire. Raise your light to about 18 inches from the top of the plants. That should solve the leaf curl. It is also why you are seeing the leaves get crispy, they are cooking.

T

tipper619sd

Well yesterday i brought the light up and have seen less curl on the leaves very happy. And also my ph is at 5.8 so that is a good thing . Here are a few pics gonna take a few clones from the bottoms and then flip these girls. They are getting big and hopefully by the end of flower ill have a nice crop full of fire nugs. Have a great day farmers and peace and happy farming.
IMG 20120730 140521

IMG 20120730 140530
IMG 20120730 140535
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Those girls are looking much better. Keep things that nice and you will surely have a nice harvest.

T

tipper619sd

thanks smoking hoping to get them nice and thick for the thanksgiving time

T

tipper619sd

so would u say that 5.5 is where i wanna be well 5.5 to 6.0

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Not unless your trying to lock out phosphorus and manganese (bottom of the chart)... Check that link

T

tipper619sd

oh i see 5.0 would be the best 5.0 to 5.3? another question can i start flipping my lights with the veg formula still in the system for lets say a couple days??

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I recommend that you do. When we flip, i use all veg as the initial base, and then top off with bloom (first week).

T

tipper619sd

ok cool thanks ds .Changed the timer so now today will be first week of bloom.

T

tipper619sd

So here the update guy. My room is at 70 degrees and 48 rh i have a fan blowing over the tops light is 12 or more inches from tops. Girls got clipped last night took about 30 clones we will see how the turn out. I flipped them yesterday for the first time so its officially bloom time. :-) heres a fw pics enjoy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom