3,200sq. Ft. Warehouse/help With Setup

• Thread starter Spectre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shamus

Shamus

So i was at the place today checking everything out. It's still not clean yet and there's still a car blocking the electrical panel, but I got a pretty good idea of the possibilities.

The ceiling is actually curved so the center is about 14' and 12' on the sides.

Also the top beams are pretty close to forming 20' squares, so it looks like I can just run the walls all the way to the beams.

Unfortunately the ceiling is not insulated so i'll have to do that too.

And what's a good way to seal these skylights? Some sheet metal?
I'd use them.. just get a way where they're only open 12/12.. Couldnt hurt, may not help enough to validate that much effort tho..

Spectre

Spectre

I'd use them.. just get a way where they're only open 12/12.. Couldnt hurt, may not help enough to validate that much effort tho..

Definitely don't ever want them open. They're going to be part of the ceiling of my sealed rooms. I need something secure.

dexfarm

dexfarm

Did you find out if you have 3 phase power or what? Good luck with your build.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Skylights work badass in the veg space so I would leave them for veg. They become a pain in the ass for the flower side so I always cover them so I have more flexibility on my flower cycle times. It actually looks like your going to have a pretty easy time framing and hanging an Unistrut light mounting rail on 5' centers. As suggested by others make sure your top wall sill complies with local code before you start. We use a method called "slip trac" from the top sill to the roof line and then fire caulk where the wall meets the roof

Spectre

Spectre

Did you find out if you have 3 phase power or what? Good luck with your build.

Thanks. Wasn't able to open the panel because the last owner blocked it with a junker.

Pretty sure the metered panel on the left is mine. It has a tag that says 120v/240v but my electrician said it may still be 3-phase? The main building on the property is 3-phase with a high leg.

Se
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You just need to find out how many amps are available to you? looking at it looks like it could be a 100 or 200amp feed to the meter for your suite.

These days I assume that anybody kitting out a warehouse grow, no matter what size, wants to or has intentions of one day being licensed or at least legally compliant where ever they are at. That is why I lean real heavy on doing everything above board, to code, and safe. Basement or barn grows are a different story, I can show you how to do those down and dirty but still safe.

Kurtimas

Kurtimas

I just can't believe that.. I recently read a article where the gov of WA is starting to suspect certain labs and farmers of ill doing in the treat dept and looking to regulate it more..
Just that many above 30% makes me a total skeptic

Yes for sure, certain labs do not do correct testing and their results are just insane. I've heard of several labs that have tested 39+% LOL! But the lab that I go through is one of the most respected and accurate labs around (supposedly) When I go up to stores and sell my product, they are all very relieved that I go through that lab because they are indeed most accurate and they are one of the few labs that verified their testing methods with the state.

stonestacker

stonestacker

You just need to find out how many amps are available to you? looking at it looks like it could be a 100 or 200amp feed to the meter for your suite.

These days I assume that anybody kitting out a warehouse grow, no matter what size, wants to or has intentions of one day being licensed or at least legally compliant where ever they are at. That is why I lean real heavy on doing everything above board, to code, and safe. Basement or barn grows are a different story, I can show you how to do those down and dirty but still safe.

I like safely down and dirty lol.

sdgrower

sdgrower

You are the man TK.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Spec if you're going fully compliant / licensed I'd follow Tex advice to the T.

If you're considering osb particle board u might consider just framing the room in 2" R-max foam board instead. It's pretty ghetto but it works and it insulates like a mofo. Have you or anyone else considered that?

Spectre

Spectre

My future goal for the place is definitely full compliance, but in the beginning stages I may have to cut a corner or two given my budget. Hopefully my first upgrade can address these areas. My friend and owner of the complex is very keen to turn the entire place (about 14,000' sq.) into a grow op before legalization hits California, so my job is to convince him it's a good idea.

Spectre

Spectre

If you're considering osb particle board u might consider just framing the room in 2" R-max foam board instead. It's pretty ghetto but it works and it insulates like a mofo. Have you or anyone else considered that?

Agreed, TK knows his stuff.

I'm still considering options for sheathing.

Papa

Papa

Supporter

the issue there is safety. the foam insulation is flammable. 'gives off terrible smoke when it burns also.

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

10 bux a sheet for 1" Rtech at HD, that's what I ran, covered the lower 10' with panda plastic. Just be warned the rigid insulation panels by R tech allow light thru.

I'm not worried about fires, 16' ceilings and everything wired to code. So it worked for my application.
It's also about $25 -$30!bucks a sheet.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Panda or Orca plastic does not pass commercial fire code. I love the 1" Rtech foil panels and if you seal them with the aluminum duct tape at the seams you can block alot of potential light penetration. You can use Panda, Orca, or visqueen plastic film as a vapor barrier behind the foam panels and that really steps up the whole install

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

Panda or Orca plastic does not pass commercial fire code. I love the 1" Rtech foil panels and if you seal them with the aluminum duct tape at the seams you can block alot of potential light penetration. You can use Panda, Orca, or visqueen plastic film as a vapor barrier behind the foam panels and that really steps up the whole install
I actually used poly stucco tape, it's awesome stuff on panda film and the R tech panels, I also put the foil out to up the R value the extra fraction. But again I am NOT required have code inspections for this space.

Spectre

Spectre

Very clean work Lyfespan.

I may just man up and go with sheetrock over r-13. What do you guys think of the ultralight 1/2" gypsum board?

Top Bottom