2Water's Two Tents of Cannabis

• Thread starter 2Water
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Water

2Water

Yep, watch your plants, they talk a lot if you’re a good listener hahahahaha.
I’ve just found all of these other metrics that are applied nowadays not applicable to when and how I grow. If you can create and maintain a proper microclimate all that other stuff shouldn’t matter you know?
Sure high rh is great for cuttings, but I’ve rooted them without domes in all types of environments for years. You really gotta be fucking up to get indoor stem rot.
Honestly I settled on vpd for my environment setting simply for ease of how I am running my tents. I vent my flower tent into the veg tent and exhaust that out of filter exhausted out a window. I was planning on touching more about my depression, how I grow and my setup more in depth, but @3cats opened up perhaps the need for it.

Since I am exhausting both tents out of 1, I have my fan set at a constant draw. I set my humidifiers to vpd to allow proper humidity to be maintained as lights go on and off. I found using just rh% settings to leave the tents playing catch up.

From my research, and everyone has an opinion or info they learned along the way, but as long as the root zone is above 65F you're good. Yes, they will grow faster in a warmer environment, but right now is the coldest my apartment gets and there is a 7-8F temp difference between the seasons, this being the coldest.

I appreciate advice, but if I offer my explanation on why I am doing it, i dont see why it should become pissing match?

Growing is therapy for me, I love learning from the plants and the science behind it. But ultimately, like you said @Captspaulding , listen to the plants, VPD was just the easiest way to setup my environment so I could 😉

Happy growing everyone

2Water

2Water

So after 24hr of soaking in a 1%h2o2 solution, I planted the seeds into solo cups. Received 11 beans in the 10 pack, and will save the other 6 til later.
20231202 191404

3cats

3cats

Vpd is measured in kpa🤷‍♂️ yes it is colder than I would like, but I'm the one paying my utilities
I use 75 watt -150w reptile heaters only while lights are on to warm up a small veg closet & if things get down into the -20 range outside I add a 150 w heat lamp I have a dimmer on above my canopy with a fan on it but its rare I use it I add heat in my 5x5 with a 1250 w heater to keep lights on temps @ or close to 78f. Overnight with lights off it can drop to 64f ( when its real cold outside) and it just adds color to my girls

2Water

2Water

I use 75 watt -150w reptile heaters only while lights are on to warm up a small veg closet & if things get down into the -20 range outside I add a 150 w heat lamp I have a dimmer on above my canopy with a fan on it but its rare I use it I add heat in my 5x5 with a 1250 w heater to keep lights on temps @ or close to 78f. Overnight with lights off it can drop to 64f ( when its real cold outside) and it just adds color to my girls
Nice, mine is setup to remain between 70-80F lights on or off. Just during winter I keep my house at 69F

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

Man, you're gassing me up, but I appreciate the kind words! This is the first run having plants in both tents, so still on a learning curve, but so far so good.
I'm starting a indoor grow in my basement now that it's finally legal in my state. Definitely could use some helpful tips from you. Not doing as well as I was when I was outdoor last year. I think it's just the different setting messing with my mind. Didn't need a fan or a heater or co2 bag or lights outside. 😅

2Water

2Water

I'm starting a indoor grow in my basement now that it's finally legal in my state. Definitely could use some helpful tips from you. Not doing as well as I was when I was outdoor last year. I think it's just the different setting messing with my mind. Didn't need a fan or a heater or co2 bag or lights outside. 😅
Do you have a journal of your indoor grow? I'll try to help where I can, but I'm still a novice.

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

Do you have a journal of your indoor grow? I'll try to help where I can, but I'm still a novice.
So I ordered some seeds still waiting on those to come in. Rn all I have is a clone I went out to Detroit to get it about a month ago. And I mean it's still alive lol 😅 but it doesn't look good at all and definitely doesn't look as good as when I got it. Prob due to the set up not being set up when I originally got it. Just kinda had it sitting in the closet under white light while I clean the basement for the last month

2Water

2Water

So I ordered some seeds still waiting on those to come in. Rn all I have is a clone I went out to Detroit to get it about a month ago. And I mean it's still alive lol 😅 but it doesn't look good at all and definitely doesn't look as good as when I got it. Prob due to the set up not being set up when I originally got it. Just kinda had it sitting in the closet under white light while I clean the basement for the last month
I'm sure it will bounce back. What strain is it?

Top Bottom