2x UC12xl13 and 12K watts.....Sealed

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GeneticFreak

Are you adsolutely positive your meter is working correctly? You should fill a res with water and nutes and test it every 6 hrs and see what it does without being in you system. May be a nutrient issue. Also what I've done is slowly add diluted calmg into my epi at 1 ml per gallon a day. Worked to slowly bring up ppm. 360 is low. Mine are at 1050 and I'm doingg a water change tonight. The more ppm I go the better they look. I'm using a top off res with the same mix and same ph and they stay the same ph and ppm with it on all day. Just more for you to consider man. Something. Has to giive. Did you start h2o2 yet? Like I said before I think certain pyth will cause sudden ph drop. Goodluck bud

H

hogan400

meters are all calibrated and fine. my dropper gives me the same reading. woke up today and my ph was 4.5, hahaha.

ppms are down about 20 overnight and ph fell 1.3 in less than 24hrs. holt shit. plants are alive and still look ok however they are def showing the stress more than ever. my nute mixed water thats not thru the de-i sat overnight and has a very high ph? 6.8
next step, flush and add mixed tap water i guess?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Well, shit I'm puzzled to say the least... :icon_dizzy:

Really hope to see some plant shots... Maybe even one root shot. The DM gold line has been very pH stable for me. I've used it in my UC with 2 ml/gal of Zone during veg and then switched to 3 ml/gal of Aquashield and omitted Zone during bloom while using 0.5 ml/gal of Roots Excelurator during the transitional week of the flip... Then I omitted the RE and just used Aquashield for the remainder of bloom. I never went over 2 ml/gal of CalMag during the entire time... :thinking

H

hogan400

GF, Im absolutely positive my meters are fine. However Ive been running my cal mag a little lower and following cch2o guideline for raising nutes. When I backed off my cal mag I was able to adjust my nutes up rather quickly. I was having a hard time getting over 400 and within days was at 650 and still climbing every day. Things were perfect before the swap. I figured I would swap early to keep building and then boom, shit hit the fan.

got home a while ago and ph was 4.5.
I manually raised phin uc to compensate for ph shock on the new flush.

My rez is tap water that sat overnight with .5ml cal mag added, nutes to 425ppm. Ph is now 6.5 in the rez and has never been that high so Im adjusting it down before my swap. Something I havent had to do yet.

I will load new pics tonight.

H

hogan400

Im gonna post some weird shit. Respond if you like. I read an article nasa wrote using de-i water on veggies, in hydro, in orbit. lol. The basics were that water is positive charged by passing thru the resin and forces away metals and cal, mag etc.. When used in hydro the positive charged water will actually force the nute out of solution and attract co2 when it returns to normal. crazy shit....

Tonight I swapped the de-i for tap and my ph hasnt dropped yet. Also it balanced out higher, I had to add a little ph down. Def different!

I also noticed my zone foamed like normal. It hasnt in a while and I thought maybe It was bad? And my cal mag changed my ph a little, that also hasnt happened for a bit.

Sure hope when I wake tomo ph hasnt dropped. Ladies seem happier for the moment.

G

GeneticFreak

That's cool I wish I could grow in space like you! Lol
Sounds like you may have found the problem. Keep us posted!

organicness

organicness

Im gonna post some weird shit. Respond if you like. I read an article nasa wrote using de-i water on veggies, in hydro, in orbit. lol. The basics were that water is positive charged by passing thru the resin and forces away metals and cal, mag etc.. When used in hydro the positive charged water will actually force the nute out of solution and attract co2 when it returns to normal. crazy shit....

Tonight I swapped the de-i for tap and my ph hasnt dropped yet. Also it balanced out higher, I had to add a little ph down. Def different!

I also noticed my zone foamed like normal. It hasnt in a while and I thought maybe It was bad? And my cal mag changed my ph a little, that also hasnt happened for a bit.

Sure hope when I wake tomo ph hasnt dropped. Ladies seem happier for the moment.

That's interesting... I also run RO/DI and have been noticing loads of calcium deficiencies, but my elemental ppm's are straight on for cal/mag. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Thanks for that insight.

H

hogan400

I was looking in the bottom of an empty site and I see accumulative dust? I assume thats my nutes that have precipitated out. My camera is in my girls car til tomo. damn

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Precipitated minerals and fine particulate from your rock style substrate can accumulate.

That pH is pesky....still dropping huh? Consider pre pH'ing your water up before adding nutes, see if this aids in stabilization.

H

hogan400

Nutes are stabilizing in the r.o fine. Ph balances out good it seems. This precipitate looks like crystals and is fairly clear. Ill have my camera tomo.

My ph in the uc today only dropped .2. From 6.0-5.8 while I have been raising my ppm to 590. It was dropping hard and now barely. I am adjusting ph up after nutes to 6.5, however would rather it stabilize normally so I can better control nute uptake. But I may have to limp this round home! I will have photos soon.

Roots look good but I see some dark colored spots right where the roots come thru the net pot? Maybe pyth maybe injuries that healed? Maybe plant herpies, who fuckin knows? Pics tomo!

H

hogan400

Since my last post, ph dropped from 5.8-5.0 in 5 hrs of lights out. Dont know how I went from crushing it to 0 growth and frozen plants. I figured I could limp this home but today the ladies ate 0 ppm for the first time.

Can zone and aquashield be used together? I guess I have to assume I have a major root issue even though I cant see it. They are scrogged in so I cant lift em out for FULL inspection? Maybe a full flush and what next?

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Assuming your not spiking your room CO2 during the night cycle (which could then be infused to the root zone dropping pH) hard to say what anomoly is at play.

Does your pH always to to drop the most during the night cycle?

Your reaction to this needs to be adding in alkaline pure water and diluting the nute down. By adding pure alkaline water your both raising the pH and increasing the likely hood of the plants staying hydrated, which will help them to make it through this quagmire.

Avoid chemical pH adjustments and stick with water as your plants medicine.

Contact us for some UC Roots which will help slough off any pathogenic habitat and lessen the likely hood of root issues proliferating while your plants are stressed. Would be nice to run 24 hours of UC Roots solution then drain away and then administer at normal maintenance dosage.

Also, the browning near the net pot is likely just oxidation of the epidermis of the root tissue caused by exposure above the water line...shouldn't be too concerned IMO.

H

hogan400

cameras back.
root photos. under the hps and pretty lame? They pop and are firm. All about the same.
Seem kinda tan but in the water are white. Is this pretty normal for you?

the third photo has a weird funky spot where it comes thru the net pot....wtf is that all about?

IMG 6713
IMG 6712
IMG 6722
IMG 6733
G

GeneticFreak

They look good except that spot. Those fat ones are sick looking! Very tree like! What does the rest of the plant look like?

H

hogan400

Ladies are showing signs of lockout & stress. Im sure its because ive SWAPPED new nutes 4 times in a week and a half. After talking with the team at cch2o Im doing a 48hr flush. They were kind in answering my questions and sending me "ucroots" for some root zone love! Should be here in a few days, till then ima ramp up feed and use zone as usual. Come monday I will start the new uc roots.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Them roots are normal,
Stop changing out the rezs so much. You need to let the system do the work bro and just relax. I usually go about a week without doing any add backs or anything just let them grow. I had a few fudged up runs in the beginning and it was all because I was doing to much tinkering and to many ph adjustments.
Let them ride
Good luck
BG

G

GeneticFreak

Them roots are normal,
Stop changing out the rezs so much. You need to let the system do the work bro and just relax. I usually go about a week without doing any add backs or anything just let them grow. I had a few fudged up runs in the beginning and it was all because I was doing to much tinkering and to many ph adjustments.
Let them ride
Good luck
BG
His ph was dropping too low. You can't just let drop in ph ride. When there's a problem like that you have to address it.
My opinion is to treat for disease with disinfecting and raise ph to acceptable level.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Yeah I suppose but somethings wrong if the ph keeps going all over. So yes he needs to address the problem for disease if thats what it is. Of coarse if the ph is dangerously low ya have to do something

H

hogan400

went from 5.8 on the regular to 4.0 in one night. otherwise if it were 5.1 i really wouldnt stress. I have done a lot, including adding topoff back at 6.5 its still falling thru the floor!!

so this flush i hope gets it. Im gonna top dress some zone to hopefully kill any pathogens i cant see until my uc roots arrives and even then it may not solve the problem because we just dont know what it is?!

Top Bottom